Walmart and Ammo

Anybody else hear of this BS 6/box per buyer maximum? I just got back from the Danvers MA Walmart, and I wanted to clean out all the 9mm they had, but the guy refused to sell more than 6 boxes. He said it was Walmart policy. First time I heard about this. Anybody else hear about this BS?

the Danvers walmart is worthless. I was in Derry NH this past weekend and stopped by the Walmart. Got 20+ boxes of ammo

I've been to the Danvers one and Salem tonight. Both had a pretty good selection of ammo. Danvers had more rifle/shotgun ammo whereas Salem had more handgun ammo. Did I just use the word whereas... first time for everything. [laugh]

i think that guy was never updated on policy, the walmarts I buy at have said there is no limit but at one time they did restrict the amount of boxes you could buy

Even if they do have something in stock, it's not really much. I can just map out my Saturday and hit up a few gun shops and walmarts up in NH, and come home a happy man. No sense in dealing with these MA Walmarts.

Over here on the western side of the state I usually hit Westfield Walmart. If I'm down in CT I'll try to hit East Windsor. Both places are usually well stocked although I've seen what each place looks like with limited stock. Springfield and Chicopee walmarts do not carry ammo at all.

Just spoke with sporting goods @ fairhaven, ma wal-mart and he said they are selling ammo and acted like I was crazy when I said I heard you guys weren't...so we are good to go there anyways

Just walked out of Hudson WM with 200 round of Tula 762x39 at $4.97/box of 20. They had everything else you could want, in quantity. The guy at the counter didn't even blink at my MA DL and LTC-A. He also told me they'll soon be selling rifles, a soon as the paperwork is put through.

They had federal 9mm at around $12, .40 at $18, , .45 around $20, .357, CCI minima's at $6/100, all pretty reasonable IMO, and of course NO VIG!

Just walked out of Hudson WM with 200 round of Tula 762x39 at $4.97/box of 20. They had everything else you could want, in quantity.
I was there yesterday and asked the guy if there was a limit to how many boxes I could buy. He said all I want. I know some members here have been to Wal-Marts that place a limit on ammo.

Walmart in Raynham is selling ammo again, I was there today. The person at the counter said they have plenty stocked up.

Pricing,
9mm Federal, 115 grain FMJ, box of 100 = $19.97
.357mag Remington125 grain JKTD HP box of 100 = $49.79
.44mag Remington 180 grain box of 50 = $34.97, (I bought the only box in the cabinet) I have purchased .44 Blazer cheaper @ Flint for $32.00 a box of 50..

They also had 9mm Remington box of 250 = $59.97

Walmart in Raynham is selling ammo again, I was there today. The person at the counter said they have plenty stocked up.

Pricing,
.357mag Remington125 grain JKTD HP box of 100 = $49.79
.44mag Remington 180 grain box of 50 = $34.97, (I bought the only box in the cabinet) I have purchased .44 Blazer cheaper @ Flint for $32.00 a box of 50..

They also had 9mm Remington box of 250 = $59.97

What's the over under on how many hours until NES people swarm there and buy them out of the 9mm

I told the girl at the counter I would post that they are selling ammo again, she and another associate were worried there would be a crowd coming to the store! [laugh]

Pricing,

Wow, that's great pricing. I've tried 3 WMs up here in New Hampshire and that ammo is $23.97. I wonder why it's so much cheaper in Mass?

Wow, that's great pricing. I've tried 3 WMs up here in New Hampshire and that ammo is $23.97. I wonder why it's so much cheaper in Mass?

not sure, but they stopped selling ammo a couple of months due to some licensing issue, I was told even though they could not sell any, they were still receiving deliveries, now that the license thing is cleared up I hear they have lots of it in storage ready to sell..it may be why they are keeping the price low..

I was at Raynham about 9:15 and they were still very well stocked.

I was at the North Attleboro store last week and asked if they could tell me which stores had the Federal 223 bulk packs in stock. the Raynham store came up listing 170 of them! The store manager and I thought someone just fat fingered the computer entry but maybe not.....

Just back from Raynham. There is a reasonable amount of ammo in the cases but there are already some holes in the popular stuff. Picked up five Federal .223 bulk packs, 55 grain, FMJ @ $34.97 /100. Felt bad so I left a couple bulk packs for the next guy. LOL They were not sure if they have any back stock left on .223.

Also picked up five Federal, 9mm, 115 grain, FMJ, RN Value packs @ $19.97 /100. Again I felt bad so I left one value pack behind for someone else. 22LR Federal, 550 rounds, 36 grain, HP, is going for $19.97 . I left a couple of them behind too...

Got my ammo fix. I should be good for the next month now, maybe. [smile]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom