Tips on Applying for LTC-Important Info

She got it! Unrestricted! Unfortunately, I got mine with "hunting and target" restrictions. I'll save the letter and rewrite it for myself when renewal time comes around.

She got it! Unrestricted! Unfortunately, I got mine with "hunting and target" restrictions. I'll save the letter and rewrite it for myself when renewal time comes around.

Congrats!! Now the question is, "How many times will the Chief allow a form letter to sway his decisions?" You may have to stand on your head when your turn comes.

Congrats!! Now the question is, "How many times will the Chief allow a form letter to sway his decisions?" You may have to stand on your head when your turn comes.

Hmmmm........I've been thinking the same thing.

Guess I'd better practice standing on my head!

Or maybe I'll just get out of Dodge and move somewhere friendly. Nothing keeping me here.

I'm glad to hear Medford can be convinced to give ALP... move next door to Malden when its time to renew! You'll be quite green there...

I just turned 21 a few weeks ago and would like to get my ltc A. all lawful Purposes. I live in the town of Southhampton ,which I beleive is a red town. Does any one have any experiances with the southampton PD. My father just got his ltc A unrestricted renewed with out any problems. Which got me wondering if any thing has changed within the PD lately. Or am I probably SOL.

I just turned 21 a few weeks ago and would like to get my ltc A. all lawful Purposes. I live in the town of Southhampton ,which I beleive is a red town. Does any one have any experiances with the southampton PD. My father just got his ltc A unrestricted renewed with out any problems. Which got me wondering if any thing has changed within the PD lately. Or am I probably SOL.

I know your an adult now, but I might bring your father along for the ride when you submit your application. You never know what someone will think, especially if you live under the same roof as he.

I know your an adult now, but I might bring your father along for the ride when you submit your application. You never know what someone will think, especially if you live under the same roof as he.

I would definitely bring your father - if he is on board with you getting your LTC-A. If he is okay with the local PD, and he says you're okay, that could be the nudge to get you approved as well. It's just how people work.

I would like to take a basic LTC course in Massachusetts, and apply for an unrestricted carry permit. I would like to increase the probability of a successful application- I see that I live in a "green" town, and don't have any disqualifiers. Are any of the particular basic pistol courses looked upon more favorably than others (i.e., the Assn. of Chiefs of Police- maybe this is restricted to law enforcement (?)), and are there any particular things one should, or should not say, on an application, while remaining truthful.

I would like to take a basic LTC course in Massachusetts, and apply for an unrestricted carry permit. I would like to increase the probability of a successful application- I see that I live in a "green" town, and don't have any disqualifiers. Are any of the particular basic pistol courses looked upon more favorably than others (i.e., the Assn. of Chiefs of Police- maybe this is restricted to law enforcement (?)), and are there any particular things one should, or should not say, on an application, while remaining truthful.

I dont think a Licensing authority will look more favorably upon one reputable training course over another reputable course. You should always be truthful on the application, don't offer more info than needed. If your town is green and doesn't require a letter, "all lawful purposes" should be sufficient. Did you have a specific issue in mind?

LTC Everett questions/advice

Hello my name is Scott,

I am currently deployed to Southern Iraq, with the National Guard. Upon my return home I would like to get my LTC/CCW.

National Guard: Medic
No arrest record, or any obvious disqualification.
I will be attending the required firearms safety course within 2 weeks of my redeployment to Everett.

My questions are: What is the approximate time frame for getting the license in Everett.

On the application they ask for a reason you want this license: wondering what I should put for a reason. ( I want the license for protection/sports etc.)
Not sure if "All lawful purposes" would be appropriate or I should write a more detail explanation.

Thank you in advance.
Scott

That's funny that Everett is now red the other day when I looked at this site it was listed as green oh well I guess I will have to wait and see.

Thank you

Does anyone know where Scrivener went?

His avatar says banned and last activity was in February.

I am looking for a lawyer to help with me LTC-A application and reading this thread made me want to use him...but can't find any contact info.

Thanks.

Last year a friend was denied MA LTC-A for NJ offense which he declared on his MA application. He has since had his record expunged. He is re-applying for MA LTC-A. Any suggestions on what he should put for denial reason?

Last year a friend was denied MA LTC-A for NJ offense which he declared on his MA application. He has since had his record expunged. He is re-applying for MA LTC-A. Any suggestions on what he should put for denial reason?

have your friend contact a firearms attorney, cross x (Darius Arbabi), Keith Langer, etc... you can find their info on the board. Its too critical an issue with regard to the app to fudge without legal advice

Was he denied? Yes he was, though it has since been expunged. Therefore, the answer is "yes". Then explain the answer as noted on the application form.

Ken

Expungement generally means that the case and everything that has to do with it has vanished. The intent is that the case will never haunt you in the future period.
True, but the applicant must deal with:

1. The fact that he has a denial which must be reported.

2. The fact that the denying PD has a record of why they denied it, since a NJ expungement does not reach into the records of every MA PD looking for LTC application records to clean up.

3. The fact that not all issuing authorities in MA will buy into the "legal fiction" argument that one is allowed to answer "no" to question 10 because a record has been expunged.

Expungement generally means that the case and everything that has to do with it has vanished. The intent is that the case will never haunt you in the future period.
True, in the case of NJ. Maybe this individual is fortunate that the problem happened in NJ and not in MA. Records in this state do not "vanish". Sure, they can be sealed, but they will always be there and discoverable. Same thing with 209A's. If you ever had one against you for whatever reason (many are completely unjustified), that civil record will be part of your CORI forever.

The only thing that disappears from the record that any PD can see is the details. Maybe that "expunged record" or "sealed juvenile record" is for driving with a suspended license; maybe it's for killing your parents and siblings and feeding them through the wood chipper. The only thing they no for certain is that there's something there.

Ken

Great site guys, very informative and helpful. I was wondering if there was someone on here that is up on their MA LTC laws would be willing to answer some questions and give me some advice. I live in one of those Towns listed as black in the LTC threads and am awaiting my LTC A. I am obviously expecting a no go after reading the enitre thread and I just want to bounce some questions off someone, Derek can vouche for me I have been on another forum with him for years, Thanks.

Invoking the Second Amendment is a wonderful way to be dismissed as a "gun nut" and be denied/restricted accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom