This just in from Baker, UPDATE #53

Charlie Baker finally wrote back to me after asking about 2A, see below.

Did i just get lip service? i feel unfulfilled with his response.

>> Charlie,

Before I fully support your effort to replace Deval Patrick I need to know where you stand on Second Amendment rights. Massachusetts has some of the most strict regulations in the country and these laws do nothing to fight crime just make criminals out of law abiding citizens. I am by law allowed to have a magazine for a handgun or rifle in excess of ten rounds but only if that magazine was made prior to September of 1994. If I am caught with a magazine made "post ban" that exceeds 10 round capacity and I am now a felon and I lose my rights. Does this make any sense to you? I want the laws in Massachusetts changed to punish criminals not law abiding citizens. I encourage you to meet with GOAL and get there support because they represent the gun owners of the Commonwealth and would be a great ally, look what it did for Scott Brown.

Regards,

Matt

Dear Matt,

Thank you for taking the time to send me a question.

I believe gun ownership is an individual, not a collective, right. I support the right of law-abiding citizens to responsibly own firearms, whether for hunting, sport, collecting or for personal protection. Massachusetts needs to do a better job of enforcing the laws we already have on the books, and treating the commission of a crime with a gun as the serious offense that it is.

I appreciate your taking the time to send me your thoughts on this issue and I encourage you to continue to send me your ideas in the months to come. Please continue to monitor my website for additional information about my policies. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Charlie

Last edited:
Generic reply which doesn't mean squat. Martha Coakley also claimed she supports 2nd Amendment rights, which we all know is a blatant lie.

Charlie Baker finally wrote back to me after asking about 2A, see below.

Did i just get lip service? i feel unfulfilled with his response.
"I believe gun ownership is an individual, not a collective, right. I support the right of law-abiding citizens to responsibly own firearms, whether for hunting, sport, collecting or for personal protection. Massachusetts needs to do a better job of enforcing the laws we already have on the books, and treating the commission of a crime with a gun as the serious offense that it is.

I appreciate your taking the time to send me your thoughts on this issue and I encourage you to continue to send me your ideas in the months to come. Please continue to monitor my website for additional information about my policies. I look forward to hearing from you again."

I think you just got shot down. When you write a letter pointing out that the laws on the books are stupid, and this sentence is included in the reply, you know everything you need to about the candidate: either they can't read, or they don't care.

I think you just got shot down. When you write a letter pointing out that the laws on the books are stupid, and this sentence is included in the reply, you know everything you need to about the candidate: either they can't read, or they don't care.

Great friggin point, i will be writing a reply!

I just heard him on Howie Carr, somebody from the Cape who said he was a GOAL member called and asked him if he would support changing MA gun laws. He gave the same generic answer...

"If you give lukewarm answers to 2A rights like you did on Howie Carr's show, you won't get my vote. And I am the same person that elected Scott Brown. Get off the fence and man up on 2A rights and pledge to change MA gun laws. They are confusing, designed to make honest, hard working individuals criminals for the slightest infraction. Step up, support GOAL's 2259 and do it publicly. In case you haven't seen the polls 75% of America is fed up with politics as usual. You need to break from the heard and get down to business for REAL CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN.

Good Luck with your campaign. So far you haven't earned my vote *YET*, It's up to you"

Waiting for the Black Helecopters

As soon as I read the original reply I immediately thought the same thing!

Why would we need to do a better job of enforcing laws that need to be reformed?

"If you give lukewarm answers to 2A rights like you did on Howie Carr's show, you won't get my vote. And I am the same person that elected Scott Brown. Get off the fence and man up on 2A rights and pledge to change MA gun laws. They are confusing, designed to make honest, hard working individuals criminals for the slightest infraction. Step up, support GOAL's 2259 and do it publicly. In case you haven't seen the polls 75% of America is fed up with politics as usual. You need to break from the heard and get down to business for REAL CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN.

Good Luck with your campaign. So far you haven't earned my vote *YET*, It's up to you"

Awesome btw [smile]

Give him this:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=193789

+10

Actually, DO THIS!

THIS X100

My response:

Charlie,
You wrote:
"Massachusetts needs to do a better job of enforcing the laws we already have on the books, and treating the commission of a crime with a gun as the serious offense that it is"

The laws on the books are confusing and in desperate need of reform and I ask you to publicly support GOAL there reform initiatives specifically 2259. I am an educated and informed voter who recognizes generic, lukewarm responses to issues I feel are important and if this is the path you are choosing to take when your potential constituents ask questions of you I fail to see how you are any different than any other puppet sitting on Beacon Hill.

As it stands you will not get my vote until you contact GOAL and answer their candidate questionnaire.

