Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

He doesn't even need to sign anything, just wiggle the damn pen in the air and shake his trembling fist. Lot level buyers are gutting a once great ammo supplier I"M done chasing STUPID Sky High priced ammo . Sorry but I'll sit on what I got and find other ways to spend my money. It's been fun but I'm done.

Yea im glad i grabbed 8 of the spam 640 round packs!
i tried to find myself a rock river arms - lar47 or similar, but it is such a PITA for a MA resident, i gave up trying, just considered it is not worth it.
and, most probably, it was a mistake.

a potentially correctable mistake, though.

the round itself is fine, it is just not that many MOA or sub-MOA platforms to use it properly.

He doesn't even need to sign anything, just wiggle the damn pen in the air and shake his trembling fist. Lot level buyers are gutting a once great ammo supplier I"M done chasing STUPID Sky High priced ammo . Sorry but I'll sit on what I got and find other ways to spend my money. It's been fun but I'm done.
Quitter...

This has never been a poor man's sport and much like gas prices, the cost of ammo fluctuates with the times. This happens to be one of the worst times I've ever seen, short of the mid nineties and the government was paying for my ammo back then.

Why not just try and find a stripper AR lower for 7.62x39?
short answer - because they all do eventually choke on dirty 7.62x39.
i wish a tavor would stop their stubborness and made a version that takes it - that would be quite awesome.

For what it's worth...

The Red Army Standard is better than the Wolf/WPA-Poly and way better than the Tula. A little shy of Golden Tiger... (RAS & GT are both manufactured by Vympel)

Still rated as a "buy" in my opinion. When it hits a full 50 cents... not so much.

short answer - because they all do eventually choke on dirty 7.62x39.
i wish a tavor would stop their stubborness and made a version that takes it - that would be quite awesome.
Nope. I’ve shots thousands through my ARx39. No problem at all.

ETA many people poopoo ARx39’s and AR9’s as the olden days proves these were like a frame contained in liquid feces ala @drgrant.

If you keep it clean it will serve you well. An AR9 with blowback is a different story all together. Those need consistent enemas.

Last edited:
Nope. I’ve shots thousands through my ARx39. No problem at all.
then you are either very lucky or got a great build, or both. i knew of 2 such builds done by people i personally knew and both choked constantly.
good to know that it is possible to have one that is able to function consistently.

Whelp, I'm officially out of the "trying to buy" 9mm category. PMC Bronze showed up and I had a shot at a case, but at $740 w/ prime cost I just can't swing that. I'm stocked well but was thinking one more case. Yeah not anymore. Then again, I said the same thing after the last case of 9mm I bought......

then you are either very lucky or got a great build, or both. i knew of 2 such builds done by people i personally knew and both choked constantly.
good to know that it is possible to have one that is able to function consistently.
Did you consider lapping the chamber?

I managed to grab a case of the Tula x39 last week at $.40/cpr and felt like I hit the lottery. Very happy I grabbed one.

I’m effing so butt hurt though that I keep missing AR ammo. I just want to bolster my reserve for that and I’ll hold back for a while. Seems unlikely at this point.

Back
Top Bottom