• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Update. Framingham licensing

'limits on lifetime purchases' sounds fresh. "only in MA" (c)
It's all BS, just pablum to Maura's followers. Maura knows the "guidance" is illegal and would never fly. Even thou she would have no problem spending the Ma. budget surplus on lawyers to defend new firearm laws she knows the Courts would eventually slap her down along with NY/NJ/CA. I believe Maura plays the long game.

It's all BS, just pablum to Maura's followers. Maura knows the "guidance" is illegal and would never fly. Even thou she would have no problem spending the Ma. budget surplus on lawyers to defend new firearm laws she knows the Courts would eventually slap her down along with NY/NJ/CA. I believe Maura plays the long game.
looks like, according to the fram very cordial gestapo enforcer - it does do fly very much. like not getting your ltc much.

well, heck with it, i guess we will see in 2-3 months.

'purchase limit' just stinks USSR so much - as you were never just able to go and 'buy' anything there. you would need ether a coupon, or a license - like, you could not just walk in and buy a car. you would need to apply either for a lottery or other way to gain permission. funny thing how it all works...

This is an excerpt from the incoming attorney general's web page "Strengthening and Enforcing Gun Laws":

Bolster gun safety training requirements:
  • Work with state police on an enhanced gun safety curriculum for new gun owners, focusing on safe handling, safe storage, and the risks of unsecured guns.
  • Advocate to the Massachusetts Legislature to require regular range certification, safety, training and a written safety test as a prerequisite for obtaining a gun license.
I have no idea what the incoming governor may have up her sleeve but it's probably not going to be pretty.
The legislature has a number of gun control laws in the pipeline as well.

One of the incoming attorney general's more bizarre proposals is this:
  • Address disparities in legal gun ownership that all too often criminalize individuals in communities of color and create a program to expunge the records of those who demonstrate responsible behavior after a charge of illegal possession.
This absolutely flies in the face of our "one strike and you're out"policy when it comes to being classified as a "prohibited person".
It sounds like if you're a white guy at Harvard Sportsmens Club who gets caught with a 30-round post-ban magazine its game over but a black teenager scootering around Dorchester with a Taurus G3C in his hoodie pocket is going to get a second chance.

I have no doubt that the 2023 MA government will be more anti-gun than ever before, but still, most of what is on that page amounts to a campaign wish-list targeted at the hardcore democrat voter base. Most of it won't translate into actual law. But they will do what they can to annoy us.

looks like, according to the fram very cordial gestapo enforcer - it does do fly very much. like not getting your ltc much.

well, heck with it, i guess we will see in 2-3 months.

'purchase limit' just stinks USSR so much - as you were never just able to go and 'buy' anything there. you would need ether a coupon, or a license - like, you could not just walk in and buy a car. you would need to apply either for a lottery or other way to gain permission. funny thing how it all works...
Like I said I'd like to know where the LT's "guidance" came from?
So in February are they all of a sudden going to grant the resident/citizen an "interview"?

Like I said I'd like to know where the LT's "guidance" came from?
So in February are they all of a sudden going to grant the resident/citizen an "interview"?
ain`t we all... i mean, would like to know.
but it is a surprise, baby. :)

This is an excerpt from the incoming attorney general's web page "Strengthening and Enforcing Gun Laws":

Bolster gun safety training requirements:
  • Work with state police on an enhanced gun safety curriculum for new gun owners, focusing on safe handling, safe storage, and the risks of unsecured guns.
  • Advocate to the Massachusetts Legislature to require regular range certification, safety, training and a written safety test as a prerequisite for obtaining a gun license.
I have no idea what the incoming governor may have up her sleeve but it's probably not going to be pretty.
The legislature has a number of gun control laws in the pipeline as well.

One of the incoming attorney general's more bizarre proposals is this:
  • Address disparities in legal gun ownership that all too often criminalize individuals in communities of color and create a program to expunge the records of those who demonstrate responsible behavior after a charge of illegal possession.
This absolutely flies in the face of our "one strike and you're out"policy when it comes to being classified as a "prohibited person".
It sounds like if you're a white guy at Harvard Sportsmens Club who gets caught with a 30-round post-ban magazine its game over but a black teenager scootering around Dorchester with a Taurus G3C in his hoodie pocket is going to get a second chance.
You missed this threat to RKBA and privacy:

• Facilitate sharing of information about gun hoarding with local authorities with jurisdiction and power to see how and where such guns are stored.

Has she announced the day/time of her next press conference banning more guns?

Very true!

OP's friend needs to notify Comm2A. This is ripe for a quick lawsuit to set Framingham PD straight.

Also, new laws don't just happen a month after a new legislature is sworn in. There is a process and it takes a lot longer than a month. Committees need to be appointed, etc. and it all takes time. I have no doubts that these two clowns will pull some shenanigans and you poor folks behind the wall will end up screwed. Perhaps 5-10 yrs later, the USSC might deign to decide in citizen's favor, but the damage will be done. Escape while you can is the only way to deal with this type of BS.
The bullshit laws were written months ago. They are just waiting for tall Devol to leave

So my buddy went in today and directly talked to Lt. Mcarthy. He was told, it’s not that he’s too busy, it’s that the governor and new attorney general have new laws coming out in February and they are not taking ANY NEW applications/issuing any new licenses. They are doing re-newels though.
He did say the Lt was very professional and explained why very cordially.
Wonder what’s brewing?
I'm in Framingham too. If your friend contacts @Comm2A I will happily chip in for the lawsuit. Chief needs to be slapped down hard by the courts if he's really refusing to accept applications.

Edit: might want to reach out to Firearms Policy Coalition too. They love suing.

So my buddy went in today and directly talked to Lt. Mcarthy. He was told, it’s not that he’s too busy, it’s that the governor and new attorney general have new laws coming out in February and they are not taking ANY NEW applications/issuing any new licenses. They are doing re-newels though.
He did say the Lt was very professional and explained why very cordially.
Wonder what’s brewing?
I have in the past had to set my LO in my town straight regarding what the law ACTUALLY states. They work for you, not the Governor or AG.
Your buddy should have CORDIALLY reminded the officer what the law currently states, and that it his job to take your buddies info and schedule that appointment.

I'm in Framingham too. If your friend contacts @Comm2A I will happily chip in for the lawsuit. Chief needs to be slapped down hard by the courts if he's really refusing to accept applications.

Edit: might want to reach out to Firearms Policy Coalition too. They love suing.
He’s pretty bummed. And a younger guy just getting started. Not wealthy. I don’t have any connections at comm2a but I gave him thier email. He is going to write a letter explaining the situation and see what happens.
Sad state we live in.

Well, if the LT is using it as an excuse, he's either lying or Framingham's Legal Dept. is issuing the guidance which means they can deny him an interview forever.
They are denying a citizen their civil rights, so I'd go to Plan B which would be COMM 2A and hire a lawyer to question Framingham's legal Dept. on the LT's excuse.
TOTALLY ILLEGAL, just like denying applicants an interview during COVID.

This needs repeating.

Engage COMM2A and force them** to do their job.

** Them = FPD

Last edited:
What is needed is an LTC facilitator working in each town. The facilitator would be someone who knows the Licensing officer well. There would be a fee schedule for this service. The faster you want your LTC the more it would cost. Most of the fee would go to the LO. The remainder is a commission for the facilitator. Officially the facilitator would just be helping applicants fill out the VERY complex forms etc. There would be no stated advantage to this other than guiding people through the "complicated" process. Of course facilitators would need a license to do this but having good connections would assure them of getting the license. I think they already have these in other totalitarian / corrupt countries. Soon it will be the norm here.

It's about strength in numbers leading to who carries the big stick. I "believe" MA has the lowest rate of gun ownership of all 50 states. It's a pretty paltry number as I recall. So, the powers don't fear us nor worry about our political leverage.

I wonder how the Founders would've reacted to this...
They already did that in the late 1700s!
He’s pretty bummed. And a younger guy just getting started. Not wealthy. I don’t have any connections at comm2a but I gave him thier email. He is going to write a letter explaining the situation and see what happens.
Sad state we live in.
You don't need "connections" with Comm2A and an Email would be a lot faster to action than a letter. There is no office staff and no office for Comm2A, all 3 are volunteers with real jobs.
What is needed is an LTC facilitator working in each town. The facilitator would be someone who knows the Licensing officer well. There would be a fee schedule for this service. The faster you want your LTC the more it would cost. Most of the fee would go to the LO. The remainder is a commission for the facilitator. Officially the facilitator would just be helping applicants fill out the VERY complex forms etc. There would be no stated advantage to this other than guiding people through the "complicated" process. Of course facilitators would need a license to do this but having good connections would assure them of getting the license. I think they already have these in other totalitarian / corrupt countries. Soon it will be the norm here.
What you propose wouldn't be legal in MA and really isn't necessary. The form isn't complicated unless one has a record and then only an attorney can really help stage the application. For the rest of us, just follow the instructions and don't volunteer anything not asked for. If the PD isn't receptive, there is a process and that is contacting the chief, then selectmen/mayor if no response, further the state rep or state sen if still no response. One of these almost always get the PD working again. Being polite always helps, but sitting back defeated won't get any results.

My god this smells.

It’s legal TODAY you dumb bastard. WTF knows what tomorrow will be?
While I get the COMM2A thing I gotta ask what is holding the individual we are discussing to stay in such a shitty town?

I hate that damn state.

Me too and I'm NOT in Framingham.

Back
Top Bottom