Ted Nugent To Organize Million Gun March

Under this administration with D-D-D the House/Senate/Oval and RINOs rinning wild - by the time there is pending legislation it will be too late...

They are going from bad idea to law in record time these days...

I agree though, there is nothing wrong with the opinion that it "might go wrong". I would only say that the last 70 years have shown us that "we" (the small, contained government side) have been too cautious. The only time we got a voice was when the religious right pandered too us to get our begrudging support for their agenda...

"Perfect is the enemy of good" - you cannot worry about the possibility of failure when the only other option is silence...

I agree about the pace of legislation, recently, and the risks.

I'll bet that there are an awful lot of people who think this event would be a great idea. I just hope none of them voted for Obama in November, because...."you reap what you sow"!

Somehow, I suspect there are a lot of gun owners in Obama's vote total.

If only people would have istened to those of us who were screaming warnings about all of this from the rooftops!

I agree about the pace of legislation, recently, and the risks.
Yeah as for "perfect as the enemy of good" - even uncle Ted is a "problem" in many respects WRT to the media presentation of this event..

Agree with it or not, like it or not, his presence will lower the perceived IQ of the affair by the "other side".

Let's face it - he's a nut... I love him, but he's a nut...

He's no dummy and he's right to do and say the things he does (I'm glad he does) - you can't move public opinion from the middle - it only gets moved by the extremes and ultimately moderated by the sand-paper that is dissent amongst the ranks of those that agree with you...

Yeah as for "perfect as the enemy of good" - even uncle Ted is a "problem" in many respects WRT to the media presentation of this event..

Agree with it or not, like it or not, his presence will lower the perceived IQ of the affair by the "other side".

Let's face it - he's a nut... I love him, but he's a nut...

He's no dummy and he's right to do and say the things he does (I'm glad he does) - you can't move public opinion from the middle - it only gets moved by the extremes and ultimately moderated by the sand-paper that is dissent amongst the ranks of those that agree with you...

I agree on all points re Ted.

His contribution and passion have to be applauded.

But, if Ted is a bit of a loose cannon (and he is), just think of the 'skin heads', criminals, etc. who also love their guns too, and the impact they'd have. Who's going to tell them they can't come?[smile]

Who's going to tell them they can't come?[smile]
They can come - they just have to wear khackis and knit shirts[laugh]

All you can do with that is be upfront about it - point out hypocrisy of those who can't handle a little diversity and judge by appearance despite all that the left has claimed about the value of diversity these many decades...

I agree on all points re Ted.

His contribution and passion have to be applauded.

But, if Ted is a bit of a loose cannon (and he is), just think of the 'skin heads', criminals, etc. who also love their guns too, and the impact they'd have. Who's going to tell them they can't come?[smile]

Ted Nugent.

Skinheads.

Criminals.

[thinking]

MrTwigg,

I'd suggest calming down a bit.
We share the same views on 2A rights and need one another to hang on to them.

I don't need my eyes opened, I simply have a different view of the wisdom of a gun march on Washington, and what I believe is the high potential for it to go badly. I also specifically mentioned that it would be a better idea, when it could be tied to pending legislation.

Somehow I doubt that I'm the only passionate gun owner, and defender of the Constitution who thinks the event and the timing are mistakes.

If legislation is already pending it is too late.

I haven't heard anyone articulate what they expect the specific result of this march to be...

Legislation?
Awareness?.....what SPECIFICALLY?
I'll accept abject FEAR on the part of any legistraitor who even THINKS about introducing more gun control legislation - I want them to think "Oops... this is a sure career killer if I dare to piss off so many constituents".

Are you kidding me? Have you NO memories of how vilified veteran actor CHARLTON HESTON was when he became the president of the NRA? CHARLTON freaking HESTON!! He went from beloved star of the screen to "right wing wacko" in their eyes.

If he was still alive, we could have Bob Keeshan (Captain Kangaroo) up there for this rally, and if he suddenly told folks he was a gun-owner, he'd be pilloried in the press by morning.

STOP TRYING TO APPEASE THE ANTIS; IT DOESN'T WORK!

Running away is the coward's way out of war; appeasement is the coward's way into one.

Last edited:
I'll accept abject FEAR on the part of any legistraitor who even THINKS about introducing more gun control legislation - I want them to think "Oops... this is a sure career killer if I dare to piss off so many constituents".

Are you kidding me? Have you NO memories of how vilified veteran actor CHARLTON HESTON was when he became the president of the NRA? CHARLTON freaking HESTON!! He went from beloved star of the screen to "right wing wacko" in their eyes.

If he was still alive, we could have Bob Keeshan (Captain Kangaroo) up there for this rally, and if he suddenly told folks he was a gun-owner, he'd be pilloried in the press by morning.

STOP TRYING TO APPEASE THE ANTIS; IT DOESN'T WORK!

Running away is the coward's way out of war; appeasement is the coward's way into one.

+2 Anyone from Hollywierd or in the public eye who defends the 2nd Ammendment will get crucified by the anti's. Teds fine.

I do - you were echoing my point, albeit more violently...

