• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Gun Control Poll Mega Thread

I'm liking these polls......

It doesnt matter what the polls say or the wider public wants - it matters what the King .. er .. Obama wants. Just like health care that was not supported by the majority - he will use all of his divine, vast and undeniable powers to ram through whatever he deems best for us the proletariat. Screw the majority .. the idea of a democratic republic is poison to those that wish for dictatorial control over our lives.

you have to be mentally retarded at this point to think that more gun control is going to limit crazy people and criminals in killing/hurting other people.

instead of enabeling people to defend themselves, the beta male's break out and want to hide in the corner waiting for the police to bail them out.

you have to be mentally retarded at this point to think that more gun control is going to limit crazy people and criminals in killing/hurting other people.

instead of enabeling people to defend themselves, the beta male's break out and want to hide in the corner waiting for the police to bail them out.

Well put !! But it is sad because this is the current mind set of most!

64.4% no. The comments are actually pretty spot on. "Nothing like punishing the innocent by the crimes of the guilty. ". Well said buddy.

Sent from my POS iPhone

Voice of reason said:
Here we go again, the poor law abiding citizens being hurt by the balance. How about we do nothing and wait for the next massacre on US soil? What's wrong with tightening these controls? We have plenty of controls for driving a car, but for a weapon, little to none. People mention mental health, so how about a complete background check on the person/homestead getting the gun license. I mean, if someone has a history of epilepsy, they don't get a driver's license. Makes sense to me.
Pat said:
We have to start some where. I think automatic weapons and assault rifles have no place in anyone's life. So I say start with that.
these are the mental defects (not you Dench)

trends on all the local and some national news outlets suggest americans dont want more gun control. indeed the only one that was decidedly anti gun was a huffington post poll, but when their headlines assail the NRA as cowards (yes I expressed the same sentiments, but Im not a media outlet), their bent on journalism and polling is immediately suspect.

the larger question is - will the googans in government listen or is the first few weeks of the new legislature going to be as Valerie Jarret indicated, "payback time?"

Voted no and left this comment:

56 million people in the 20th century were murdered by their government after the government took their firearms away. Don't think it can't happen here, it has already started. How about "Fast and Furious?" I put nothing out of bounds for the Politburo known as the Democratic Party.

these are the mental defects (not you Dench)

Well, neither of those people are talking about shit thats even relevant. Have "voice of reason" show us where the cars are mentioned in the constitution as a right. Then show Pat the 1986 law banning new machine guns for civilians. It's to easy. 2 more people who dont have a clue. Not even a basic understanding. Nothing.

Right next to mine:

Over the last 12 years, Americans have made themselves perfectly clear: they do not want more gun control. Indeed, concealed carry is the law in every corner of the country and applications for licensure and training is at an all time high. Its time to change the conversation on violence; focus more on the root causes and less on the object. I beg any reader to realize this is a huge and multi-faceted problem, but to go down the same path of political sniping and spin is an exercise in futility.

Voted no and left this comment:

56 million people in the 20th century were murdered by their government after the government took their firearms away. Don't think it can't happen here, it has already started. How about "Fast and Furious?" I put nothing out of bounds for the Politburo known as the Democratic Party.

Well, neither of those people are talking about shit thats even relevant. Have "voice of reason" show us where the cars are mentioned in the constitution as a right. Then show Pat the 1986 law banning new machine guns for civilians. It's to easy. 2 more people who dont have a clue. Not even a basic understanding. Nothing.

And they probably vote.

Voted no...if anything at all comes out of these polls, it will be the anti's will see us as motivated and organized (in our thoughts and goals, anyway). Even if they might not believe the numbers. Some of you have admitted to 'cheating'. I'm pretty sure they have access to the internet. Undoubtedly the opposition has their cheaters as well, but it's obvious to me, notwithstanding the shenanigans going on, we have an overwhelmingly higher passion quotient, and we should use that to our advantage.

I think these polls CAN make a difference. Not one or two, here and there, but all of them put together and laid out for everyone to see.

I am surprised how much 2A support is coming out. A lot of these polls are leaning the right way and even on facebook I am not seeing the expected overreaction.

The politicians are still going to try and capitalize on this, but I am less sure now. A few days ago I was saying about an 80% chance of a new AWB, now I'm gonna drop that to 70%. I still think it's coming, but I am genuinely surprised that the conversation has been at least slightly reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom