The Original Bob's Indoor Public Shooting Range and Gunshop (Salisbury, MA)

I think they redid the backstop. Not sure if it is now a technical limitation or what, but after that they did away with rifle calibers.

It is not so much a technical limitation as it is they got sick of people shooting up the target carriers and having to replace them, they are $300 a piece and a realpain in the neck, I have helped Jack do a few and believe me it sucks to do. So, pistol caliber only, pistol caliber rifles are fine, but no rifle caliber of any kind.

Why can't all these gun shops have a properly made website?
All the websites I have seen for gun shops are hard to navagate and look like shit!

Simply because gun shops don't want to spend a lot of money building and maintaining a website. I don't think some of them are all that bad. They might not be the prettiest thing in the world but I can find the information I need.

When I see a website that isn’t properly made I get turned off right away and I won’t continue to look at it, I don't know about anyone else. Tons of people are seeing your website, which is representing your business, why not make it look good.

When I see a website that isn’t properly made I get turned off right away and I won’t continue to look at it, I don't know about anyone else. Tons of people are seeing your website, which is representing your business, why not make it look good.

$$$$$$

I guess if someone didn't like the website they can go to the other public indoor shooting range that costs $10 to shoot and open 6 days a week.

Oh wait there isn't one I guess Bob's is safe for now [laugh] Really laid back place to go shoot. Their website is 1000 times what it was. Lets not nit pick.

Simple: a professional looking web site costs money. Gun stores do not make a lot of money. In addition, most gun store owners are not artsy types who recognize artistic elegance.

It actually just went up to $20 from $15 starting today. It is still cheaper than going to Manchester, the only other public indoor range around.

gotta pay for the new fancier website [wink] If the reason for limiting only to pistol calibers is just for noise, any chance they might be able to work out something in the future at least only for certain hours?

An update on the shop, Bob's is becoming a Sig Sauer dealer in the near future. There will be a Sig salesman there with a display soon as well, when I hear when this is happening, I will post and let everyone know. I do know that they have a bunch of Sigs on order, so they should be stocking them soon.

bobs indoor range

anyone know anything about this place? i think its in salisbury,mass .do they make you buy their ammo or can i bring my own?

Yes, it's in Salisbury, I've been there the last 3 weeks. Has never been too crowded, went on a fri, Sat and Sunday. $15 hr. You don't need to buy anything from them, although it's nice to support them seeing as I don't belong to a club yet. I always throw them an xtra $5 for coffee or whatever. They sell ammo, targets and guns. No heat in the range though, so if it's cold out, it's colder in!

Yes, it's in Salisbury, I've been there the last 3 weeks. Has never been too crowded, went on a fri, Sat and Sunday. $15 hr. You don't need to buy anything from them, although it's nice to support them seeing as I don't belong to a club yet. I always throw them an xtra $5 for coffee or whatever. They sell ammo, targets and guns. No heat in the range though, so if it's cold out, it's colder in!

There is heat in the range, there is a torpedo heater out there, so if you are cold, just plug it in. It is now $20 to use the range, not $15 anymore.

There is heat in the range, there is a torpedo heater out there, so if you are cold, just plug it in. It is now $20 to use the range, not $15 anymore.

Yea, they did charge me $20 last week, I thought it was just because I went over in my time. I guess I don't 'throw them the extra $5' anymore.[sad]

Hey Steelshooter or anybody who knows. How does that $20/hr. work? Do you pay after you're done shooting and they break it down by time increments or if you go over you have to pay the whole next hour? Just curious because I'll be going up there when it warms up a little bit.

Hey Steelshooter or anybody who knows. How does that $20/hr. work? Do you pay after you're done shooting and they break it down by time increments or if you go over you have to pay the whole next hour? Just curious because I'll be going up there when it warms up a little bit.

They say $20.00 for an hour but nobody there watches the clock that close. Saturday and Sunday are the busiest. If there are others waiting to shoot then they really can't tie up a lane. On the week days the range rarely fills up so if you stop 1/2 way through to have a coffee and shoot the bull instead of the targets ( Free coffee in the back by the way.) it's no big deal.
I am the one that started the new website at www.originalbobs.com I am not a website designer just a hack trying to help out friends there to get some information out and a place for others that can't make it there for an event like the drawings for the guns can see the pics on line.
I will continue to add stuff to the web as time goes on. My plan is to add to the featured guns and when they get deals on ammo like the cases of ammo for the AK's to show it there just so people will know. We all know how tough its been to get ammo at any price. If there is a deal others can find out about it on line. It's never going to look like Cabela's website but I hope better then what they had before.
The place is really laid back and lots of the regulars giving and trading stuff back and forth like old stocks, sites, magazines or other hard to get stuff. One of the guys gave me a rear site for a 1884 Springfield 45/70. Try to find one of those on the shelf.

Last edited:

THISS IS A GREAT PLACE TO SHOOT I GO THERE ALL THE TIME.

JACK IS A GOOD GUY AND ALL THE PEOPLE THAT SHOOT THERE ARE GREAT.

TRY IT YOU LIKE IT.

They say $20.00 for an hour but nobody there watches the clock that close. Saturday and Sunday are the busiest. If there are others waiting to shoot then they really can't tie up a lane. On the week days the range rarely fills up so if you stop 1/2 way through to have a coffee and shoot the bull instead of the targets ( Free coffee in the back by the way.) it's no big deal.
I am the one that started the new website at www.originalbobs.com I am not a website designer just a hack trying to help out friends there to get some information out and a place for others that can't make it there for an event like the drawings for the guns can see the pics on line.
I will continue to add stuff to the web as time goes on. My plan is to add to the featured guns and when they get deals on ammo like the cases of ammo for the AK's to show it there just so people will know. We all know how tough its been to get ammo at any price. If there is a deal others can find out about it on line. It's never going to look like Cabella's website but I hope better then what they had before.
The place is really laid back and lots of the regulars giving and trading stuff back and forth like old stocks, sites, magazines or other hard to get stuff. One of the guys gave me a rear site for a 1884 Springfield 45/70. Try to find one of those on the shelf.

The website is looking great, 1000% better than the other one. It actually has useful info on it. Keep up the good work.

We just got in a couple of nice pre-ban guns here at the shop. An H&K USP40 with 4 mags for $800, and a Para Ordnance P-14/45 Limited high capacity 1911, it is the target model and comes with 2 mags and is $725. As for new guns we have the new Walther PPS, a couple Smith M&P 9C, one stainless Para Warthog left, a couple Walther P22's two olive drab and one with the extended barrel. There is a Ruger MK III Target with thumb rest grips. There is a Para full size LDA on raffle as well as the new Savage MAko .22 bolt action. Come in and check them out!
Harrison

me and my son in law are goin tommorow [smile] i get to shoot my new sw9ve that i got 2 weeks ago cant wait just baught 300 rounds hope i baught enough[wink]

Back
Top Bottom