Tite Group Sporting, Northborough, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks

Mod LenS,
Thank you. I did not know the other thread/comments existed and I find JimB's experience interesting and perhaps somewhat analogous to mine, seems the sense I got may have been justified. Thank you.

Greg and I went to Tite-Group a couple of weeks ago and had a very nice visit with Mike, and I walked away with an unexpected purchase of a nice little gun I didn't know I wanted. We went up there to buy ammo for the AR, he had Wolf at a great price ($159/K), we ended up spending quite a bit of time chatting. It's a very small storefront and he doesn't have a lot visible, but he seems to have quite a few things tucked away if you ask. I'm having a bit of a hard time reconciling my experience with him with some of what I've read here. I thought he was a really nice guy, professional and knowledgable, and enjoyed doing business with him.

Last edited:
We went up there to buy ammo for the AR, he had Wolf at a great price ($159/K), .
Correction.....we went there for 7.62X39 for the SKS. Of the seven gun shops I called pricing 7.62X39 he was the second cheapest and had it in stock. I will gladly make the drive to Northboro from Hanson again to do business with Mike. Decent guy.

Correction.....we went there for 7.62X39 for the SKS. Of the seven gun shops I called pricing 7.62X39 he was the second cheapest and had it in stock. I will gladly make the drive to Northboro from Hanson again to do business with Mike. Decent guy.

Glad to hear the positive comments. I expect to be doing business with him in the very near future.

I had an excellent experience with this shop. The owner had plenty of time to give personal service, unlike most other places I have been to, no rush, and was happy to really find out what I was looking for and make recommendations, and make sure I got what I wanted. I would do business again any time!

Well I guess I'm an anomaly. I've had good and bad- similar to everyone here. I was told a gun was in stock and when I got there it wasn't. I was told not to buy his guns from his auction but the prices instore were higher. On the other hand- he's a good guy, generally has good prices and was helpfull.

Anyone talk with him about our fine AG? LOL- that gets his blood boiling.

I'd certainly buy from Mike again.

I have bought a pistol and done 3-4 transfers through Mike-including a slide and receiver and found him reasonable and accomodating. He does have a small shop literally and in terms of display inventory. Mike is also a 1 man-band and not open 40+ hours a week. As a result he may not always give you a prompt reply. He does have stuff on Gunbroker sometimes and he has his own web-site which is pretty stale in terms of up to date info/pricing as near as I can tell.

IMO get ahold of him on the phone or drop by his shop when it is open-he does keep regular hours- and go over what you want, he is resourceful and willing to work on price, particularly if you can do cash.

I bought a new gun from him on Saturday. He's a great guy to do business with. I will certainly be doing business with him again in the future.

-Cuz.

I've found Titegroup to be an excellent powder for the 40S&W, though some of the big name shooters like TGO swear by VV N320.

Picked up a Smith & Wesson from Mike today (it's Friday still, somewhere, sorta). Great experience, he was super helpful. Would buy from him again.

You might want to tell your "friend" to get his facts straight before he runs his mouth.

And if you actually have a question as to why Mike does something, I'd strongly suggest that you speak with him, since he's the only person ofn the face of the Earth who could give you a definitive answer to that sort of question.

Ken

Tite Group

And if you actually have a question as to why Mike does something, I'd strongly suggest that you speak with him, since he's the only person ofn the face of the Earth who could give you a definitive answer to that sort of question.

Ken
OK, Thanks Ken.

Every time I've been there, it's been closed - even when the "OPEN" sign was displayed.

Last edited:
Every time I've been there, it's been closed - even when the :OPEN" sign was displayed.

He's usually running to the post office. I drive by it everyday and his door is usually open. You must have bad timing Keith. Next time you are in the area let me know. I work right down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom