• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Walmart and Ammo

Ok, so I'm seeing all these posts about how there's no Walmart. I know that I've been traveling a lot, so I haven't had the time to read the forum that much. So, if I missed anything please forgive me.

I was in Walmart the other day while I was at home. As always, I went over and checked to see what they had in stock. The case was loaded, but they had a sign on the case that said that they can't sell Ammo. I just figured that they were changing managers, but now I wondered if it was something more. Is there something going on with Walmart that they can't sell ammo in MA?

I bought some ammo at the walmart that is east of Worcester on Rt 9 about a week or two ago... I asked him "Are you guys selling ammo? I heard that some walmarts are not selling right now" he looked at me like I asked him if he had a 3rd nipple

The Walmart in Ware was selling ammo the last time I was there (a few months?).

From analyzing the reports of "temporary" "No Ammo Sales" in various stores I would say that being a Walmart manager is NOT conducive to long-term job security.

All the Walmarts in the Worcester area that I have been to have Ammo and are selling it. Worcester, W. Boylston, Northborough to name a few

Is there something going on with Walmart that they can't sell ammo in MA?
It's a store-by-store issue. In MA, the license to sell ammo is tied to an individual, usually a manager. When that manager leaves / quits / dies, there is a delay in getting a new person permitted. In some red towns, the delay could be a LONG time. I think Raynham has been without a permit since the beginning of the year.

The stores that cannot sell ammo seem to be the best stocked of any [laugh]

I think if you look at some old posts there are a couple of stores that did not put in for thier renewal on the license so they have to wait for thier license to start selling again.

From analyzing the reports of "temporary" "No Ammo Sales" in various stores I would say that being a Walmart manager is NOT conducive to long-term job security.

I think it may be more of a case where the managers get shuffled around from store to store. Kind of sucks but at least they still have a job.

The Walmart in Raynham and the Walmart in North Attleboro had signs up stating no ammo sales. I spoke to a guy in the Raynham store, he said it was a licensing issue, he said they were expecting the license from the PD that day, but it didn't happen. The guy also said they have ammo piling up because they can't sell it and it keeps coming in.

They should have a great sale coming up!

The Walmart in Raynham and the Walmart in North Attleboro had signs up stating no ammo sales. I spoke to a guy in the Raynham store, he said it was a licensing issue, he said they were expecting the license from the PD that day, but it didn't happen. The guy also said they have ammo piling up because they can't sell it and it keeps coming in.

good to know. maybe they'll have some discounted 9mm once they're back to selling it.

Ok, so I'm seeing all these posts about how there's no Walmart. I know that I've been traveling a lot, so I haven't had the time to read the forum that much. So, if I missed anything please forgive me.

I was in Walmart the other day while I was at home. As always, I went over and checked to see what they had in stock. The case was loaded, but they had a sign on the case that said that they can't sell Ammo. I just figured that they were changing managers, but now I wondered if it was something more. Is there something going on with Walmart that they can't sell ammo in MA?

I'm surprised you don't know this, but every Walmart the FFL/State lic is linked to whoever the sporting goods manager is. So whenever that person leaves the store (quits, whatever) the license to sell is then invalid and they can't sell a damned thing. This is common all over MA.

-Mike

The Worcester Wal*Mart (the new one off rt146 near Auburn) had no ammo in their ammo case today. Everything was replaced with knives and such, even the ammo price tags on the fronts of the shelves were gone. "Samer" the clerk at the nearby register said it was a temporary thing and he expected they'd be back in the ammo business next week.

Whitinsville still must have their license. I bought their last four boxes of (50 apiece) Federal 9mm at 1:30 today.

Raynham will not be selling ammo until August when I spoke to them earlier this week

I'm surprised you don't know this, but every Walmart the FFL/State lic is linked to whoever the sporting goods manager is. So whenever that person leaves the store (quits, whatever) the license to sell is then invalid and they can't sell a damned thing. This is common all over MA.

-Mike

That's why I said in my post that I figured that they were changing managers. It was when I saw several posts that it might have been something different.

Sent from me to space bouncing across three continents back to space then down to NES using Tapatalk

The Walmart in Ware was selling ammo the last time I was there (a few months?).

this, who the hell wants to work as a manager of walmart the hours are horrible and so are the responsibilities...........plus its ****ing wallmart

Raynham will not be selling ammo until August when I spoke to them earlier this week

I heard the same thing, and the Dartmouth store always has an empty shelf. This is what inspired me to do a little digging online. 4 days later, I was well stocked for less than I would have paid at Wal-Mart.

Was in Hudson Walmart this morning. Case was empty with a sign saying sorry no ammo sales. I asked the person that was working in the area what was up and was told that there is a policy in Walmart that if they don't have a permanent manager in the store that they cannot sell ammo.

gave up on Walmart and now have zero reasons to ever go there.....a man in a brown truck will bring me 2000 rounds of 9mm next week....that should satisfy me for a little while [smile]

i just cross the boarder to NH, I went to walmart yesterday in NH and picked up 5 boxes of federal 9mm, I also wanted the bulk federal 22 pack and have been checking in the last few weeks without success, the clerk told me they have orders in for them but the warehouse is out

I stopped in to State Line gun shop in Plaistow, and picked up a few boxes of assorted .223/5.56mm. Inquired about their 9mm, of which they had no PD ammo in-stock, and the only target/practice ammo was Blazer at $14.99/50. I politely declined, and went a mile down the street to Wal*Mart, and bought four boxes of Federal for $19.97/100.

I've now got over 1500 rounds of 9mm "stocked" here at the house as a hedge against inflation and shortages.

I had gone to the Wal-Mart in fairhaven in the fall and they had a sign up, according to the employee, the store has to get a permit to sell ammo from the town, and the permit had expired so they had to renew it. So this could be a reason aswell unless the guy was blowing smoke up my ***

Back
Top Bottom