THE GREAT NES 2016 CMP M1 CARBINE ORDER

CMP sold out in 2 hours... what a joke.. HOw can you say you are accepting orders on 2/1 and then be sold out on 2/1 BEFORE the mail is even delivered. F___cking joke.

CMP sold out in 2 hours... what a joke.. HOw can you say you are accepting orders on 2/1 and then be sold out on 2/1 BEFORE the mail is even delivered. F___cking joke.

my mail arrived there at 932am As for selling out well its part of the cmp game. just because they listed as sold out doesnt mean if your order gets there tuesday,wednesday you wont get one.
The cmp has a good indication at what point they need to stop the flow of orders.
Also remember all those bins contain other orders also its not like they know what envelopes have carbine orders in them.

few factors that might give you some hope.
Not everyone is ordering a field or service grade. Not everyone is taking the 2nd choice option. Me for example I want a service grade if I dont get one my 2nd choice is a field grade M1 garand.

for the record I sent in a order for the IHC the day they said they where sold out several weeks later i recieved a call if I would take a field grade. I declined.

Last edited:
Glad I was able to resist temptation to pick up a gun I never really had a boner for. Got a couple cans of m2 instead.

Well they did say a "limited number" of carbines...[grin]

The demand was high so it doesn't really surprise me all that much.

I think this is a fantastic idea! at what range (distance) would this course of fire be at? i kind of hate speed reloads in a course of fire when the bolt doesn't lock back on the last round (which i'm finding out certain magazines do not lock the bolt back)...but i'm up for whatever if I end up being one of the lucky ones!

COURSE OF FIRE: The M1 Carbine Course of Fire is used. All firing is at 100 yards on the SR-1 highpower rifle target (200 yard SR target reduced for firing at 100 yards).

M1CarbineCOF.jpg

or formatted to what ever we choose.... can just do 10 rounds prone, 10 rounds sitting or kneeling and 10 rounds standing.
Not so formal

Last edited:
COURSE OF FIRE: The M1 Carbine Course of Fire is used. All firing is at 100 yards on the SR-1 highpower rifle target (200 yard SR target reduced for firing at 100 yards).

View attachment 157615

or formatted to what ever we choose.... can just do 10 rounds prone, 10 rounds sitting or kneeling and 10 rounds standing.
Not so formal

I really need to practice shooting from different positions other than sitting and occasionally standing. I should get a mat to shoot prone on.

I can see the disappointment now for those in line on TH.

CMP M1 Carbine Release in CMP Stores

M1 Carbines will be released in our stores in Anniston, Alabama, and Port Clinton, Ohio, on Thursday, February 4. Since our mail orders sold out in one day, we thought it would be wise to notify our store customers that there will be less than 35 full M1 Carbines in each store. This is the extremely limited quantity referenced in our previous email. They will be sold on a first come, first serve basis. No rifles will be held. Please bring all necessary paperwork with you to the store. No agent purchases.

T

The only thing I'll lose by not getting a carbine is the $6.45 I spent to ship the order[laugh] Worth the gamble I think.

Not everyone is ordering a field or service grade. Not everyone is taking the 2nd choice option. Me for example I want a service grade if I dont get one my 2nd choice is a field grade M1 garand.

for the record I sent in a order for the IHC the day they said they where sold out several weeks later i recieved a call if I would take a field grade. I declined.

Mark Johnson just posted on the CMP forums saying their sold out of the garands and won't allow people to switch a carbine for a garand?
We don't have any Garands to offer, all are pretty much going to back order at this time. Not a bad idea, if we had more inventory...

****UPDATE****
Right from Mark Johnson's mouth on the CMP forums:

Mail orders... We will randomly pick and process from 1 Feb. stack of orders. We received over 5000 orders for a little more than 1000 Carbines on hand. We hope to receive close to a 1000 more in the next week or so. We will process orders for the first 1000 or so on hand Carbines and then fill back orders with the 1000 or so that are on the way to us now... The 1000 or so on the way to us now are from Army inventory.

I really need to practice shooting from different positions other than sitting and occasionally standing. I should get a mat to shoot prone on.

I have this mat and its been holding up great. The mats from midway suck IMHO. This mat has help up to some good abuse. I have laid on wet mud and it doesn't bleed through. It doesnt get hot in the sun and I like the added grip around the knee area

http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.aspx?p=ItemDetailOptions&item=700U
toss a nice turner or brown sling on and use it prone or sitting and enjoy
http://www.servicerifleslings.com/

I made the cut!!....I think

Order Received 2/1/16

We have received and verified your recent order. You will receive other emails as the order progresses.

Your customer # is . The order will not show as pending on the estore until the Sales Department processes and assigns an order number to it. If you have any problems logging onto the estore, please let us know.

The shipping time will be determined by the amount of orders ahead of your order.

Thank you for your order and your support of our program.

Melody Kirby
Civilian Marksmanship Program-South
Distribution Supervisor

67C2D41381E49374406446238A1AF1486E34EC45@sct-15-1-318-15-msonline-outlook-9143d.templateTenant

Last rifle I ordered from CMP (last March) I didn't get a DBU email...but after a while it showed up as a pending order in the estore. I kept checking for a tracking number but didn't see one listed till the day it arrived at the shop. Hopefully some more of us will be in for a pleasant surprise. My paperwork arrived at 932am same as some others here.
Patriot in Ipswich shows a Saginaw on their weekly update...

On the cmp forums people are starting to get order info via the e-store. A couple have already received the shipping notice. Nothing for me yet. Though I did forget to write my e-store number on my forms.

Just checked the E store and my order is pending no tracking number yet

I can't get on the restore keep getting a error with some shit about the web server is down. Looking to check on other orders? I also get a security certificate failure or something from the comp tracker?

Just checked my online banking and they cashed my check yesterday! Must be shipping soon!

SHIPPED today! But it won't be here until Monday!![crying]

SN: 1,082,736. Looks like a WRA!?

Correct. It should be an early WRA; #1,000,000 - 1,349,999 were produced from September of '42 to February of '44. So #1,082,736 is early 1943.

T

Correct. It should be an early WRA; #1,000,000 - 1,349,999 were produced from September of '42 to February of '44. So #1,082,736 is early 1943.

T

Awesome. Can't wait to see how it looks. I'm either keeping the Winchester or my Inland. Hoping I get nice wood with the Winchester.

Back
Top Bottom