Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I just sold 730 brass x39 cases for $100 minus $14 for shipping. I probably could have got more but wanted a quick sale. So that's roughly 12 cents a case. Subtract 12 cents off the Belom and I'd say brass is cheaper/better buy. I'm also NOT a prime member.

That being said, my AK, SKS, and AR x39 shoot any of the commie steel stuff without issue. But going forward I'll probably buy brass x39 ammo as it will be cheaper once I sell the brass.
That’s not a bad deal for any x39 right now…let alone brass cased.

Anyone know the member price on the Belom?

WP&R is a VERY small venue for USPSA. Take any match there with a grain of salt, but you’ll at least get a ‘feel for it’.

I showed up with a beretta 92fs and a Blackhawk Serpa holster and pissed off a lot of people…I didn’t shoot my f***ing leg off and the pants shitters never admitted they were cucks for thinking someone could actually use their own holster.

Bring at least 50 extra rounds of ammo than the course of fire calls for. Show up with your gun unloaded and in a case. There will be a gay ass ‘safety table’ that you have to holster up (empty) at. Most USPSA matches are ‘cold ranges’.
I used to assume that all gun folks were like the ones I met in the classes I took. I've since learned that they are the minority. Running a hot range with the average gun person would be a total train wreck. It's truly a miracle that there aren't millions of gun accidents considering how many knuckleheads exist in our community.

Cold ranges?
A cold range is all guns are carried onto the range in cases. They are kept unloaded until you are ready to shoot on the firing line. The range officer supervises your loading, the shooting, and confirms that you unload before leaving the firing line. Guns are either recased, or kept in holsters, unloaded.

A hot range is different. The second you step foot onto the range, you head for the safe loading area, and you load your gun. The gun then goes into the holster, or if it is a rifle, it is slung in a safe direction. It's OK to manipulate magazines, but the guns never leave holster, or for rifles, come out of safe slung mode until you are on the firing line, ready to shoot.
When you finish shooting, part of the protocol is to reload. Some classes actually penalize you for having an unloaded gun when you are on the range, so you learn to always reload.

Some advocate (and I agree), that with a trained, responsible population, a hot range is far safer because there's no variation in state. Guns are loaded, all the time, and need to be handled accordingly. There are never times where guns are loaded and unloaded.

The problem is that not everyone is skilled, responsible, and mature, so running a hot range where the public can attend is dangerous.

I used to assume that all gun folks were like the ones I met in the classes I took. I've since learned that they are the minority. Running a hot range with the average gun person would be a total train wreck. It's truly a miracle that there aren't millions of gun accidents considering how many knuckleheads exist in our community.
And I understand that…but the pants shitting is REALLY out of hand at those things.

I saw a kid (teenager) lose an unloaded firearm out of his holster when he was walking to the next stage. He reached down and picked it up and the pants shitters started screaming and running like maniacs toward him. He ended up getting disqualified from the match for handling an unholstered firearm. Apparently he was supposed to leave his firearm unattended on the ground and get an RSO to make sure it was safe to pick it up. So instead of giving the kid a warning and letting him finish the match, they threw the book at him.

And I understand that…but the pants shitting is REALLY out of hand at those things.

I saw a kid (teenager) lose a firearm out of his holster when he was walking to the next stage. He reached down and picked it up and the pants shitters started screaming and running like maniacs toward him. He ended up getting disqualified from the match for handling an unholstered firearm. Apparently he was supposed to leave his firearm unattended on the ground and get an RSO to make sure it was safe to pick it up. So instead of giving the kid a warning and letting him finish the match, they threw the book at him.
I hate range nazis as much as the next guy, but maybe they're anal about anyone handling guns behind the line. I remember watching that video of the black gun shooting group in Maryland, and the amount of gun handling behind the line made my skin crawl.

To be honest, it's why I've shied away from IDPA stuff open to the public. Too much likelihood of running into yahoos. I shoot with a crew in NH that prequalifies anyone who wants to attend.

I saw a kid (teenager) lose an unloaded firearm out of his holster when he was walking to the next stage. He reached down and picked it up and the pants shitters started screaming and running like maniacs toward him. He ended up getting disqualified from the match for handling an unholstered firearm. Apparently he was supposed to leave his firearm unattended on the ground and get an RSO to make sure it was safe to pick it up. So instead of giving the kid a warning and letting him finish the match, they threw the book at him.
Those are the rules whether you agree or disagree. The ROs are just following the rules lol

To be honest, it's why I've shied away from IDPA stuff open to the public. Too much likelihood of running into yahoos. I shoot with a crew in NH that prequalifies anyone who wants to attend.
meh. I’ve been shooting IDPA/USPSA since 2015 and haven’t seen anything egregious. The only bad one I can think of (I was at the match but not on his squad) was when a shooter turned 180 degrees so he’s facing UPRANGE and muzzle swept everyone behind him. He was DQ’d and haven’t seen him at a match since.
I think local ranges are worse with safety. I’ve been muzzle swept at my local range more times than I can count (including by a ROs wife). Not so much at a competition.

Really should start a new thread on this to avoid clogging up the TSUSA thread.

Last edited:
Yeah seriously. I think many of the x39 reloaders are reloading for bolt action guns. No way will I ever reload x39 - which is why I sell all of my x39 brass lol. Just stack cheap steel case ammo, DEEP.
o’ x39 and all things shooting guru, bequeath unto me your best deal running for ammunition for thine sacred AK’s!

I hate range nazis as much as the next guy, but maybe they're anal about anyone handling guns behind the line. I remember watching that video of the black gun shooting group in Maryland, and the amount of gun handling behind the line made my skin crawl.

Tbh, I’ve seen “instructors” ND during a match because they drew with a finger on the trigger so my level of trust is… non existent.

The question is “how deep is enough?”

That’s tougher to answer. The further out you go from origin, the wider variance becomes and thus the required inventory grows significantly.

If he was at an IDPA/USPSA match and the firearm hit the ground inside of the stage boundary, loaded or unloaded, that is an automatic DQ. If the firearm hits the ground outside of a stage boundary you are supposed to get an SO/RO and inform them and then follow their instructions. No DQ in this case however if you retrieve the firearm without the SO/RO and get caught the DQ is at the discretion of the MD.

Regardless of thoughts on hot versus cold range in IDPA/USPSA the rules specify a cold range. Arguments can be made for/against both. Don't like the rules then play another game.

If he was at an IDPA/USPSA match and the firearm hit the ground inside of the stage boundary, loaded or unloaded, that is an automatic DQ. If the firearm hits the ground outside of a stage boundary you are supposed to get an SO/RO and inform them and then follow their instructions. No DQ in this case however if you retrieve the firearm without the SO/RO and get caught the DQ is at the discretion of the MD.

Regardless of thoughts on hot versus cold range in IDPA/USPSA the rules specify a cold range. Arguments can be made for/against both. Don't like the rules then play another game.
Already mentioned above.

meh. I’ve been shooting IDPA/USPSA since 2015 and haven’t seen anything egregious. The only bad one I can think of (I was at the match but not on his squad) was when a shooter turned 180 degrees so he’s facing UPRANGE and muzzle swept everyone behind him. He was DQ’d and haven’t seen him at a match since.
I think local ranges are worse with safety. I’ve been muzzle swept at my local range more times than I can count (including by a ROs wife). Not so much at a competition.

Really should start a new thread on this to avoid clogging up the TSUSA thread.

I was at an IDPA Tier 4 sanctioned match last year working as a SO. The shooter pointed a fully loaded pistol right at my chest from approximately 3ft. away. That will give you an adrenaline surge for sure. Not an inexperienced shooter. I had seen him at a lot of matches for a few years. Makes you wonder what goes on in people's minds sometimes. Also makes me wonder if I want to wear my soft armor when I work big matches.

IDK how shipping factors in, but Igman brass case 7.62x39 is for sale for a bit cheaper than Belom. Pretty similar stuff, if not better. Igman is an OG Yugoslav munitions plant in Bosnia, IDK about Belom, but Igman should basically be new-production M43 but non corrosive

IDK how shipping factors in, but Igman brass case 7.62x39 is for sale for a bit cheaper than Belom. Pretty similar stuff, if not better. Igman is an OG Yugoslav munitions plant in Bosnia, IDK about Belom
Andrew has been barking about that stuff for a while now. He got some for dirt cheap last year somehow I think?

It’s probably what I should be shooting out of my bouji AK’s and should save the crap steel cased for my throw aways.

I mean yeah, the M43 (Yugo military brass) is alledgely some of the most accurate ammo in the caliber. And I'd assume that modern production out of a former yugoslav republic arms plant would be similar. Thankfully non corrosive, because if you ever see the inside of surplus yugo barrels, you'll see what I mean....

I want to get a big high magnification scope and do a 10 shot group 100yd accuracy test out of all the currently available 7.62x39. Just for kicks and because there isn't much info out there compared to 223 loads

Andrew has been barking about that stuff for a while now. He got some for dirt cheap last year somehow I think?

It’s probably what I should be shooting out of my bouji AK’s and should save the crap steel cased for my throw aways.
It shoots fine. But it is very dirty.
I just shot 105 rounds of Igman x39 and it’s very dirty as well. Leaves a ton of unburned powder in the chamber and barrel.
BUT it runs 100% in the AR so I can’t complain too much.
I can honestly say steel case wolf Tula etc doesn’t leave this much crap behind 😂
But I clean it often so it doesn’t matter too much. I thought I was shooting 22lr remington golden bullets aka golden turds lolView attachment 655539View attachment 655540

Back
Top Bottom