The Price Gouging/Everything Shortage Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supply on demand is ok with me, but when NES Green member pulling out off a deal after agreeing on the price, is still gives me a bad tast.
it happend here with me and member that wont mention his name. we were talking about his rifle while ago before the nightmare in Newtown in couple of days after the shooting in CT we agreed on the price, its actually was his asking price. I pm him with a day when i can meet and finalize the deal, but have not heard from him for couple of day. then in couple of day he send me pm stating that some one offer him a more $$$ for his rifle but dont have a cash now and will look for it... wtf, I got the feeling he just playing a game, but i dont wont to pay more and i hate these games. in any case 2 days later after our last contact he posting his rifle in NES classified for sale but asking $700 more.
look im not winning or complaining but if we agreed on the price be a man of your word but if you decided to get more money giving current situation just be upfront and just say you feel that you need more $$$. I'll understand and respect that, but feeding me with some BS just making me lose fate even for our NES fellow members.
by the way, it wasnt an AR

I say post his name. I'd like to know who around here likes to breach contracts with reckless abandon.

Green membership doesnt mean shit.

No ones forcing any of you people to buy anything.

It should mean something when you breach a binding contract. It sounds like they had offer and acceptance of a firearm for consideration. If you renig, you breach that contract and should be held accountable.

I say post his name. I'd like to know who around here likes to breach contracts with reckless abandon.

One would think he would leave negative feedback on iTrader but that would be asking people to actually utilize iTrader correctly.

Or he made it up.

It should mean something when you breach a binding contract. It sounds like they had offer and acceptance of a firearm for consideration. If you renig, you breach that contract and should be held accountable.

I actualy misread his 1st sentance. Whoops. I'll fix that. [rofl]

Last edited:
One would think he would leave negative feedback on iTrader but that would be asking people to actually utilize iTrader correctly.

Or he made it up.

More fun to board lynch though,if it is true it's a total douche thing to do.

More fun to board lynch though,if it is true it's a total douche thing to do.

Do both. Why not? When people burn you on deals, they are going to keep doing it to other people. I've had people deliberately F' with my buys, that entertainingly enough had the punishment for the violation in the WTS thread. When I hit the guy with neutral feedback (as was stated in the WTS thread) the guy was either dumb enough or ballsy enough to bitch about it. [rofl] **** that guy [rofl]. Check it out in my given iTrader feedback if your curious.

Midway will not ship any firearms, parts, ammunition or components to customers in Massachusetts; in fact they will not even ship to an FFL. They make this very clear in the shipping information section of the web site. In fact, I tried to order some gas checks earlier this summer and a pop-up immediately appeared informing me they would not ship the item to Massachusetts. Nothing in state law prohibits ammo and components, but most major retailers completely avoid dealing with loony-bin states like MA.

This worries me now. I just ordered a lower parts kit. It says my order is being processed. I'll be pissed if they cancel my order

- sent from forum runner using chisel and slate

Do we have any skilled CNC machinists and Mastercam programmers? We could just pool resources, by equipment and start building NES firearms.

Lots of legal hassles to go 07, plus you would need an impenetrable corporate veil to protect yourself from personal liability if you were involved in setting it up. All that investment requires capital and energy for which one should get a return, and is not likely to easily work as a cooperative.

I think someone named John in Ludlow has already made the investment and has the resources, and unless you are going to make a LOT of firearms it will probably remain cheaper to buy from him than tool up.

Also, in times of crisis, there would be a line to get to your turn on the tooling rather than a waitlist from the vendor. There is no magic solution other than stocking up in calmer times.

Last edited:
here is someone selling a PMAG magazine wrapper for $12 on FalFiles....

PMAG wrapper $12
it's a joke...but took some people a while to get it, after they jumped on the deal...

[rofl]

Might be worth it to post on eBay with a "buy it now"....

[smile]

This worries me now. I just ordered a lower parts kit. It says my order is being processed. I'll be pissed if they cancel my order

- sent from forum runner using chisel and slate

I ordered a DPMS LPK and it's already has a tracking number for shipment. I can update you wednesday, as the shipping label was created today.

I got one I will sell for $10k.

Same here.

BTW, someone would have to be INSANE to spend 2k on a pos, no name AR, when they could buy that gorgeous shotgun you have for sale. I wish I owned any crap ARs, I'd sell one of them and buy your shorty, that thing is a sweetheart!

Price what you want for whatever you want

But don't bitch and moan when things normalize and youre sitting there with a rifle you paid out the ass for and no one will pay the panic price so you can recoup your money. Be greatful when someone offers you an amount that's close to the true value of the rifle.

Price what you want for whatever you want

But don't bitch and moan when things normalize and youre sitting there with a rifle you paid out the ass for and no one will pay the panic price so you can recoup your money. Be greatful when someone offers you an amount that's close to the true value of the rifle.

I think atilla was the only one talking about paying for things with ass. or maybe it wasn't paying for things, just something about man-ass. i don't remember.

Is atilla a man? If so, no ass for payment.

Attila_Flagello_Di_Dio.jpg

will let you keep your ass virgin in exchange for your rifle [rofl]

Here's something I found odd today, a gun shop that isn't normally open on Mondays, has this big yellow sign in the front window.
Not that I fault the dealer for altering his regular routine and taking advantage of the current feeding frenzy, the odd part is that the place was not busy.
But then again, this place is well known for $50 transfers and charging sales tax on gun safes. [rolleyes]

LEE_1.jpg

I went by the Prime Gas station on Boston St in Lynn on Sunday at 11AM. The lines for gas were out into the street and about 10 cars long at both lanes of pumps. This station has a name for being one of the cheaper places to buy gas. I laughed at the line and 5 blocks away there were no lines at another station and the price was 9 cents cheaper per gallon! Go figure... sheep in lines!

I went by the Prime Gas station on Boston St in Lynn on Sunday at 11AM. The lines for gas were out into the street and about 10 cars long at both lanes of pumps. This station has a name for being one of the cheaper places to buy gas. I laughed at the line and 5 blocks away there were no lines at another station and the price was 9 cents cheaper per gallon! Go figure... sheep in lines!

It's the herd instinct. [laugh]

I'm joking, but there's actually a lot of truth to it. Many people want to 'fit in' with everyone else. They're also afraid of missing out on something. If there's a line for something it must be a great deal, right?

They're not called sheep just because they Baaaaah. [wink]

I'm sick of the WTT: threads that are like "Trade 1 preban M14 magazine for 700 preban AR15 magazines"

since when are preban M14 mags worth an arm and a leg??

Yup tell me about it..should be the other way around. give be all your M14 magazines for one 30 round AR mag.....how bad do you want it [laugh]

Genuine M14 USGI mags (not SA or CMI) were going for around $35-$45 per mag before all the insanity started, I'm talking about the OM, BRW, KMT, etc ones. I'm well stocked so I don't know what they are going for now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom