Trump at NRA Convention

It was this that initially attracted me to the Libertarian Party. It's stated support in the 2A. I thought they were real and supported them. Then came the brutal betrayal of the 2016 ticket where a drunk, liberal gun grabbing Republican was placed in the VP slot.

To me, this was the most serious 2A betrayal of any party and as far as I am concerned the end of the Libertarian Party.

And the LP party at the national level is mad as hell at the Mises Caucus who have a take no prisoners approach and there are people asking for soft fluffy inclusive language. They need to get their sh*t together in time for the elections.

The closest person to an actual real live libertarian running right now is Vivek Ramaswamy, running on the republican ticket.

The end of the Libertarian Party has always been that it was run by big-L Libertarians. They get wacky as they focus on being more purely libertarian than each other.
Shame on me then as I actually believed that they were on the cusp of a breakthrough to becoming a legit 3rd party.

And the LP party at the national level is mad as hell at the Mises Caucus who have a take no prisoners approach and there are people asking for soft fluffy inclusive language. They need to get their sh*t together in time for the elections.

The closest person to an actual real live libertarian running right now is Vivek Ramaswamy, running on the republican ticket.
Honestly, I believe the 2016 ticket was a fatal blow.

The end of the Libertarian Party has always been that it was run by big-L Libertarians. They get wacky as they focus on being more purely libertarian than each other.

Since joining the party I can see very clearly the differences between the left libertarian, basically win at all costs, need for fluffy inclusive language and the right libertarian, not one step more. The right libertarian side is winning the day and that's p*ssing off the fluffy soft language people.

I don't know your political positions. However I do know that Neocons, Globalists, RINOS and never Trumpers use the Obama is better on guns than Trump narrative. The Obama versus Trump thingy is on page one of Leftist talking points.

I'm sure you are not in that camp, at least I hope you are not. In any event I would respectfully ask that you and others refrain from using Leftist talking points in some sort of attempt to mask your dislike of Trump.

There must be some better way to make your point instead of using Leftist talking points.

Ok, so name the anti and pro-gun legislation Obama did versus Trump.

It's not talking points, they are facts.

I did notice you didn't refute my point, just used cult talking points.

Don't be a cultist and debate with facts, not feelings and emotionally driven arguments.

I just don't think an anti-2nd politician should be invited to a pro-gun convention, it is hypocritical.

Honestly, I believe the 2016 ticket was a fatal blow.

I can still remember when they were interviewing Weld on 'assault weapons' and he was like 'yeah those should be banned. What the hell does someone need with something like that?' Then of course in 2020 when Jo Jorgensen came out in favor of CRT without completely understanding it.

I understand the desire to win, but those were 2 sets of candidates that definitely were not it. The last time I voted for the LP was Harry Browne, now he was a real life libertarian. He was even inspirational to my life.

The alternative is DeSantis that ran full speed ahead into signing Red Flag laws and didn't push for Constitutional Carry until he needed it politically. Very few politicians are genuinely pro-2A instead of being 2A opportunists.

The republicans are world class leaders in 2A lip service. Oh we'll fix this law or that law and once elected they do nothing. It's not brought up in committee or even voted on. Then when the next election comes around they hope that all of us forget their shortcomings while they whisper all new 2A lip service.

Hopefully people learned their lesson with the red flag laws. 17 republicans tossed civil rights under the bus in exchange for repealing an Obama era drug price control, part of Obamacare at the behest of big pharma companies. That's what republicans think.

Don't be a cultist and debate with facts, not feelings and emotionally driven arguments.

I just don't think an anti-2nd politician should be invited to a pro-gun convention, it is hypocritical.

You can't ignore the reality of the power of the House and the Senate. It's actually where the power really exists. I have long said if I could be assured that Republicans would always control the Senate and the House if I accepted that the Democrats would always control the WH I would accept that deal.

And BTW, is Obama better on guns than Trump a Neocon, Globalists, RINOS and never Trumpers talking point, yes or no?

You can't ignore the reality of the power of the House and the Senate. It's actually where the power really exists. I have long said if I could be assured that Republicans would always control the Senate and the House if I accepted that the Democrats would always control the WH I would accept that deal.

