THE NEW LOOK MEGA THREAD - all comments about the new version go here !

I thin we might need to give Derek a day or so to work out the bugs. I don't think you just plug in this upgrade and it works. I bet they set it up, went live, and are now scrambling to patch up all these little changes. My guess is that it will be better in the end. Maybe even easier to use from the blackberry?

Sorry I took so long to post but I shot my monitor when I saw the new site (I thought <illegal> aliens were taking over :)). Wouldn't ya know it though, I got a new monitor and it still looks the same!!!!

I would have put smiles in but they ain't there damn it!!

It takes a little getting used to, but I'm sure we will. It took me a while to realize that I had to delete all cookies and settings before I could log back on. For a while I was feeling paranoid. [smile]

Hey Derekl I want my $19 bucks back [slap] just kidding [wink] In all honesty I'm not a fan of this new layout at all, guess I was just used to things they were

I like the old format better, The red and black format was easier on the eyes. I also like the message system better on the old format

Last edited:
I thin we might need to give Derek a day or so to work out the bugs. I don't think you just plug in this upgrade and it works. I bet they set it up, went live, and are now scrambling to patch up all these little changes. My guess is that it will be better in the end. Maybe even easier to use from the blackberry?

Derek, let us know when you have finished. I will post any issues I have after you have finished tweaking things.

The only issue that I have with is readability. As an old fart with reading glasses, I find this much harder on the eyes. But I suspect that is easily tweaked.

All new software requires tweeking. Mostly it's a matter of getting used to a new look. Thanks for your efforts to make things better Derek.

Thanks for all the hard work that keeps this forum on the top of my favorites list. Any changes Derek sees fit I fully support!

I like having the user settings links up alongside my forum handle at the top of the page. It's more intuitive, even though I'm used to hunting down the "User CP" link.

Derek: Like others have said, the colors are really hard on old eyes. When you can get around to it could you use some with more contrast? The complaints will eventually stop; or maybe not. Keep up the good work.

If you haven't cleared your cookies yet, try that. It worked for me.

On another note, is the search feature being tweaked at all? I'm having a lot of trouble getting any search results. I even typed in "firearm" and got only 8 hits.

Search index is being rebuilt as we speak. Should be back up to speed in about 30 minutes.

To those with login issues, please clear your cookies for this site and try again. A slight change was made that might cause issues with this.

I don't like it. I think the new layout on lists of posts is way too busy and hard to read. I liked it much better when the OP and forum were separate columns instead of mixed in with the titles. I saw Derek mention elsewhere that he was working on making the theme selectable. I look forward to that.

Second. I don't like it in the least bit. The individual posts seem FREAKIN' HUGE! I LOVED the red too. I miss the red :(

I'm not seeing the contrast issue that folks are discussing. The text is all black against a white background in the thread bodies and black with a pale blue background for each user's information. I'm using FireFox and haven't changed any forum settings that might be available, IIRC.

Thanks for keeping us current, Derek. I hope this adds useful functionality and helps to bring in more productive members to an already very useful forum. If it makes the job of yourself and the server admins easier, that would be an added plus. =)

Back
Top Bottom