Trail camera thread. Post ur trail camera photos.

Playing with the video on my cams

[video=youtube_share;ymTe81a-dN0]http://youtu.be/ymTe81a-dN0[/video]

[video=youtube_share;7H6C5UyVc-U]http://youtu.be/7H6C5UyVc-U[/video]

Looking for some advice on cameras.
I put up a feed station in a buddies yard when we found dear tracks cutting across one day. They started to hang around go figure.
He went and bought a Wild Game Innovations model# W7CD
He set it about 40 feet away from the feed ( I told him to put it closer) He is getting some nice shots but on video nothing.
Has anyone had this problem. During daylight no problem picks up everything at night not so much.
I think its to far from the feed. There are no other threes in the area I want to move the feed closer to the camera and the edge of the woods.

Do any of you guys have this camera ? What has been your experience with it? Good or bad. Thanks

I have one. Picked it up at KTP during their September-fest sale for cheap money. I have not been impressed.

I've switched over to Moultrie 990i's which are arguably more money but have yet to exhibit any issues.

Fitz

big body 8

IMG_0004.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

All I've got is video, so no pics. But, I do have a doe on camera recently, followed by a 10-pointer, then a 4-pointer, then a spike. They're trailing her separated by 15 minute intervals. At night. So movement is on, but the timing sucks. I've only captured the big boy at night this season, so he's in Dracula mode.

Quail.jpg

Not a trailcam pic but thought I would post this shot of quail in a defensive pose. They back themselves up so they are tail to tail and cover the collective 360 degrees. Not the best shot but thought it was cool.

028.jpg 030.jpg 024.jpg 032.jpg 031.jpg

The clock on the cam is off. Here's a couple out of several bucks that visit me regularly in Kentucky. I'll be back for muzzle loader season to stock the freezer.

If you ever need someone to carry your pack and chair count me in. Those look good. I'm sure their necks are nice and fat by now

View attachment 84741

Not a trailcam pic but thought I would post this shot of quail in a defensive pose. They back themselves up so they are tail to tail and cover the collective 360 degrees. Not the best shot but thought it was cool.

Took me a minute to figure out what was going on here!! for a second i thought it was 1 bird! thats cool, Ive never seen that before.

If you ever need someone to carry your pack and chair count me in. Those look good. I'm sure their necks are nice and fat by now

Haha,[smile] yes I'm sure they're well into the rut by now. These and several others(bucks and doe)in the area are well fed on shell corn, mineral blocks, apples, acorns, red and white clover, soybeans, sumac, blackberries, hickory nuts and other grasses. I'm curious as to the taste of the meat and hope to find out this season.

Haha,[smile] yes I'm sure they're well into the rut by now. These and several others(bucks and doe)in the area are well fed on shell corn, mineral blocks, apples, acorns, red and white clover, soybeans, sumac, blackberries, hickory nuts and other grasses. I'm curious as to the taste of the meat and hope to find out this season.

Just a thought, if you soaked all the feed you are putting out in BBQ sauce, would they taste like that when you cooked them? [smile]

They are still out there - this is a late-night guy, but it sure would be nice for him to bump in to my father-in-law while he's hunting. This cam is ~ 100yds from my house.

PRMS0020.jpg

Opening day I had a stand picked out on a travel/escape route. I got in the tree at 5:30 am and sat till dark. Very quiet and very foggy morning. At around 11 4 or 5 guys unloaded their guns at something moving fast way down the bottom of the ridge. Shortly after I saw three flags about 100 yards out hightailing it straight up over the mountain. Nothing else till dusk when I had two deer come in during the last 10 minutes. It was cloudy so it was darker than normal. I could see one smaller one closer to me and another big body behind some small thick pines. Just glimpses and it was taking its time coming out. Never got a good look to get a comfortable shot off. Got down, pulled the card and saw this.... 9 am Sunday december 1, the day before shotgun opener...

How is that for a kick in the nuts?

- - - Updated - - -

This deer showed up on a sunday the day after I hunted this scrape.

[video=youtube_share;YlwVf3zwiVI]http://youtu.be/YlwVf3zwiVI[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Another video of him. Looks like he broke off the tines on his right side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice videos Rob! I just pulled my card and had the same thing with a nice 7 and 8 pointer moving through within the last two weeks and a couple 4 pointers fighting...and numerous coyotes! Hopefully this week will be good!

Last edited:
and the grand finale!!!

i got the 9 pointer finally last week

:)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386994616303.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386994616303.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 198
Back
Top Bottom