Tite Group Sporting, Northborough, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just there on Saturday after the gun show and picked up a new handgun while there. 1000 times better than buying at the show. Great guy to talk to and couldn't have been happier with the whole purchase. He got me thinking about Wyoming as well...lucky man.

I was there Saturday too. . . and we talked about Wyoming too.

You're not the gentleman with the new gold plated revolver? are you?

or the guy who's daughter was waiting on a new match rifle (that she saved money for) that was coming in on Monday?

I was there Saturday too. . . and we talked about Wyoming too.

You're not the gentleman with the new gold plated revolver? are you?

or the guy who's daughter was waiting on a new match rifle (that she saved money for) that was coming in on Monday?

No that wasn't us. Three of us there just grabbing a new pistol. If the snow holds up we will be heading back up again this Sat and might be able to see some pics of the Wyoming spread.

I popped into the shop last Monday and ran into a girl who had a bear hug on her new target rifle (Mom was doing the paper work w/ Mike). She was so excited about it & pulled it out of the box to show me. OMG - I just about fell over when I saw it. I wish my folks were that supportive of my shooting!

Chatted a bit with some other guy who worked at another shop and couple of other people who walked into the shop. Folks seemed friendly enough. I have a tendency to ask way too many questions IMHO. [rolleyes]

I found a great price on some Ruger .22/45 mags from there and purchased a couple.

I was able to handle a bunch of new things that I haven't seen before. I've been out of the loop and there is a ton of stuff out now. There are a few I would like to buy. [thinking]

I popped into the shop last Monday and ran into a girl who had a bear hug on her new target rifle (Mom was doing the paper work w/ Mike). She was so excited about it & pulled it out of the box to show me. OMG - I just about fell over when I saw it. I wish my folks were that supportive of my shooting!

I spoke to this girl and her father on the day before. . . She saved every penny for that gun herself (IIRC over $4000) and she is on the state team. She was hoping that her new rifle would be good for 20 more points in her score[smile]

Margot was sooooo happy, she ran over to GOAL to show off her new rifle. All I can say is, "What a great kid".

Margosnewgun.jpg

That's her. You should have taken the plastic off the stock - I never knew they had machined aluminum stocks like that for an .22 rifle. That target rifle looked space age. [shocked]

Hmmmm .... she could get it anodized some cool color if she wanted to down the road. I don't shoot well enought to warrant something THAT nice.

Tell her if she needs some modifications done to the stock that I can help out. I've machined aluminum before. Heck, I could even write her name on her stock...... LOL.

I hope my daughter will like to shoot when she gets the opportunity to try it. She is pretty good on the Wii shooting games.

Last time I was in there Mike said he was moving to Wyoming pretty soon. He really liked the idea of being allowed to open carry a pistol down the street with a beer in your hand.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!............SAY IT AIN'T SO! [shocked]

I'm happy for him, Mike's an awesome guy, but this state is going to lose it's best gun dealer. Schitttt! [crying]

Last time I was in there Mike said he was moving to Wyoming pretty soon. He really liked the idea of being allowed to open carry a pistol down the street with a beer in your hand.

I'm pretty sure it was Montana.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!............SAY IT AIN'T SO! [shocked]

I'm happy for him, Mike's an awesome guy, but this state is going to lose it's best gun dealer. Schitttt! [crying]

I agree, good for him, he served this country for years and he's a great guy, he deserves his own little slice of happiness. But it will suck, he's a friendly guy, and a riot to talk to. The first time I was in there, he stopped mid conversation with me and said to the guy who'd just walked in "Who did you vote for?" The guy seemed uncomfortable and said something like "That was a personal decision," and Mike said "Ha, I knew it, you voted for Obama!" It was hilarious, but even still, he got the guy the ammo he was looking for and sent him on his way. I'd go in there just to talk to him if I could. [laugh]

I'm pretty sure it was Montana.

Hmmm, you may well be right. I just saw Wyoming in the thread and figured that's what it was, I didn't think I might be wrong until you corrected me. [wink] He went on and on about how he was visiting with his wife, and people were open carrying on the sidewalk while drinking beers, dogs were laying in the street and cars had to drive around them, and how he knew he wanted to go there.

Last edited:
looks like his website is off line. i called him on wednesday, left a message, still no callback. wondering if he is still in business.

I went to visit Mike a few weeks ago and pick-up some ammo. He said he was doing well and the shop was stock with more firearms than usual.

I just picked up a MKIII 22/45 there last week. I had to wait around for quite a while b/c of a 3-gun transfer, but Mike was great to deal with and the crowd (yes, there was a crowd!) was a cool bunch. Certainly not a high-tech shop, but I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Bought a shotgun there today. Hours vary but Saturdays are usually a good time stop by.

