Ultimate SHTF rifle???

If SHTF, I’m going deep up north into the mountains. I doubt I’ll be grabbing mags off dead bodies. I’d likely be one of the dead bodies.

View attachment 729313
those larue quick mounts - did you do a factual check, for how much zero moves when you take it off/put it back on - the whole scope with that mount?

my shtf kit is a lawn chair, bottle of whisky and a box of cigars
denzel washington GIF

What kind of SHTF scenario are you envisioning with this setup? It seems like if you'll have to take your Chevy S-10 with 200 lbs of hardtack and freeze dried venison to the middle of nowhere with the bed full of CR123s and set up shop.
2x SUREFIRE 123a rechargeables run it for 2-3 hours, but you can use any battery pack you use to charge your phone to run it indefinitely with a USB-C . Your idea sounds pretty sweet tho

Here is what I would do: Not buy a night vision optic that sits 3 feet higher than my face when my cheek is on the stock.

If I were to spend that kind of money on a night vision optic it would be attached to my head not my rifle.

A follow up to this:

I have a plan for after Antifa breeds with the Mad Max mutants and they begin to raid the outer lands. If I'm feeling perky I'll simply drop trees across my dead end road once they enter then go after them with the Stihl 660. No need to waste ammo plus it will make great YouTube video. I sharpen my own chains but I think this is a job for a dull chain. I have my own well, so plenty of water to hose myself down after a day of fun.

If I'm feeling a little lazy, I'll just sit on the front porch with my 10/22 and zap them in the nads a la IDF style. So I guess my answer to OP's question is 10/22 Ruger. This also will make great YouTube video.

1027358753.jpg

Everyone faps to their SHTF defensive strategies. F defense. Why miss out on all the fun?

(Above comments for entertainment purposes only, blah blah blah...)

Also OP must be new here to not think this one would go off the rails. I'm here to help. [laugh]

those larue quick mounts - did you do a factual check, for how much zero moves when you take it off/put it back on - the whole scope with that mount?

Yes. Minimal loss of zero. They’re QD throw levers are precise. I’m very used to moving optics around and re-zeroing given I just had about 15 uppers pinned/welded to 16+” OAL in the last two months. I prefer Larue mounts.

Back
Top Bottom