Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

in continuing my effort to give my ups guy a bad back.

9mm
Blazer vs S&B if the cost is the same which one do you buy. I have a fair bit of blazer and some S&B. I think I like S&B better but I keep buying Blazer just because. yes the answer is shoot more and figure it out but then I wouldn't need you guys.

side note it is just amazing how much smaller loose boxed cases vs 50 round box cases are
I like S&B better. I find it's better ammo and the velocities are a little hotter. I don't mind Blazer and as a matter of fact I'm probably going to order a case of 124 due to the price. But given a choice S&B.

I know its not the most high quality stuff out there, but it's the first time I've seen sub $12 a box 9mm. Definitely encouraging!

I know its not the most high quality stuff out there, but it's the first time I've seen sub $12 a box 9mm. Definitely encouraging!
Mine shot fine. All primers popped, all projos went down-range. Not super accurate... but all hit black on a B2 target at 30 feet.

I'm beginning to think about what ammunition prices will look like post-Christmas and into the New Year... View attachment 700320

I may need to dust off my expired TSUSA PRIME membership...

I read somewhere, within the last week or two, that the ammunition factories where revving up production for the war effort . Didn't a similar situation cause one of our previous shortages? I'm not sure how that'll effect my personal need for .22lr Velocitor or .380, but it can't be good.

Donr forget NH people got Moose Tapeworms to transmit into humans after f*cking a dog that ate a Moose ... 2022 lockdown coming up thanks to NH.
I heard it was mousse... 😲

Easy-Chocolate-Mousse-1-2.jpg

I read somewhere, within the last week or two, that the ammunition factories where revving up production for the war effort . Didn't a similar situation cause one of our previous shortages? I'm not sure how that'll effect my personal need for .22lr Velocitor or .380, but it can't be good.
Shortages for sure in common calibers. 9mm/.223/12ga/.308/.22lr but I think the real bottleneck was for primers/powder/projos as those were being allocated for
ammo manufacturers to meet the public's demand. Not so much for a war or .mil.

I think the biggest cost increase will be inflation of labor and materials. Possibly FJB stopping mail/internet bulk ammo orders. Locals will not be able to handle demand.

Could go the other way though too. No surplus cash drops demand as supply swells and costs decrease.
You can't eat a bullet... well, you know what I mean.

I just wish 44 mag was down to where I bought it in 2019. Such a sham.

I agree.
However, getting in to .44 over the past year really pushed me to reload more. I had dabbled with reloading, but $1/rd really pushed me. I unfortunately had to buy a few hundred rounds to get started, oh well.

I agree.
However, getting in to .44 over the past year really pushed me to reload more. I had dabbled with reloading, but $1/rd really pushed me. I unfortunately had to buy a few hundred rounds to get started, oh well.
I’m partway there with dies, shells, press, and all I need is the bullets and primers. Time is not on my side though.

I agree.

But those few rounds provide brass and 44 being a straight wall cartridge will last a long time. You will be able to get +10 reloads out of each.

So, when you substract the cost of brass, you didn't pay that much for the ammo.

I’m partway there with dies, shells, press, and all I need is the bullets and primers. Time is not on my side though.
The bullets are easy.
The primers are coming down, TS already decreased $37/K from their stupid high.

If you reload rifle like .223, I suggest you buy all Small Rifle Primers, don't worry about Small Postol (same size). Those can also be used for 45ACP if you buy small primer brass.

I don't know what war effort - that was the headline that pulled me in. The article itself was vague on that subject, more like 'the state of world affairs', I ass/u/me maybe Ukrain?
I am a firm believer that we are in a Cold War with this government and have been since Theodore Roosevelt... Bully!

Back
Top Bottom