Tite Group Sporting, Northborough, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derek
No problem. I was curious why this shop advertises new Glocks w/prices.

If you look at Collectors Guns website you will see many guns listed that you can't buy in MA. Two reasons:

- He also sells over the Internet and ships out of state to other FFLs.

- LEOs CAN legally purchase Glocks in MA!

So the fact that someone advertises something does not indicate that he'll sell it to unqualified (per MGL) people.

When in doubt, a phone call will get you the straight scoop.

He's usually running to the post office. I drive by it everyday and his door is usually open. You must have bad timing Keith. Next time you are in the area let me know. I work right down the road.

The only problem with Mike's store is that it's close to where I work -- and I can't bring any kind of firearm onto the company's property, not even locked up in the trunk. Sometimes, the temptation almost kills me. ;)

The only problem with Mike's store is that it's close to where I work -- and I can't bring any kind of firearm onto the company's property, not even locked up in the trunk. Sometimes, the temptation almost kills me. ;)

Ever considered parking on the street, or perhaps in a nearby neighborhood, and leaving your unloaded gat secured in the trunk or a suitable locked case?

Ever considered parking on the street, or perhaps in a nearby neighborhood, and leaving your unloaded gat secured in the trunk or a suitable locked case?

There's precious little of that in Marlborough on Forest St. That I work for a progressive, California-based company doesn't help.

He was open on Sunday and picked up a M&P. Although his shop is a ways out for me, I'll defintely go back and recommend anytime.

Damn, I can't remember the hours that are posted on the front door, but I think if you're there between 10AM and 4PM, you should usually find him open. I need to save up for my next trip over there.

best off to call him.....[thinking] ..even call before you head out to the store!
I have the # in my cell if you need it!

I've been in there a few times, spent a long time talking with the owner. I have bought WOLF 7.62x39 from him at what are basically Internet prices. I will go back soon, I was very happy with the service.

+1 for Mike and Tite Group Sporting (again)...

I stopped by and spent almost an hour with Mike this afternoon. He really is a great guy. Going to visit him again when I head up that way for the Defensive Knife class at Goal next Tuesday. He's 60 miles away from me so it's a bit of a drive to go see him, but it's always worth the trip. My wife on the other hand does not get nearly as excited as me when I tell her I'm going to go visit him. She just laughs at me and then wishes me a "Happy (insert nearest upcoming gift giving occasion here)"! I am truly lucky she is so understanding of my "habit".
-Cuz.

+1 to Mike at Tite Group. Always a good experience buying there. Tho he does need a faster computer to deal with MIRCS. [smile]

No One Home

Doesn't seem to want MY money...no-one there for the last three days in a row, during his posted business hours

Just wanted to put in a word for Tite Group Sporting. The service is top notch. The owner is helpful and knowledgeable, and will take the time to personally talk with you and see that you get what you need, without pushing anything you don't need.

And the prices are very competitive. Being a small shop, really a one man operation, it is best to call first before stopping by.

I keep hearing about this place and haven't gone yet even though I live right down the street. I'll have to check this place out one of these days.

Mike is the best. He is a retired Army Rangers and knows his stuff. I believe he still gives a free box of ammo with all handgun purchases. He definatley has my (repeated) buissness.

Mike is definitely a good guy, and E-8 IIRC. He was in one of my instructor training classes a few years back.

Ken

Bought some ammo from Mike the other day. Pleasant trip all around.
As others point out, it's often good to call ahead. You might say Mike lives near the shop, so if the door is closed when you get there, give him a call - he might be nearby.

The shop is really small. I have to believe most of what he sells, he's ordering and picking up from his distributors weekly. I'd think of this shop as an internet storefront for stuff you can't get off the internet. Sure, he marks things up, but you get to talk to a human being and that has advantages.

I stopped in to chat with Mike the other day. He is renewing his web hosting and there is a glitch. Should be up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom