To All Riverside GC members

Chris,

Real good installation and maintenance of smoke eaters can make a world of difference in a smoke-filled room.

I'm allergic to cigarette and cigar smoke, but when we have the two smoke eaters running full bore at Braintree R&P, I can tolerate being in the room. Of course my clothes stink to high heaven afterwards, but into the wash they go and it's all tolerable.

So,

After the meeting should all us NES'ers head downstairs to light up some stoggies and down a few Sam Adams?

Before heading over to the indoor range?

I'm kidding folks! See y'all there; you'll see Ross and I doing the Mutt and Jeff routine (I'm the 6'2" one, I can't remember if that makes me Mutt or Jeff?)

-= chuck

PS
The bar is still cash positive, the previous data was for a very small sample.

Real good installation and maintenance of smoke eaters can make a world of difference in a smoke-filled room.

We actually have three in the room and they are cleaned quite often. The problem is that the room is pretty much a sealed environment. It is a partial sub grade room with no windows or direct fresh air ventilation. I still find the place akin to strapping an ashtray to my face.

And while having clothes that smell like campfire don't bother me much, clothes that smell of old tobacco just churns my stomach.

I have two issues with the bar:

1 - I cannot get my wife to come shoot with me - even ARCHERY - as we have to check in in the bar! She's so sensitive to cigarette smoke that

2 - I have to friggin' SHOWER when I get home or my wife can't get close to me. (no obnoxious comments, boys - this is a sore point with me)

And Chris - it doesn't matter how often the smokeeters are cleaned if the bartenders DON'T F***ING TURN THEM ON!!!!! So many times I come in there to shoot or attend the meeting and they're not running. I make a pain of myself and request them to turn them on. Now. While I'm standing here.

Back
Top Bottom