• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Original Bob's Indoor Public Shooting Range and Gunshop (Salisbury, MA)

Hello Folks,

I have created this new thread at the request of the business and property owner of the gun shop and indoor public shooting range in Salisbury, MA at 90 Lafayette Road. The owner is Bob Bernstein. The name of the business is "The Original Bob's Indoor Public Shooting Range and Gunshop". The former business located at this site was known as "Bob Tactical". This former business, "Bob's Tactical", has moved to a different location. Please visit "The Original Bob's Indoor Public Shooting Range and Gunshop" new website at:

http://mysite.verizon.net/originalbobs/index.html

I have assisted Bob Bernstein with his computer and website needs.

So check out the website!!!

Thanks,

dosborne5

glad to see it opened back up. My buddy and I will be heading back up there soon.

Just to clarify there are no more long guns over a .22LR allowed on the range? Is this permanent?

Went up there last night with my buddy. I'm glad its open again. The new lighting is nice. I haven't been shooting since they were closed in the summer. Finally got to shoot my 229 and my Pocketlite.

I'm also glad to see a lot of the same people there. Friendly place.

I heard they used to rent guns to shoot. Also, do they charge for earmuff use? I don't own any. Can you bring your own paper targets or do you need to buy theirs? It seems like a good place to try out. I might bring my new snubbie up there to check it out.

John

Last edited:
They provide eye and ear protection but I always brig my own. They also rent guns there.$20 for a rental and you buy ammo from them as far as I know.

You can bring your own targets and ammo as well, but it is nice to support the store sometimes as well. Before they closed I was going once or twice a week so I tried to save some money where I could.

Yea I went last week much nicer, they do rent guns and dont charge for eyes or ears. you can bring your own targets. nice new air filters. cold inside range though

I sent them an email but no reply on a question. Does anyone know if it is allowed to set the paper target at 40' or so instead of the full 75'? I want to check out my snubbie and laser grips. Also, is jacketed ammo allowed?

John

Thanks for all the replies. I'll definately be going up there. A lot of snow to shovel and Christmas parties, shopping, etc. first. So, it won't be for a bit, 'til I get a chance. I gotta check my S&W 642 sights out. It seems that a couple of posters on here have found the fixed sights to be off target on their 642's.[angry] If I find that to be the case, my snubbie goes back to get put straight. What good is a gun with crooked sights??

John

I heard that they might start a Monday night competitive steel plate shoot. Man on man style. This is a good idea and I think they would pack the place. I shoot there about once a week in the winter - very nice place.

John

Yes you can rent a gun there. It costs $10 to rent $15 to use the range and then you have to feed it with ammo. They do not charge for ear protection or eye protection. You can use your own targets if you want. It is a great place to shoot and hang out. There is a nice laid back atmosphere there now and the staff are great. I am there all the time and absolutley love the place.

It is 10 to rent not 20 anymore. new owner is much better

The new owner is the original owner. The only problem was that he didn't have his FFL AFAIK and just owned the property. Jim Ballou was the FFL and still is today i think. Somone on here did say the original bob was in the process of getting his FFL if he doesn't have it already. When Bob Forrest "rented" it he used his FFL I beleive. Now he is don the street at Bob's tactical. In his defense he had to charge more since he didn't own the space and was just renting.

$10 imo is very cheap to be able to walk in and shoot. Since they just put some work into it I wasn't sure if it was going to go down or not. Usually I will try to buy some stuff from them when I go up but I usually buy all my Bulk ammo at the Walmart down the street in NH.

Last edited:
i'm in between Gun Clubs right now, i read on their website that it's hand guns only. can anyone confirm or deny?

[laugh] - i remember they had the 50bmg gun you could shoot for $6 / per round. is that still there?

i'm in between Gun Clubs right now, i read on their website that it's hand guns only. can anyone confirm or deny?

[laugh] - i remember they had the 50bmg gun you could shoot for $6 / per round. is that still there?

sign says hang gun ammunition only and that has been confirmed when i went up there. The 50bmg is gone.

I think they redid the backstop. Not sure if it is now a technical limitation or what, but after that they did away with rifle calibers.

Back
Top Bottom