• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

THE GREAT NES 2016 CMP M1 CARBINE ORDER

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
THE GREAT NES 2016 CMP M1 CARBINE ORDER

I'll keep a running tab of those of us have ordered a CMP M1 carbine. The thrill of D.B.Us or the agony of wait listing. I'll watch the other thread for future orders, or I guess you can add your own name to the list in another post, starting with next number.

1. eo1bart
2. Len-2A Training
3. dhuze
4. mac1911
5. majspud
6. jpm
7. Dakar652
8. 413dan
9. Parker Duofold
10. AMV
11. Coyote33
12. Kevin103
13. andrew1220 ***D.B.U.***
14. boilermaker
15. Avastan
16. 07Mustang
17. Whiskeyjim
18. JZ1018
19. Inside Out
20. rrogan
21. mclina
22. glock2726
23. June4th
24. fred2386
25. wegman
26. MRE
27. shipwreck
28. chinalfl
29. Cwulf
30. johnnymac101

Last edited:
I just filled out my forms. I'm a repeater, so I don't need a notary. I'm going to throw it in a fedex envelope today to get it there as early as possible. What's a few extra bucks at this point?

I bought a 1/44 NPM at a LGS two years ago for $640. Came with an original engineer's holster and three magazines. I paid too much for my Winchester at Amoskeag last fall at $1000 with fees with an unmarked Italian stock. I've since added an eBay Winchester stock for $35. The NPM and a similar mismatch IBM I traded for this Collector Grade IBM.

Maybe we should start posting pictures of current inventory. Remember I'm a lefty.

T

As issued 3/44 I.B.M. One of the last made few thousand made. It received the adjustable rear sight shortly after it left the factory, but never received the bayonet lug upgrade.

Small pics: 2/43 Winchester. CMP service grade. Reclaimed 11/42 serial number from a defective receiver. Re-barreled with with a 4/44 Underwood barrel. Trigger group is Inland save a Winchester hammer. Winchester bolt and stock, and an unknown hand guard.

Last edited:
I bought a 1/44 NPM at a LGS two years ago for $640. Came with an original engineer's holster and three magazines. I paid too much for my Winchester at Amoskeag last fall at $1000 with fees with an unmarked Italian stock. I've since added an eBay Winchester stock for $35

Maybe we should start posting pictures of current inventory. Remember I'm a lefty.

T

As issued 2/44 I.B.M. One of the last made few thousand made. It received the adjustable rear sight shortly after it left the factory, but never received the bayonet lug upgrade.

Small pics: 2/43 Winchester. CMP service grade. Reclaimed 11/42 serial number from a defective receiver. re-barreled with with a 4/44 Underwood barrel. Trigger group in Inland save a Winchester hammer. Winchester bolt and stock, and an unknown hand guard.

I would love to have a stock like that. Very nice wood.

Both pieces are SC-B; Sprague and Carlton, Inc, furniture makers.

I remember some other correct pieces; Martin08 and NinerMaine, IIRC.

T

Last edited:
Both pieces are SC-B; Sprague and Carlton, Inc, furniture makers.

I remember some other correct pieces; Martin08 and NinerMaine, IIRC.

T

Nice. The wood on my M1 is okay but nothing great. It must be some sort of replacement stock. Has no CMP markings. But no damage or cracks which is nice. View attachment 157507

2016 CMP carbine match?

Maybe we should try and plan a CMP carbine match.
Down and dirty 30 round format
5 sighters prone
10 slow fire prone
10 rapid sitting or prone with a reload shot 2 and 8 ?
10 slow fire standing.

Enough lead time and I might actually be able to make it.

Must be with the carbine you get on this order.?
Maybe a mini regional if we are spread to far apart. Postal match between local groups if you may?

Be nice if we all could go to North East Games and all shoot the carbine class.

Last edited:
Uh oh. My order got there at 9 this morning. Still crossing my fingers.

05d935c7868240282a295c30a4d79f07.jpg

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Updated Delivery Day: Monday, February 1, 2016
Scheduled Delivery Day: Saturday, January 30, 2016, 3:00 pm
Money Back Guarantee
Signed for By: E EDEN // ANNISTON, AL 36207 // 11:43 am

$22.95 and 11:43AM? Oh, well, it's there and all of us have an equal chance of being pulled out of those 23 tubs of letters. You'd think that having paid for Saturday delivery, it would have been there earlier.

Let us Pray to the God of Chance and hope for the D.B.U.s!

T

Last edited:
of course i lost my receipt from the post office with my tracking number on it. well...looks like it'll be a REAL surprise if I get an email from CMP, but i'm having this problem lately where I'm actually out of room in my safe so maybe next time if this doesn't work out.

btw, cool job with the write up and all the info MajSpud! beautiful rifles as well, but i'm partial to the DARK stocks!

This is my first time with CMP orders. What happens to the unlucky orders that didn't get there today? Do we go on a wait list or do they just cancel them? I did say on my order form that I would take a Field if Service Level wasn't available...

Maybe we should try and plan a CMP carbine match.
Down and dirty 30 round format
5 sighters prone
10 slow fire prone
10 rapid sitting or prone with a reload shot 2 and 8 ?
10 slow fire standing.

Enough lead time and I might actually be able to make it.

Must be with the carbine you get on this order.?
Maybe a mini regional if we are spread to far apart. Postal match between local groups if you may?

Be nice if we all could go to North East Games and all shoot the carbine class.

I think this is a fantastic idea! at what range (distance) would this course of fire be at? i kind of hate speed reloads in a course of fire when the bolt doesn't lock back on the last round (which i'm finding out certain magazines do not lock the bolt back)...but i'm up for whatever if I end up being one of the lucky ones!

This is my first time with CMP orders. What happens to the unlucky orders that didn't get there today? Do we go on a wait list or do they just cancel them? I did say on my order form that I would take a Field if Service Level wasn't available...

CMP said you get wait-listed. Your CC is not charged until the order is processed. I think they just need time to get a handle on the first wave and then start processing tomorrow's letters.

T

Back
Top Bottom