Ted Nugent To Organize Million Gun March

Also keep in mind that there may be some who cannot get to DC, but who want to share in delivering the message. Simultaneous marches and organized events can also be mobilized in the various states.

I'd have to say we've got more than a few "plants" here as well.
Not namin' names... jes sayin'.

Do we call them "plants" because they have the IQ of a plant ? [thinking] [laugh]

I found a little more on the Second Amendment March .

Michigan Takes Lead in Organizing National Gun Rights Rally
2009/02/04
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEFeb 4, 2009

The Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners (www.mcrgo.org), the largest state-based firearms advocacy group in America, is laying the groundwork for a national rally in Washington D.C. next spring. The Million Gun Owner March will demonstrate broad national support for the recognition--and preservation--of the Second Amendment.

"In the wake of last spring's D.C. vs. Heller U.S. Supreme Court decision which protects an individual's right to possess a firearm for private use and the renewed importance placed on the issue of gun rights across the country, the time is ideal for this historic gathering of gun owners at our national and state capitols," stated State Senator Alan Cropsey (R-DeWitt), a member of the MCRGO Board of Directors.

"Our lawmakers need to understand that America's gun owners come from all races, genders, political viewpoints and economic backgrounds," added Chuck Perricone, MCRGO's Executive Director.

The Million Gun Owner March is the brainchild of Michigan based author and Second Amendment advocate, Skip Coryell (www.whitefeatherpress.com). Mr. Coryell recognized the need to speak up after receiving an e-mail from a distraught woman in Belgium who related the story of a knife attack at a daycare facility in that country following a draconian gun ban that left staff helpless. Many gun owners have expressed fears in recent months that legislation to restrict access to firearms for personal defense may soon be introduced in Congress and state legislatures.

"This is the beginning of a period of historic change in our nation's history and it is no time for the timid. This is a time for brave men and women to stand up and be counted. We want our children to inherit the same freedom our forefathers know. Freedom has to be protected or it will fail. We are at a crossroads. The time to act is now," explained Mr. Coryell.

Rock-n-roll legend and Second Amendment activist Ted Nugent reinforced MCRGO's efforts by adding his enthusiastic support for the march: "A Million Gun Owner March on Washington DC in the Spring of 2010 is indeed building much steam across the hinterland. All pro-Second amendment groups must be on board and perfectly coordinated. I would be proud to rally, promote, lead and speak to whatever degree the people so honor me with."

MCRGO is building partnerships with a variety of organizations around the country to plan the Million Gun Owner March in Washington for the spring of 2010. The day long rally will occur simultaneously with events at state capitols all over the United States and in many local communities. People interested in receiving more information about the event and volunteering to be a local organizer can register at www.milliongunownermarch.com beginning Friday, February 6, 2009. Question regarding the event can be directed to Skip Coryell at [email protected].

"Michigan is enthusiastic about taking the lead role in organizing this march," said State Representative Joel Sheltrown (D-West Branch), the First Vice Chair of MCRGO. "We have already seen an outpouring of community interest and support for this effort from churches to union halls in every corner of our state. I encourage Michigan gun owners to help make history by offering their help for the Million Gun Owner March."

Joel Sheltrown is a state representative, not the guy who got this started. At any rate, we need to be united as gun owners. Forget the D's and the R's. The 2nd Amendment isnt about that. Sure, more often than not the Dems tend to be anti-gun, BUT there ARE good guys on the Dem side that support the Second Amendment and we need them. This is our time to show the anti-gun congress critters and the rest of the country that we will stand. Let's not divide ourselves by party names or we will fail.

If you think that the media is who controls all debate in this country - and if you think that nothing but what the mainstream media prints is what the people and the politicians use to make their decisions - then what you are saying might be right.

The thing is this: there has never been a million gun owner march before. SO to have it happen now is making a pretty big political statement. The mainstream media will have an extremely hard time explaining this one away.

I would argue that something a little out of the ordinary needs to be done here: like make it a TWO million gun owner march. That would be a message that would be very very hard to ignore.

If those two million people tied up Washington for a couple of days it would make another statement: that the American people are who are really in charge here. We can screw up Washington by simply showing up.

I say we should march in silence. Like a ghost army.

I'm not suggesting that anyone bow to the media, but it would be a major mistake to not acknowledge the imapct that they have in picking and choosing which causes they support (and give a pass) and which causes they attack relentlessly.