Dont wait for the website to be up as you may be waiting a while. Best to stop in and see Mike in person. Not much inventory but he can get what you need or want pretty quick.

Sounds like he is too busy doing business to bother with a web site.

Don't bother trying to check his website for any info other than contact information. He hasn't updated it in years. Mike is great guy and a 1 man show. Red Leg, don't get offended if he doesn't call you back. Keep trying to call and also don't get offended if he is a little standoff-ish on the phone. He is usually super busy and doesn't have time to chit-chat. Expect a 2min conversation or less. Best thing is to find out when he is there (his hours change) and stop by. He'll take care of you. All my purchases and transfers in the past 3 years have been through Mike.

I ordered a shotgun from Mike last Saturday. I was a little disappointed when he told me that he would'nt be able to get the gun from his distributor for 2 weeks even though he was going down to pick up some orders on Monday. I was willing to wait 9-10 days to get my gun. I live nearby so I go by there often.

Mike called my cell early on Monday to say my gun was ready for pick up. I had to wait less than 48 hours for my gun to arrive. Thanks to Mike and his efforts!! The hours dont always jive with the sign, he may not return your call and websits is out of date - but it's the first place I go for a new gun!

It's a FTF kind of place, as opposed to over the phone or web. Go in, slow down, sit down and spend some time. Mike will sell you something you didnt even know you needed.....[grin]

Quoted me the wrong price and showed up 20 mins late. Needless to say I didn't buy anything. Other than that Mike was a nice enough guy.

Quoted me the wrong price and showed up 20 mins late.

I had a similiar experiance last time i bought a gun from him. I called in the AM to make sure he would be there, he said he would be there at my estimated arrival time and asked me to bring him a ice coffee. I showed up at the exact time with his coffee, with him walking out of his shop locking his door. he said he was going for lunch and would be back in 1 hour. He didnt really want the ice coffee either i had to hand it to him to get rid of it. didnt offer to pay for the coffee.

i came back, picked up what i wanted and left. havent been back since. Mikes a nice guy when you get inside the shop, but the long drive plus being forced to wait a hour is enough to say i most likely wont be going back.

Dench- that sounds really annoying. He's a great guy to do business with but there are some peculiar things you have to get used to... or not.

unreliable, moves like frozen pond water, doesn't return e-mail or phone calls, talks you to death, mis-quotes prices...

i used his services two out of three times i went there. both times we spoke about a particular gun. i went away for a school, came back and called him to see when i could stop bye to place a deposit... he started blabing and moaning... he actually had the audacity to tell me to use gun broker! i coulda did that at any point! come to find out, he had a similar gun on his wall he was trying to push on me...

then there was the ammo quote. [rolleyes] he quoted me $350 for a case of .223, wich i figured was "not bad" in the post-O-mania days... same thing... i go there, he starts complaining about the price of oil in china, bla bla bla $450. [shocked]

he's a DB in a good day. the only good thing about him is he's right across from GOAL

he's right up there with the gun room...

unreliable, moves like frozen pond water, doesn't return e-mail or phone calls, talks you to death, mis-quotes prices...

i used his services two out of three times i went there. both times we spoke about a particular gun. i went away for a school, came back and called him to see when i could stop bye to place a deposit... he started blabing and moaning... he actually had the audacity to tell me to use gun broker! i coulda did that at any point! come to find out, he had a similar gun on his wall he was trying to push on me...

then there was the ammo quote. [rolleyes] he quoted me $350 for a case of .223, wich i figured was "not bad" in the post-O-mania days... same thing... i go there, he starts complaining about the price of oil in china, bla bla bla $450. [shocked]

he's a DB in a good day. the only good thing about him is he's right across from GOAL

he's right up there with the gun room...

PLEASE DON'T put Mike in the same class as The gun room.
Mike is like the " soup natzi" worth the wait. He served his country for years he is a good guy! talks to you not "down to you" like the gun room.
I aggree his hours suck!

PLEASE DON'T put Mike in the same class as The gun room.
Mike is like the " soup natzi" worth the wait. He served his country for years he is a good guy! talks to you not "down to you" like the gun room.
I aggree his hours suck!

oh wait.. i do that too. [rolleyes]

I have used Mike's services many times for myriad things (transfers, purchases, etc) and he has always been great in person and hasn't misquoted a price for me yet. The only time I had a prolkbem, he said he would be in the shop once time and when I got there he wasn't there. I called him and he said he would be there in half an hour. BAsed on my previous experiences, I was willing to wait, and everything worked out fine.

Sometimes it about not jumping the gun and lighting up your Newport before starting to build a business relationship =.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom