The Original Bob's Indoor Public Shooting Range and Gunshop (Salisbury, MA)

I shoot at Bob's every week. Jack and Bob (owner) and the rest of the gang have done a very nice job with the place. It is so much better than in years past. If you live in Essex County and have not discovered this place, you should check it out. As mentioned above, it's now 20 bucks an hour but they have never charged me more even though I always stay longer than that. I wouldn't advise abusing their tolerance by sleeping out in the range and tying up a lane, but overall, they are very relaxed about the whole time thing.

Just got a new plate machine yesterday, plate shooting competitions to start soon, no definate plan in place yet as to what day of the week to hold it, but will definatley be in the next couple weeks.

Now now, I had the same chances as everyone else, it is actually the first one that I have won. The next raffles are the Lusa 9mm and the Walther PPS. Steel plate matches to start 3/11/09. Sign ups at 6:00pm and shooting starts at 6:30 should be a fun time.

Now now, I had the same chances as everyone else, it is actually the first one that I have won. The next raffles are the Lusa 9mm and the Walther PPS. Steel plate matches to start 3/11/09. Sign ups at 6:00pm and shooting starts at 6:30 should be a fun time.

We actually just put a Saiga 12 on raffle as well.

We actually just put a Saiga 12 on raffle as well.

Ok now you really caught my interest... still pending on work for next Wednesday but I am going to try and come by atleast for an hour to shoot the shit and check out the steel plate match.

Been there about 1/2 a dozen times... highly recommended if you want to shoot pistol.

Just went again today with ItalianBostonian. Fair prices and a good selection of ammo too.

The free Eyes and Ears are a plus, since today I was in a rush and forgot mine. Harrison is one of the best guys I've dealt with behind any counter.

Hopefully I can make the pistol match on Weds.

Still waiting on Sig to send some guns over, they have sent catalogs, bumper stickers and signs saying we are a dealer, but no guns yet. I just wanted to let everyone know that we are still becoming a Sig dealer, but are being delayed by Sig themselves. Probably because every gun shop is trying to order guns from them, and they are back ordered to hell.

Just a reminder, first plate shoot is tonight. Sign ups are at 6:00 and shooting starts at 6:30. It will be set up with random pairs by drawing numbers so that everybody has a chance to win even if you are not such a great shooter. They will be timed shoots, first 15 seconds, then 10 then 5. You will shoot 6 times, 6 shots 6 targets, so you will need 36 rounds to participate, easy enough to scrounge up. No full metal jacket, copper plated and straight lead only, it is a saftey issue because of splatter, you will be shooting from 40ft. Hope to see a good turn out, if you are one of the people here on northeast shooters, introduce yourself so we can get to know you.

The plate shoot went great, it was a lot of fun, I ended up on the winning team, I didn't shoot so great, 18 of 36, but I ended up paired with the guy who tied for high gun. The high gun score was 33 of 36 , SA John and Tad Davidson tied for high gun. It was fun to watch them shoot. It is nice to know that the random pairs make everybody eligible to win, otherwise, I would not have had a chance at ending up on the winning end. Like I said, it was a lot of fun and I trhink everyone else thought so too. We had a great turnout, 20 shooters, hope it keeps up and gains popularity.

Last edited:
Plate shoot 3-18-09

Here is the direct link to the plate shoot info of 3-18-09 At Bob's
http://www.originalbobsshootingrange.com/new_page_11.htm
or you can navagate your way there from www.originalbobs.com
Lots of fun and more shooters showing up. 34 people tonight.
Check it out or better yet dust your guns off and get your ass out of the house for some shooting fun.

Garry

The shoot went great tonight, we added a few saftey procedures that Tad had suggested, it slowed it down a bit, but now that we have it down, it should go smoother next week. John and Vlad won the shoot with a combined score of 62. We had a great turnout, about 34 shooters or so. Hope it keeps growing.

I was asked to post this. Harrison (hstearns123) is no longer associated with Bob's shooting range in any way, shape or form and is not authorized to speak for the range or it's owner or management. The Mods have also been asked to delete any posts made by him in this or any other thread that maligns the range in anyway.

I don't know what happened and won't attempt to go there. FWIW, I think that Stearns was probably very helpful in attempting to advertise the plus side of what goes on there. Here's to wishing good luck to both Stearns and the other's at Bob's. They fill an important need in supplying us with a public shootin range.

I went to the plate shoot last night Great time. about 20 shooters.

This is good fun and all shooters are welcome.

Hope to see some new faces nex wed.

Madball13: Maybe it was because the shoot progressed quickly and you didn't have to stand around getting bored. That always kills me (doing nothing) at the larger shoots. I had Jack and Matt as partners. What's your first name, if you don't mind telling. I'm trying to picture who you were. I shot the single-action Blackhawk and the Super Redhawk DA .45.

John

Madball13: Maybe it was because the shoot progressed quickly and you didn't have to stand around getting bored. That always kills me (doing nothing) at the larger shoots. I had Jack and Matt as partners. What's your first name, if you don't mind telling. I'm trying to picture who you were. I shot the single-action Blackhawk and the Super Redhawk DA .45.

John

This is Matt, the shoot was fantastic cause we won money.

This is Matt? I don't remember you telling me your handle. George is still crying today over last night's result.

John

Back
Top Bottom