The Gun Control Poll Mega Thread

I'll bet they thought this poll was a shoe-in for a 'guns are bad' result and use it as a lead in for some anti gun speaker.

If it keeps going this way, they'll be scratching their heads for sure.

Voted 63% no, 27% yes. If it continues this way I'll bet they never broadcast the results.

I give that poll another 2 hours before they take it down! Still up 62% to 35%!

The vote count doesn't change if you click back to poll and vote again... It probably tracks one vote per IP address?

True but if a person had a computer, a smartphone and an iPad they could be counted more than once.

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=OPINION Not that it matters much, but theres another one on the Cape Cod times front page. Every little bit counts, and this one looks really bad for us.

Well of course that one looks bad! Look how they worded the poll question: "In the wake of Friday's mass shooting in Newtown, Conn., at least some national lawmakers are advocating a ban on military-style assault weapons and make it harder for mentally ill individuals to obtain weapons. Do you support that?"

It makes it sound like if you do not support that, then you are in favor of issuing every lunatic at the local mental hospital their own "machine gun" [rolleyes]

Yes 33.28% (608 votes)
No 64.37% (1,176 votes)
I'm not sure 2.35% (43 votes)

hangon... i have 12 computers i can vote from here, and five more at home....
could always use the linux box and vote a few hundred thousand times....... they may pull the poll though.....

Voted! No's are still in a commanding lead, although there were fewer than 2000 responses at 1555 (3:55 pm for you non-military types). Let's see if the results are still going to be discussed now that the poll has back-fired on NECN.....

Yes 33.28% (608 votes)
No 64.37% (1,176 votes)
I'm not sure 2.35% (43 votes)

hangon... i have 12 computers i can vote from here, and five more at home....
could always use the linux box and vote a few hundred thousand times....... they may pull the poll though.....

tomorrow's poll: should vote-manipulating pro-gun linux boxes be outlawed?

Back
Top Bottom