• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

So they are sending UPS to pick them up tomorrow and because they were out of the Winchester XPS sabots I originally ordered x 2 they are sending me Browning BXS sabots x 4. The Browning BXS are even more money per round than the Winchester and I have a Browning Gold Hunter so a win win for sure.

93F132D0-6EE3-4A43-A448-76FD8E0348B7.jpeg AA1ADB59-C5ED-4196-9419-B946464B9909.jpeg

Picked up some more 147grn HP’s to go with today’s WallyWorld haul. It’s been a good day. I just have to stop thinking about the replacement value of the 200+, .223, and the 200+ 9mm the wifey went through today (start of a staycation amd she needed to blow off some steam).

I do shop around locally but its mostly a huge waste of time these days. Like playing the lottery. Luckily I’m well stocked, but just want to stay well stocked.

Sadly, this. My wife keeps telling me to go blow off some steam at the range, and I keep telling her I can't afford it. ('Blowing off steam' = few boxes of 9mm, couple of boxes of .45).

So then she looks at my ammo stash and says, "I don't get it, you have cases of ammo." To which I have to reply, "yes, but I bought those at last year's prices. Every box of 9mm is going to cost me around $22 to replace. *IF* I can find any."

Then she rolls her eyes and walks away. 😁

FREEDON MUNITIONS -> Big Disappointment!

I just got an email notification that they had 38spl in, so I jumped on it. Put 500 rounds in my cart and tried to check out. I got a big warning message that I had items in my cart which couldn't be sent to my shipping address (an FFL here in Mass). WTF????? I bought from them several times over the years and never had any trouble once an FFL was on file.

Spoke with their customer support, and they no longer ship to FFL's here.

Last edited:
I was checking out local prices/stock in Illinois while I'm here, seems comparable to TS pricing, but I saw some cheaper at some lgs in Mass. Not a lot of 9mm anywhere

PMC .32acp for you Seecamp folks (like me) is in stock and going fast. Just picked up a case and a half.
This is my second favorite Seecamp LWS-32 round, right behind Win Silvertips (which I have trouble finding locally)
Never a jam, pretty accurate for what it is and zero magazine over-length hang up issues.
$21.15 for 50-round box of Defensive HP .32acp... is not bad considering...

PMC Bronze 32 ACP AUTO Ammo 60 Grain JHP
View attachment 383268

I have a box - previously purchased from a LGS for $20 about two months ago. TS price wasn't too bad considering. My Seecamp has had zero issues with Federal HydraShok, and runs Hornady Critical Defense just fine. I haven't shot PMC yet.

Sadly, this. My wife keeps telling me to go blow off some steam at the range, and I keep telling her I can't afford it. ('Blowing off steam' = few boxes of 9mm, couple of boxes of .45).

So then she looks at my ammo stash and says, "I don't get it, you have cases of ammo." To which I have to reply, "yes, but I bought those at last year's prices. Every box of 9mm is going to cost me around $22 to replace. *IF* I can find any."

Then she rolls her eyes and walks away. 😁

Prices will :hopefully: not stay this high. By the time you shoot though your stash, they should be more reasonable. Hit the range!

Prices will :hopefully: not stay this high. By the time you shoot though your stash, they should be more reasonable. Hit the range!

Depends on how fast he goes through them. This ammo drought will last through the inauguration next year. If Biden wins, it will be panic buying for fear of new laws. If Trump wins, it will be panic buying when the ANTIFA/leftist terrorists start engaging in violence to overthrow the president.

I expect this shortage to last a 1-2 years. That's what happened the last time.

The hoarding mentality is strong. There are millions of new shooters. People are scared.

One man's opinion...

The hoarding mentality is strong. There are millions of new shooters. People are scared.

One man's opinion...

Taking in to account yours and the previous few posts, I’d say double that timeline.

Depends on how fast he goes through them. This ammo drought will last through the inauguration next year. If Biden wins, it will be panic buying for fear of new laws. If Trump wins, it will be panic buying when the ANTIFA/leftist terrorists start engaging in violence to overthrow the president.

Yeah, exactly. I have 2 cases of 9mm, and a case of .45. My usual range outing is about 250 rounds through my 92fs, and another 100 through my 1911. And I have a case of .22lr I haven't cracked open. This is my 'stash'. I used to buy a few boxes before going to the range.

I *could* cut back my shooting, but that prolongs the inevitable, not solve it.

I should just go back to guitar playing.

Being a johnny-come-lately not fully stocked up, I invested in the prime membership to give myself an edge over you riff-raff. I've still managed to miss the 2 minute windows for 9 and 45. All I've managed to get was prime advantage on some 40. Which I suppose is all a shooter needs anyway. Even as a prime member you have to have hair trigger reflexes apparently.

I personally have need seen 9mm in stock on ts in months now. Yet to get an in stock email notification either.

One man's opinion...

I think it will be much shorter, but who knows. The fact that ammo is still widely available is a good sign. Prices also appear to be stabilizing. As we have seen in the past shortages, supply can catch up to demand in a hurry.

I think it will be much shorter, but who knows. The fact that ammo is still widely available is a good sign. Prices also appear to be stabilizing. As we have seen in the past shortages, supply can catch up to demand in a hurry.

I hope you're correct, but prices appear to still be rising. Non-prime .223 is, as of right now, currently .60/rd. and flying off the TSUSA shelves in mere minutes. I have no experience with past shortages so I'll have to defer to you on that.

I hope you're correct, but prices appear to still be rising. Non-prime .223 is, as of right now, currently .60/rd. and flying off the TSUSA shelves in mere minutes. I have no experience with past shortages so I'll have to defer to you on that.

there’s a lot of unique conditions to this shortage that didn’t exist before. Rather than a perceived threat of “they’ll try and take our guns”. There is that but also the real threat (however remote it still maybe for lots of us) of violence.

I think notifications are only going out to Level I buyers... 🤪

I get my notifications. Here's how that goes...

6:40am: Text goes off. Item I want is in stock!
6:45am: I've grabbed my phone after grousing about the early text.
6:46am: The item you have requested is not in stock. To receive notification....
6:47am: Sigh heavily and don't even bother to reset the notification.

What sucks for me is they're mainly doing cases only. I can't afford that but would even pay some of these prices for a few boxes here and there if it were a option.

Read my mind. They seem to have single boxes of other calibers, well, mainly HD ammo, but .223/5.56 and 7.62x39 appear to only come by the case now. I'd offer to split one, but even at $275 for 500 rds. that's a tough pill to swallow.

Ahhh, the good old days (not specifically at TSUSA though); my post from Feb 2019 on another forum:
"Probably not worth the drive, unless other stores have the same deal, but I noticed R-P 9mm for $7.67 (I think it was) at the Westerly Wal-Mart. You won't even need Ned's permission to buy ammo in RI."

Back
Top Bottom