Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Show up and shoot. Don't even worry about having all the right gear, jaut let then know you are trying it out.

There are a lot of clubs doing it, check out Practiscore.

It slows during winter, picks back up around April.
Looks like it IS WP&R, and there is one on January 14. Maybe I will show up and shoot. Thanks!

You just said "Show up and shoot", did you not?

I'll ask a few people.

Thanks again.
Sorry, what I meant is you can show up with any handgun, if you don't have the correct holster just let them know. I have seen IDPA guys show up to shoot USPSA to try it, the RO had them start at the low ready since an IWB holster is not allowed.

As far of registering or not prior to the shoot depends on each club. Some are fine with it, some are not.

WP&R is a VERY small venue for USPSA. Take any match there with a grain of salt, but you’ll at least get a ‘feel for it’.

I showed up with a beretta 92fs and a Blackhawk Serpa holster and pissed off a lot of people…I didn’t shoot my f***ing leg off and the pants shitters never admitted they were cucks for thinking someone could actually use their own holster.

Bring at least 50 extra rounds of ammo than the course of fire calls for. Show up with your gun unloaded and in a case. There will be a gay ass ‘safety table’ that you have to holster up (empty) at. Most USPSA matches are ‘cold ranges’.

I've always thought about trying USPA/IDPA but don't really know where to begin.
I know nothing about IDPA.

USPSA action pistol is simple. OWB holster, a few mags, sign up and shoot. There are a lot of videos on YouTube going into detail on the different divisions.

Steel challenge is pretty much the same, except you can use a .22 and don't need a holster for it.

Steel challenge you don't move. Action Pistol you move.

Practiscore has the upcoming matches.

Let people know you are new, let the RO know and they will help you out. But do a little bit of research on your own and at least watch a 101 video on YouTube.

Looks like it IS WP&R, and there is one on January 14. Maybe I will show up and shoot. Thanks!
WP&R is a VERY small venue for USPSA. Take any match there with a grain of salt, but you’ll at least get a ‘feel for it’.

I showed up with a beretta 92fs and a Blackhawk Serpa holster and pissed off a lot of people…I didn’t shoot my f***ing leg off and the pants shitters never admitted they were cucks for thinking someone could actually use their own holster.

Bring at least 50 extra rounds of ammo than the course of fire calls for. Show up with your gun unloaded and in a case. There will be a gay ass ‘safety table’ that you have to holster up (empty) at. Most USPSA matches are ‘cold ranges’.
WPRC puts on a great IDPA match. They don’t do USPSA there.
I haven’t shot a match since October - would love to make the WPRC match but this baby thing complicates things lol.
5A725721-87F1-48EF-8C73-B776F31F4C2E.png

Sig is starting to have IDPA/USPSA matches. But one is on a Wednesday night and the other is a Thursday night. That’s tough during the week even if I didn’t have a baby lol.
Haven’t shot at Sig in a few years. Awesome facilities.

Sig is starting to have IDPA/USPSA matches. But one is on a Wednesday night and the other is a Thursday night. That’s tough during the week even if I didn’t have a baby lol.
Haven’t shot at Sig in a few years. Awesome facilities.
Stop using your baby as an excuse.

Grab your bag, when the wife asks where are you going yell "MGTOW" and go shoot.

She will love you more knowing she has a strong, independent man that will take care of his family.

I've always thought about trying USPSA/IDPA but don't really know where to begin.
It’s a lot of fun and you meet a lot of great people.
Just found the thread where I first started asking about IDPA matches and what gear I need etc. 8 years ago already. Been hooked since.

But for a more recent thread you could post in here for questions etc. Figured I’d avoid hijacking this Megathread lol

It’s a lot of fun and you meet a lot of great people.
Just found the thread where I first started asking about IDPA matches and what gear I need etc. 8 years ago already. Been hooked since.

But for a more recent thread you could post in here for questions etc. Figured I’d avoid hijacking this Megathread lol

Thank you, Andrew. This is totally something I want to get into in the future.

Cold ranges?

So I'm going to order some 7.62x39 and am wondering whether the Barnaul 700 round spam can or Belom 480 round case is a better buy/round. Any thoughts? Metal vs brass
I just sold 730 brass x39 cases for $100 minus $14 for shipping. I probably could have got more but wanted a quick sale. So that's roughly 12 cents a case. Subtract 12 cents off the Belom and I'd say brass is cheaper/better buy. I'm also NOT a prime member.

That being said, my AK, SKS, and AR x39 shoot any of the commie steel stuff without issue. But going forward I'll probably buy brass x39 ammo as it will be cheaper once I sell the brass.

Back
Top Bottom