Worrying about the image presented to "them" is pointless. I wasn't suggesting not having Ted, just pointing out that if you are worried about a few shaved heads, then you are focusing on the wrong things... The media will be so much more distracted tearing Ted apart...

Moreover, we need to stop making excuses for not doing this sort of thing and just do it... not just in 2010, but every where, every year...

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay...I'm not trying to piss on this thread; I personally think that it is a good idea, and I will make every effort to be a part of the March on Washington. Right now enthusiasm is high, but my sensing is that many who have wholeheartedly committed themselves at this point, will find reasons as time goes on, to drop-out, just as many drop-out of NES Green events once reality bites them in the arse and they see that they have work, family and significant other commitments which preclude them from participation. It is absolutely essential that people's enthusiasm does not peak prematurely, or this will be just another great idea that fizzled.

The media will take advantage of the situation to portray us as a bunch of racist white men intent on mayhem in the nation's capital. Unfortunately there will be a fringe of camo-wearing, tin foil hat nut jobs who will show up and guess who will get most of the attention? Then there will be the people who show up with firearms and they will run afoul of the DC Metropolitan Police. Hopefully there will be no accidental discharges or fatalities due to improper gun handling. I am not trying to be pessimistic here, but realistic, not everyone is like us and it's not going to be run like an NES Shoot.

In the meantime as you prepare to go to D.C. I respectfully suggest that you do the following:

1. Put back a few dollars every month to finance the trip.
2. Plan to block out the time frame well enough in advance so that there are no schedule conflicts with your employer.
3. Stay informed about the march.
4. If you are a Massachusetts resident, join GOAL. Granted, what they do are not dramatic things like a Million Gun Owner March, but GOAL is in the trenches every day fighting. They could fight better if there were more members. I really hope that many of you that have committed to going to the March, are GOAL members, if not then there really is something very wrong with your priorities (If you think I am being judgemental...I am !).

Spring 2010 strategically seems like a good time for the reasons previously cited: mid-term elections, and other priorities in government with regard primarily with economic recovery. However, although I acknowledge conventional wisdom, I also believe that we must entertain a scenario where gun legislation is introduced much earlier in the Obama administration. If the Obama administration cannot get the economy back on track, it will look for other kinds of legislation of the "feel good" type to get the public's mind off legislative failure and gun control laws can certainly fall into that category. I can see the sheeple saying: "That Barack hasn't fixed the economy but at least we are a lot safer now that he has taken all those evil guns off the street."

So, let's move forward with vigor and enthusiasm but not peak out too early...and don't wait until Spring of 2010 to do something...mail your check to GOAL or if not Mass your state NRA affiliated shooting organization, and of course continue to maintain your membership in the NRA (what...you're not an NRA member?...unbelievable)...and remember to hang tight because in the words of the late Ben Franklin: "We must hang together or surely we will all hang seperately."

Carpe diem !

Mark L.

Last edited:
I have decided I will be in attendence.

Once a definte date is made I will be putting in for the time off. If anybody comes across the firm date please update the Thread Title (thanks).

I would be interested in maybe trying to go in a group if anybody else has that idea also.

How much do you want to bet they'll try to pass some legislation before the event barring it from even occuring? Limits on public crowds, powers to police to subdue "riots" etc.

Excellent points, Mark - we need to think like marathoners here, not sprinters.

Yes, many folks drop out of green member's events as the dates get closer and they find that there are conflicts. However, once a date is set, I'm hoping that folks will put it on their calendars and decide that the conflicts get resolved in favor of the march.

And that's an excellent point about camo. I hope that the organizers will stress that camo should be avoided... or perhaps, they'll "salt" the crowd with some practiced spokesmen in, yes, camo, hoping that the news vultures will indeed swoop in on them... only to find an articulate, well-informed spokesman.

So remember guys... leave the camo home.

How much do you want to bet they'll try to pass some legislation before the event barring it from even occuring? Limits on public crowds, powers to police to subdue "riots" etc.

With the kind of pelosi that's coming out of DC these days, it wouldn't surprise me at all. [thinking]

Ok this sounds great, but here's a dumb question. Does anyone know who these people are? GOAL has had some people ask if we are going so I checked out their website a few times and couldn't find anything about the people who are running it.

Ok this sounds great, but here's a dumb question. Does anyone know who these people are? GOAL has had some people ask if we are going so I checked out their website a few times and couldn't find anything about the people who are running it.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=88472

WND Exclusive WEAPONS OF CHOICE
2nd Amendment backers to march on D.C.
'This is a time for brave men and women to stand up and be counted'
Posted: February 09, 2009
9:54 pm Eastern

© 2009 WorldNetDaily

A coalition is being assembled to march on Washington to deliver to Congress, the president and even the U.S. Supreme Court a message that the Second Amendment is critical as the single right that allows Americans to ensure continuation of all of the others.

The march is being spearheaded by the Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners, but also is being coordinated with the National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of American, Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownerships, Second Amendment Foundation, Virginia Citizens Defense League, Ohioans for Concealed Carry, Virginia Shooting Sports Association and others.

He should do it whether they do or not. There are some manufacturers out there that really don't care much about full 2nd rights. I say do it without them if they don't come on board. The stakes are too high to require all orgs/companies to participate... what will be important is the sheer numbers out on the street that day!

