Tite Group Sporting, Northborough, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he dabble in reloading supplies at all?

I would sure love to pick up some materials when I go to do my lower pickup.

I would sure love to pick up some materials when I go to do my lower pickup.

Not into reloading personally, but he's good about ordering stuff for you if you need something. Drop him an email. You never know.

I've never seen Mike stock reloading gear, but he's extremely helpful about ordering and receiving supplies, and he always tells you what markup (if any) he takes. Just give him a call and tell him what you're looking for. He's one of the few dealers in MA who I consistently recommend to friends and co-workers.

Tip: give him a call before stopping by. He's generally there during business hours, but as others have mentioned, he's a 1-man shop, and sometimes has to step out.

It's worth mentioning that Mike is also a trainer. I haven't taken him up on any lessons yet, but I do intend to.

Just got back from seeing Mike at Tite Group for the first time and it was definitly worth the ride from Ware. Mike is a good guy to deal with and I will be going back for sure. As others have said it is best to call him first, he can get you whatever you want in a couple days time.

Big +1 for Mike and Tite Group.

Just got back from seeing Mike at Tite Group for the first time and it was definitly worth the ride from Ware. Mike is a good guy to deal with and I will be going back for sure. As others have said it is best to call him first, he can get you whatever you want in a couple days time.

Big +1 for Mike and Tite Group.

And you didn't stop at GOAL to say hello? Come on Mike....I would have given you the $0.50 tour!

-Jon

You know I didn't even think about it, it was about 5:00 anyway so you guys were probably getting ready to head out.

I did drop your name to Mike though, you know to show I had some street cred.[smile]

I have bought several guns from mike and I would recomend him to anyone.

[grin]

mikey what your experence with ware gun.?

As you posted in the other thread it is hit or miss. Don't go there expecting great service.

(Note: the above quote and my reply is not regarding Tite Group)

And +1 to that. Based on their old GOAL ads, I'd recommended Ware to a friend from the area shopping for S&W 1911s. He came back complaining about the "jerk behind the counter". I stopped by recently to see for myself. Sure enough, I ask a simple question about a small item I'm looking for, and get a "don't bother me, I'm on the Internet" glare... and this from the owner! He has quite an impressive store, and lots of stock, but his sales skills seem to be near the Gun Room level.

Note to Ware, if you're reading this: my buddy did end up buying that Smith. Not from you.

Ware gun shop.....prices are OK on some stuff, but very inflexible if you need to deal, and the guy behind the counter while relatively knowlegeable doesn't have all the personality in the world.

I just did business with Mike at Tite Group Sporting this week, and from now on he'll likely be the only one I do business with, great guy to deal with.

This place still open?

I called the number listed in the other thread and it has a strange ring tone and seems to be a fax line. I've driven by three times on my lunch break and three times on the way home, all over the past two months, and there's never any sign of life in that little shop. I thought about walking into GOAL to ask if there's any truth to the rumor that there's a gun shop across the street.

I've been buying ammo at K&R Target in Hudson, for cryin' out loud, because I'd rather give them my $ than TGR. K&R's prices are high, though, so I was hoping to do some business with Tite Group.

What's the story?

Since Mike is a 1 man band he does not always keep exact business hours-I knwo he was away for vacay this month too. He also resides next to the shop so there maybe times when he closes the shop to pop home for lunch, or run to the P.O.,etc. I would leave a message if you have not done so and also try email. I have had success with both these in the past. As others have mentioned-he does not have a large inventory becuase his shop is smaller but if you tell him what you are looking for he can typically get it quickly and at a good price.

In my experience, sometimes it may take a little more patience with Mike but it is worthwhile IMO/YMMV.

How does one leave a message when the fax picks up the phone?

I'll try again. Maybe he was on vacation. Not looking to special order anything, just need some practice ammo (FMJ) in reasonable quantities and a few boxes of personal defense. Basically looking for .22LR, 9mm, .40SW, .357 mag, and .38 sp.

How does one leave a message when the fax picks up the phone?

I'll try again. Maybe he was on vacation. Not looking to special order anything, just need some practice ammo (FMJ) in reasonable quantities and a few boxes of personal defense. Basically looking for .22LR, 9mm, .40SW, .357 mag, and .38 sp.

Tried emailing him?

Mike is definitely open for business - keep trying.

There's also a shop in Marlborough where you can get your ammo, if you want.

Just wanted to give Mike's thread a bump. Picked up my NES lower from him this morning and he couldn't have been nicer, or more efficient. I wouldn't hesitate go back back to him if I wanted something ordered.

Just wanted to give Mike's thread a bump. Picked up my NES lower from him this morning and he couldn't have been nicer, or more efficient. I wouldn't hesitate go back back to him if I wanted something ordered.

+1 Mike was a pleasure to talk with and to do business with.

Last time I was in his shop his prices were good enough for us to drive there all the way from the So. Shore. Not to imply being nice and efficient aren't important too.[wink]

His shop may be open, but his web site isn't.

http://www.titegroupsporting.com/ now brings up a page stating that 'This domain may be for sale'. Guess he stopped updating it altogether.

He's got a different site, and has for a year or so. I think it's something like www.tgsporting.com or something like that. I can't get to it from behind the Iron Firewall, so you will have to use google if you want the exact URL.

FWIW I was there Friday and saw the boxe(s) of NES lowers. So Mike is definitely around and said things are going good. As far as his web site-I am not so sure it changed-ever :) So he may have taken it down or is re-doing it-I thought I heard something about him having an issue with whoever was hosting or helping him with it, but Mike's business is small, not like you are going to find alot of inventory and turnover like FS on his site.

I finally made it to Tite Group yesterday afternoon and had the most pleasurable experience ever! Thanks Dwarven1 for recommending I go to this shop...

Picked up a much needed Ruger Mark III and met a brother...

Another +1 for Tite Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom