the Gun Room gets a new look

Wow... you must have great parents. Are they into the sport as well?

sadly no...no one in my family has ever picked up a gun before me...well both my grandfathers did in the war but that was it...no one else has ever owned firearms

my father shoots with me every now and then...but he just likes shooting a few rounds of pistol and calling it a day...not into rifles at all

ive been trying to get him more into the sport so maybe he can buy some of the more expensive rifles and i can just use them!

OK that is just so wrong...that its not my collection. However I do see a flaw in the collection. Given the 10,000 round home limit, by my calculations...add 4 , carry the one...thats about only 14 rounds per gun.

some of the guns i dont even have ammo for...like my carcano and arisaka

and while sifting through my stuff last night i realized i have 3 guns chambered in .303 and only 1 box of ammo

then theres the fact that i have about 8 rifles chambered in 7.62x39

4 12 gauges

6 .223

and when you shoot as often as i try to...there is never enough ammo...its amazing how fast 500 rounds of .223 is used up in one range session

I'm impressed with the older stuff you've got. The Arisaka with monopod, the M1917, 1903 (or 03A3), and the target .22 of some sort. Most younger guys stick with AK's, AR's, and Glocks.
Nice collection!

holy crap! that's one great collection.
when i lived with my parents all my money went to fixing up my older Dodge pick up so i could get to work everyday.but then again $8.50/hour didnt go to far either after bills and what not.

Dude, you need to open a gun store. I can't imagine how you could consider any other career.

Your parents may complain about the guns but I bet they feel safe at night!

Even if I appropriated all the money in my pizza and beer budget into my gun budget and lived on nothing but Ramen's and tap water it would still take the rest of my life to have a collection like that. I'm thinking about asking my parents if they could clear out the spare bedroom...

Well, blood hound's pics motivated me and I spent the evening removing the moldings that covered the door frame of my closet inside and out and cleaning up. I've got 2 contractors coming by in the next couple of days to give me estimates on hanging a steel door and installing a dead bolt lock. Height wise I'm ok, but width wise it looks like I need to have one of the studs moved over about 5 inches to fit the new door. [sad] Break out the sawzall!
Its ok though because I'll have 5 sheet metal cabinets to get rid of to NESrs here that have spoken for them so I'll be able to use the cash to pay off the contractor's bill and part of the price of the door. And yes you can carefully fit up to 15 rifles in one of the cabinets with no safe rash.[smile]

Last edited:
Great collection but at 23 I hope your saving some of your $$$$ for a place of your own someday.

negative on that one...by 2008 i should be in grad school...4 more years of living at school...once im out ill make close to $200k my first year...then i can worry about my own place

i already know how...ive held a steady job since i was 14

i work hard and play harder...figure by goin to med school ill be able to buy $15k full autos how i buy $1500 semis now

Well, at least we know that when you ask patients if they have guns at home, you're asking to find out if they want to sell them! Or go shooting with you... [smile]

Well, at least we know that when you ask patients if they have guns at home, you're asking to find out if they want to sell them! Or go shooting with you...

haha yes...ill be the doctor that instead of cutting his day short to go play 9 holes cuts his day short to go shoot 9 guns

Great collection but at 23 I hope your saving some of your $$$$ for a place of your own someday.

That was my first thought too (of course, I'm an accountant), but then it dawned on me that all those guns are actually a pretty decent investment vehicle. Given the pending shortage of surplus rifles and indications from the current administration as to their plans for gun control in this state, 5-10 years from now that closet is probably going to be worth a lot more than what he paid for it!

My question is, "are the guns well insured?" Remember, your folks' home owners insurance probably only covers $2000 worth of firearms. Make sure you have everything documented and on a rider!

That was my first thought too (of course, I'm an accountant), but then it dawned on me that all those guns are actually a pretty decent investment vehicle. Given the pending shortage of surplus rifles and indications from the current administration as to their plans for gun control in this state, 5-10 years from now that closet is probably going to be worth a lot more than what he paid for it!

My question is, "are the guns well insured?" Remember, your folks' home owners insurance probably only covers $2000 worth of firearms. Make sure you have everything documented and on a rider!

You got a piont.

i already know how...ive held a steady job since i was 14

i work hard and play harder...figure by goin to med school ill be able to buy $15k full autos how i buy $1500 semis now
You'll also be able to show up at the state house gun hearings and ask to speak before "normal people" are permitted since you are an important MD and your time is worth much more than that of the normal citizen.

At least, that is, until the first time you speak and they realize that you don't offer the usual babble offered by MD's who don't know the difference between gas operated and straight blowback actions.

its funny you say that because a portion of my paycheck every week also goes to my financial advisor who invests it for me

i was showing him some of my ww2 era rifles and said to him "if i didnt have to give you so much money every week i could buy more of these ya know"

his response was..."with the money you keep givin me...in a few years you wont need these rifles...youll be able to buy a sherman tank"

Just curious, and by no means should you feel compelled to answer, but I have to ask as I'm in my early 20's just as you are and have multiple jobs, working well over the normal 40 hours a week, and I can only dream of spending that kind of cash on my collection... What do you do for a living?

Respectfully,
Tom

Amazing. I miss living at home for sure. I moved out and into an apartment with my ex-girlfriend who then moved out.... I need to get another job so I can get back to buying the fun stuff. Great job and keep up the hard work.

cuda

i just recently quit 1 of my day jobs...but i was working full time for this lil company called Budweiser

other than that i work in a dental lab and 4 nights a week at an upscale bar in boston

overkill

i know this is over kill. but you could get an electronic stirke installed. good up to 2000lbs of pulling force and or pushing. also for regulare locks. insall a steel panel over the bold so no one can attemp to pry it open. I think that would only work though if your closet door or door were steel as well or some type of metal.

ES100_strike_internet.jpg

or

ES3000_strike_internet.jpg

Ah yes... bar tending is where it's at for fast cash, especially upscale. Thanks for clearing that up.

bouncer...not a bartender

i hate people too much to be cordial to them and serve them drinks...as a bouncer i can be the a*hole i am toss them around and not have to worry about it

i get paid more hourly and probably walk out with just as much in tips per night

Back
Top Bottom