Here's my 2 cents. The political system is corrupted by money that it wouldn't make a difference at this point if we had 535 democrats or 535 republicans controlling congress. The money flows where the power is and either party is just as likely to bend the knee to big money donors. I don't think there's any hope of a civil society with either party. Both act like kids trying to pick the wings off of flies.

But it will be interesting in 24 because democrats are defending senate seats as opposed to republicans and now republicans are doing ballot harvesting. The whole system is just corrupt garbage now.

Here's my 2 cents. The political system is corrupted by money that it wouldn't make a difference at this point if we had 535 democrats or 535 republicans controlling congress. The money flows where the power is and either party is just as likely to bend the knee to big money donors. I don't think there's any hope of a civil society with either party. Both act like kids trying to pick the wings off of flies.

But it will be interesting in 24 because democrats are defending senate seats as opposed to republicans and now republicans are doing ballot harvesting. The whole system is just corrupt garbage now.
You will never see me say we are not in a cluster you know what.....I have said is it possible to dig our way out of it now.

I will never understand support for Trump. Besides being a shitty steward of the the 2nd amendment he spent recklessly and locked the country down.

Did DeSantis hurt himself with yesterdays flip flop on Ukraine?
They all flip flop lol

I also understand DeSantis wasn't perfect on 2a.

The reason I think hell be a good choice is mainly.....he's polular......and he's from Florida. Gop needs Florida to take the white house.

They all flip flop lol

I also understand DeSantis wasn't perfect on 2a.

The reason I think hell be a good choice is mainly.....he's polular......and he's from Florida. Gop needs Florida to take the white house.
So, I still believe that at the end of the day neither Trump or DeSantis runs. The Swamp has picked Haley while Trump was in office and its why they pulled her out of the UN job.

DeSantis hasn't been pushed much yet so as he becomes more in the cross-hairs lets see how he stands up.

So, I still believe that at the end of the day neither Trump or DeSantis runs. The Swamp has picked Haley while Trump was in office and its why they pulled her out of the UN job.

DeSantis hasn't been pushed much yet so as he becomes more in the cross-hairs lets see how he stands up.
Trump has announced he is running no?

And BTW, is Obama better on guns than Trump a Neocon, Globalists, RINOS and never Trumpers talking point, yes or no?

Not sure I get the question, is Trump better on guns than who?

I think I get it.. It's not a talking point, they are facts relevant to this discussion.

Yes, Obama was better on not passing anti-gun laws than Trump.

Doesn't mean I would vote for Obama, just facts.

Trump compromised, never compromise with the enemy no matter how trivial the issue may seem. the dems do not compromise and look where it got them politically...

Last edited:
Politics is by its very nature about compromise — within your party and with your opponents. Some things you can’t find common ground on. Compromising on gun control just means giving the gun control folks something that they can’t take now, so it is just giving up ground.

But in terms of generally governing, yes, compromise is needed.

He added nearly 7 trillion to the debt putting him solidly in the top 10 worst presidents ever. All while pretending to be conservative. He was President and he locked the country down, end of story. He was so bad he lost to Biden ffs.
Hillary was so bad she lost to Trump, lol.

And supercars are for wannabe racecar drivers with small peepees so we should ban those too.
Here we go. Nowhere in his statement did he say he actually agreed with banning bump stocks. He gave an opinion that bump stocks are basically for retards......which I also agree with but don't agree with banning them.

Politics is by its very nature about compromise — within your party and with your opponents. Some things you can’t find common ground on. Compromising on gun control just means giving the gun control folks something that they can’t take now, so it is just giving up ground.

But in terms of generally governing, yes, compromise is needed.
Democrats don't compromise with republicans. but republicans compromise with democrats.

Democrats have turned this country on it's head.

Chinese graduate 7 year old doctors, we graduate 7 year olds that don't know whether they are a boy or a girl

Lesson: be more like a democrat, do not compromise on your beliefs.

in the past, both parties compromised with each other regularly. A lot of political decisions and deals got done over whiskey and cigars while playing cards after hours in the offices and homes of leaders of both parties. You have to decide what hills you are willing to die on.

He added nearly 7 trillion to the debt putting him solidly in the top 10 worst presidents ever. All while pretending to be conservative. He was President and he locked the country down, end of story. He was so bad he lost to Biden ffs.
Ignoring context of course but go on.....

Back
Top Bottom