If anyone has any doubt about media influence, they must have slept through the last election.

PR is a business and those who don't understand how to use it to their advantage rarely succeed.

AT A MINIMUM, I would not do this type of march until it could be tied to objection to a specific bill before Congress.

It would have much greater impact, if it was a RESPONSE to a horrific bill pending before Congress, than to appear to be protesting a non-specific threat.

Again, my primary concern is the inability to control/manage the attendees to prevent the whole event from being turned VERY BAD by media bias and distortion.

I don't even think you'd get a million participants.
The phrase is typically just an exaggeration of the number of people there.

In any case, the bigger the group, the bigger the risks. Disconnected from a specific pending bill, it will be played by the media as an 'assault on Washington' and IMHO do our cause irreparable damage.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Pelosi, Obama, Reid etc. don't need any impetus they are naturally anti-gun and will try to pass or pass the most sweeping anti-gun legislation we can imagine anyways.
They need to know that if they do there will be millions against them.

When they do, THAT'S the time to consider something like this.

When the action can be clearly tied to an outrageous pending bill.

It wouldn't have done ANY good to have an enormous protest against failing banks, if it was held nine months ago (anticipating failures), before there was an actual event and legislation to tie it to.

It wouldn't have done ANY good to have an enormous protest against failing banks, if it was held nine months ago (anticipating failures), before there was an actual event and legislation to tie it to.

Evidently there are quite a few people who disagree very strongly with you.

More here.

Lawmakers in 20 states move to reclaim sovereignty
Obama's $1 trillion deficit-spending 'stimulus plan' seen as last straw

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: February 06, 2009
11:50 pm Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

Oklahoma Republican state Sen. Randy Brogdon
NEW YORK – As the Obama administration attempts to push through Congress a nearly $1 trillion deficit spending plan that is weighted heavily toward advancing typically Democratic-supported social welfare programs, a rebellion against the growing dominance of federal control is beginning to spread at the state level.

So far, eight states have introduced resolutions declaring state sovereignty under the Ninth and Tenth Amendment to the Constitution, including Arizona, Hawaii, Montana, Michigan, Missouri, New Hampshire, Oklahoma and Washington.

Analysts expect that in addition, another 20 states may see similar measures introduced this year, including Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Nevada, Maine and Pennsylvania.

"What we are trying to do is to get the U.S. Congress out of the state's business," Oklahoma Republican state Sen. Randy Brogdon told WND.

Please, get a clue. There are at least twenty states calling for sovereignty, some of them are essentially threatening secession citing a laundry list of some rather convincing reasons.

Firearm sales, ammunition sales, as well as long term food storage items and precious metals are at record high levels.

Open your eyes. This country is sounding a strident message to the "Yes we can." man and they are saying "No you won't.".

Last edited:

More here.

Please, get a clue. There are at least twenty states calling for sovereignty, some of them are essentially threatening secession citing a laundry list of some rather convincing reasons.

Firearm sales, ammunition sales, as well as long term food storage items and precious metals are at record high levels.

Open your eyes. This country is sounding a strident message to the "Yes we can." man and they are saying "No you won't.".

Awesome!

I had heard about New Hampshire and a couple of the other ones - I had not heard that there were 20!.

All of this is right along the lines of what I was hoping would happen if Obama got elected, he would overstep his bounds and it would cause an uprising of some form in this country to take power away from the federal government.

The more stuff like this happens is all for the better in my opinion. Given the complete mess our federal govt. and finances are in this is all goodness.

Notice how MA and CA are not on that list?

It would have done alot of good to bring it to the attention of people that might have been able to do something to stop the banks from failing.

If you know where a bomb is located and when it will go off you don't wait till it goes off to do something about it.

They already have passed and are continuing to try and pass oppresive legislation. The time to act is now and in fact the time to act was even sooner but too many gun owners agree with so called reasonable gun control even though the evidence shows it to be ineffective at best and in some instances downright dangerous to the safety of innocent people.

I now see on the site itself that it is the One Million Gun Owners March, not the One Million Guns March, as indicated in this thread title!

I also see on the "official site", a bunch of links on the lower right, including two states' groups (Ohio and Virginia). I would LOVE to see N.E.S. and G.O.A.L. linked there as well. I imagine that is coming as this thing builds up steam.

Last edited:
Notice how MA and CA are not on that list?

There was a thread about somebody asking a Massachusetts representative to draft similar legislation. Not sure how it's progressing.

California started a resolution, AFAIK that wasn't part of this "20" a few years ago, IIRC.

I now see on the site itself that it is the One Million Gun Owners March, not the One Million Guns March, as indicated in this thread title!

I also see on the "official site", a bunch of links on the lower right, including two states' groups (Ohio and Virginia). I would LOVE to see N.E.S. and G.O.A.L. linked there as well. I imagine that is coming as this thing builds up steam.

Link to site?

There was a thread about somebody asking a Massachusetts representative to draft similar legislation. Not sure how it's progressing.
[rofl][laugh2][laugh]

While I applaud the person with the stones to ask his/her legistraitor to sponsor this kind of legislation, I fear that that's a real low-calorie effort. MA is just too addicted to the federal money teat for it to ever fly.

I threw them a donation. Hope this pans out, and it would be amazing if Ted's requirement is met of having all domestic firearms manufacturers on board.

I threw them a donation. Hope this pans out, and it would be amazing if Ted's requirement is met of having all domestic firearms manufacturers on board.

He should do it whether they do or not. There are some manufacturers out there that really don't care much about full 2nd rights. I say do it without them if they don't come on board. The stakes are too high to require all orgs/companies to participate... what will be important is the sheer numbers out on the street that day!

While I applaud the person with the stones to ask his/her legistraitor to sponsor this kind of legislation, I fear that that's a real low-calorie effort. MA is just too addicted to the federal money teat for it to ever fly.

In the word's of Dr. Paul:

"Time is short, but our course of action should be clear. Resistance to illegal and unconstitutional usurpation of our rights is required. Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes.

But let it not be said that we did nothing."

In the word's of Dr. Paul:

"Time is short, but our course of action should be clear. Resistance to illegal and unconstitutional usurpation of our rights is required. Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes.

But let it not be said that we did nothing."

Speaking of him, we should write him and get him to attend!

More here.

MrTwigg,

I'd suggest calming down a bit.
We share the same views on 2A rights and need one another to hang on to them.

I don't need my eyes opened, I simply have a different view of the wisdom of a gun march on Washington, and what I believe is the high potential for it to go badly. I also specifically mentioned that it would be a better idea, when it could be tied to pending legislation.

Somehow I doubt that I'm the only passionate gun owner, and defender of the Constitution who thinks the event and the timing are mistakes.

I also specifically mentioned that it would be a better idea, when it could be tied to pending legislation.
Under this administration with D-D-D the House/Senate/Oval and RINOs rinning wild - by the time there is pending legislation it will be too late...

They are going from bad idea to law in record time these days...

I agree though, there is nothing wrong with the opinion that it "might go wrong". I would only say that the last 70 years have shown us that "we" (the small, contained government side) have been too cautious. The only time we got a voice was when the religious right pandered too us to get our begrudging support for their agenda...

"Perfect is the enemy of good" - you cannot worry about the possibility of failure when the only other option is silence...

It would have done alot of good to bring it to the attention of people that might have been able to do something to stop the banks from failing.

If you know where a bomb is located and when it will go off you don't wait till it goes off to do something about it.

They already have passed and are continuing to try and pass oppresive legislation. The time to act is now and in fact the time to act was even sooner but too many gun owners agree with so called reasonable gun control even though the evidence shows it to be ineffective at best and in some instances downright dangerous to the safety of innocent people.

My only point was that any deployment of massive resources is better when it's focused.

I haven't heard anyone articulate what they expect the specific result of this march to be...

Legislation?
Awareness?.....what SPECIFICALLY?

...and I have zero confidence in being able to control the attendees or the 'message'.

What exactly will the message be?...I see/hear an awful lot of diversity of opinion among gun owners on the whole range of potential issues.

If the idea was tied to an event or pending legislation, at least the outcome would be clearly understood.

Speaking of him, we should write him and get him to attend!

It sounds like they are trying to get Ted Nugent to commit to it first. From their "FAQ":

I've heard rumors that Ted Nugent will be there to speak. Is this true?

As of Feb 5th there is no formal contract or agreement signed with Mr. Nugent. However, we have been speaking with him personally about it and are confident that he will come on board and also lend his significant starpower and voice. Mr. Nugent has preconditions to his personal involvement which are not yet met: "We must take our time and do it right; All Second Amendment organizations, individuals, and the firearm industries must be brought on board." We are working this issue.

Back
Top Bottom