Regards,
Matt

You know what?
This has just inspired me to write Baker myself. Not only do I wanna see if he tries giving me the same response as Madball, but hopefully he will have changed his tune.

I'm sure if there are enough of us that write to him, he will get with the program. May write Mihos while I'm at it. Got nothing else to do

email to Christy sent!

Hopefully it will be a case of "He That is Bound, Shall be Freed" -English Dogs

Or

"The Kids Will Have Their Say" -SS Decontrol

AND NOT "No Reply" - Buzzcocks

email to Christy sent!
While you are e-mailing Christy, why don't you ask him when he's going to pay the $500,000+ he owes to vendors for his markets on the Cape and settle their lawsuits against him, and how he's going to be a viable candidate with just a few thousand in his campaign account.

Last edited:
While you are e-mailing Christy, why don't you ask him when he's going to pay the $500,000+ he owes to vendors for his markets on the Cape and settle their lawsuits against him, and how he's going to be a viable candidate with just a few thousand in his campaign account.

Make that $634,000 just for Noonan's alone. Apparently Mihos hasn't figured out that you actually have to pay money for gasoline. [laugh]

-Mike

I heard Mihos just got the signature papers yesterday from the state elections office, but he only has a few thousand in his campaign fund. Sounds like Baker is gonna be the heavy favorite. I didn't know about Christy's business issues. Doesn't seem like it's gonna matter much anyway in the form of him being a viable candidate.
So I guess I'm only really waiting for Charles in Charge to get back to me

I heard Mihos just got the signature papers yesterday from the state elections office, but he only has a few thousand in his campaign fund. Sounds like Baker is gonna be the heavy favorite. I didn't know about Christy's business issues.
They aren't exactly a secret.

In lawsuit, fuel vendor accuses Mihos’s business of nonpayment

By Frank Phillips
Globe Staff / January 26, 2010

Financial woes appear to be mounting for Republican gubernatorial candidate Christy Mihos, who now faces a lawsuit accusing his convenience store chain of not paying $634,000 it owes for fuel deliveries.

Noonan Petroleum Products, a West Bridgewater gas supplier, filed suit in Plymouth Superior Court last Friday, accusing Christy’s of Cape Cod LLP of not paying for deliveries to two of its stores since last June. The company is seeking to attach a lien on Mihos’s house, checking account, and business assets.

The latest financial flap follows a complaint filed last week by three major vendors to the Mihos campaign, alleging his committee owes them $43,500 for work involving website development, the production of television commercials, and media consulting.

A hearing on the petroleum company’s accusations is set for Friday, at which time a judge will review the company’s request to attach the Mihos properties, which would include the family’s 5,851-square-foot, oceanfront home in the gated community of Great Island in West Yarmouth. It is assessed at $6.673 million.

Michael L. Mahoney, the attorney representing Noonan Petroleum, said that shortly after Mihos was served with papers yesterday and after the Globe inquired about the case, the convenience store chain chief, who is the sole owner of the limited partnership, indicated through his attorney that he is willing to talk about settling the case out of court.

“We are negotiating,’’ Mahoney said. “But I can say this, we won’t accept anything less than what he owes us.’’ Mahoney said that Noonan had given Mihos until last Friday to pay his debt. “He didn’t, so we served him the papers today.’’

Full text here:
http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...vendor_accuses_mihoss_business_of_nonpayment/

Sent my email to Charlie as well

Charlie

Members of a forum I belong to are discussing your stance on the second amendment, and if you are going to answer the G.O.A.L. candidate questioneer. So far, your response to one of the members request was quite open ended and not taking a real position on the issue. What we are looking for now is passage of H2259, an act relative to public safety.

Please take a position on the subject and stand by it. Scott Brown was elected for a reason and there is momentum that we could build on. Don't be a typical politian by saying a lot of words but not actually conveying a message. It's too easy and voters are tired of it.

Example of typical political speech: "I look forward to hearing from you on this matter, at which point I will evalute the context of what you said and make a choice best suited to the kind of candidate that I would like to vote for."

On work days, I only catch about 30 min of news in the morning, and about 30 min of Michele Mcphee in the evening. Usually get out to late to hear Howie unless I had a "good" day. Other than that, as of Jan 26 I was prepping for surgery and now all I've been doing is posting on NES and watching recorded tv, as well as gaining a few pounds due to inactivity/recovery. If I was on my normal beat, I probably wouldn't be so ill-informed![smile]

I can't remember where I saw it but I know he has come out and says that he believes in gun control laws. I don't trust this guy and he is being forced down our throats. Luckily, Tisei is GOAL endorsed but not sure how much good that is going to do.

Back
Top Bottom