Oh, yeah, he definitely should. I was just saying, it would be amazing if they actually backed this.

If Ted didn't back this because a few manufacturer's don't care, that would be incredibly lame.

Provided that it goes through some normal vetting process, it would be a great opportunity for GOAL to reach out to a national audience (of course the core mission being to help Massachusetts gun owners) by linking up with them.

Oh, yeah, he definitely should. I was just saying, it would be amazing if they actually backed this.

If Ted didn't back this because a few manufacturer's don't care, that would be incredibly lame.

Yep that was the only point I was trying to make. I think I see his tactic though, it will get people yelling and screaming for those manufactures to show up. Looks like a lot are getting on board already! [grin]

Did anyone notice on the site's home page, that they said they finally got Ted Nugent to sign on to this. I hope they can get Tom Selleck and some other celebrities also.

...And that's an excellent point about camo. I hope that the organizers will stress that camo should be avoided...

So remember guys... leave the camo home.

How much you wanna bet Ted Nugent wears camo?

The march back int he mid 1990's was organized by the "Committe of 1776" and it was a grass roots effort.

My gun club chartered a bus to go down...

Dress nicely- no "Kill'em All" t-shirts, no profanity, no camou or anything that could be construed as paramilitary. We all know the press will flock around the one inbred dumbass who shows up in cammies, a kill'em all t-shirt, poor personal hygiene, and four teeth.

Give them nothing to show us in a negative light. The majority of the press in this country is our enemy. They have no interest in objectivity, fairness, or unbiased truth. And none in the Constitution, either, in regards to the Second Amendment.

Regardless of pending legislation this kind of thing happens so infrequently that it will be noteworthy. People like us don't often protest. We have jobs and lives. Most of the smelly hippies have neither and can then protest at will, as they have the time. Getting this many productive citizens to drop everything and protest with a weeks notice, or a months, won't work.

This will. I think it's time. I'll be there.

How much you wanna bet Ted Nugent wears camo?

So f***ing what? I went to the Joint Public Safety Committe Hearings one spring, up in Boston. Goal advised that we all avoid the camo and dress, more or less, business casual. I wore a tweed sportcoat and a knit tie. It was circa 1990.

Once the news cameras got in the hearing room, they found and focused in on two half-wit-looking elderly brothers in camo, with camo caps and all, and with maybe eight teeth between them, and that was the image that got the most air time on TV that night.

I hope Ted makes at least one camo appearance, should this event go forward. It will validate the many who participants who WILL wear camo that day, and take some of the stigma off "them hicks".

Expect MSM news coverage to be aggressively negative. Expect agents provocateur to be working the crowd to gin up a negative image, looking to foment some trouble ... make someone do or say something stupid.

We will be fighting professional leftist agitators, and we're the newbies in this game.

All we can do is make our numbers known, and make our presence felt. That's a start.

Maybe we all need to read Saul Alinsky's Rules For Radicals, so we at least know how this game is played. Don't ever lose sight of the fact that the political whore, President Obama, cut his teeth as a "community organizer" in Chicago.

Now, if we just had a creepy billionaire benefactor, like George Soros, to fund us ... we'd be on our way.

Stop bashing Ted Nugent. He may be our last best hope for a rallying point.

Sorry but I think if you go to DC and participate in the political process you should at least be dressed well... or at least not like a nut. Theres no point in going if people are just going to think we're a bunch of hick nutcases. And yes it does matter what people think... thats the whole point! We're trying to show our presence and that we have rights! If it goes well, people will say "huh, I guess those gun owners aren't as bad as we thought". If it goes bad (we make a bad impression on media/politicians etc), they will talk about how a million whackos showed up in washington. Camo is fine if you're in the backwoods hunting... wearing it on the streets of DC is just being a posterboy for everything the antis want to destroy.

MrTwigg,

I'd suggest calming down a bit.
We share the same views on 2A rights and need one another to hang on to them.

I don't need my eyes opened, I simply have a different view of the wisdom of a gun march on Washington, and what I believe is the high potential for it to go badly. I also specifically mentioned that it would be a better idea, when it could be tied to pending legislation.

Somehow I doubt that I'm the only passionate gun owner, and defender of the Constitution who thinks the event and the timing are mistakes.

I gave you a +1 rep point, even though I disagree with you because I think your heart is in the right place.

In a march this size there will inevitably be people who make us look bad (skinheads, KKKers etc.) The most effective thing we can do is to show up and to make it obvious that these guys don't represent us, while standing in firm support of gun rights EVEN FOR THE PEOPLE WE DESPISE.

The media love conflict. Contrary to what many on this forum believe, my experience is conflict and confrontation sells and that's what the MSM will be covering. By all means let the nut-bags come. Let us equally show opposition to them while supporting their rights as citizens.

I plan to attend, and my wife and I will be donating money to the cause. As a long-haired hippie looking dude wearing my suit, I hope I'll be captured by the cameras even if only for a few seconds to make people THINK. Their pre-conceived notions are not reality. Reality, like Democracy is a complicated, messy thing.

Back
Top Bottom