Well, post some military pics.

Some pics from Vietnam. I was in the 45th Medical Company Air Ambulance stationed at Long Binh and Lai Khe, both of which were in the Southern part of South Vietnam aka III Corps area.

Pic #1 My Aircraft
Pic #2 Nui Ba Den in background....caught 2 of our aircraft in weather situations
Pic #3 Home @ Lai Khe in a Michelin rubber plantation
Pic #4 Pick up in the delta
Pic #5 How ROK's (Koreans) treat their dead
Pic #6 B52 bomb craters in the area of Operation Junction City
Pic #7 Supporting the 10ACR (Armored Cav)...safest of all units to support

readytogo.jpg

nuibaden.jpg

laikhehome-1.jpg

deltapickup.jpg

deadrok.jpg

B52potholesjunctioncity.jpg

armor.jpg

Last edited:
The Intel Chief is in the bunny suit. I'm on the left. No one could figure out where he got the suit, either. He either brought it with him from stateside, or he had it mailed to him. Either option is pretty creepy, though, lol.

The Intel Chief is in the bunny suit. I'm on the left. No one could figure out where he got the suit, either. He either brought it with him from stateside, or he had it mailed to him. Either option is pretty creepy, though, lol.

Perhaps he knows Blitz? [shocked] [laugh] [rofl]

Great pics guys and gals - thank you all again for your service. It pisses me off that when you come back you then have to bow before the politician weenies and hope they allow you to carry a gun here. I'm sorry.

It's the little things like this that help get you through a long deployment. It looks like your Intel Chief really cares about you guys to possibly take up space in his bags with a bunny suit instead of something for himself. I remember all of the complaints when the Air Force extended their deployments from 2 months to 3 months, then 3 months to 4 months. We thought that was long, but the Army & Marines typically go for over a year. Anything over 6 months and we (Air Force) get a Short Tour credit.

In the spirit of Easter, this is a pic of me with our battalion Intel chief in Iraq in 2007.

easterbunnyr.jpg

Yes, it's two MKTs (Mobile Kitchen Trailers) linked together. They're feeding about 600 with this set-up. We have 5 field kitchens going right now... We've got CKs (Containerized Kitchens) going at some of the sites... now those are a nice piece of equipment!

My first reaction was "How'd you know where I am?", then I figured it out...

OK, so I didn't figure it out! There were a couple of ways... but that wasn't one of them...

We're having tons of fun here... and I've picked up a few new stories for my "Did you ever hear about...?" book...

... Like 2 Soldiers in the same portajohn and the accidental discharge that got one of them injured? Hmmm...

Here is one........my platoon picture from 1970. The location was LZ Uplift, Binh Dinh Province.

The unit was Company C, 3rd Battalion, 503rd Parachute Infantry, 173rd Airborne Brigade.

I bet you guy's can't pick out which one was me![smile]

Yahoo20Mail4.jpg
[/IMG]

Here is one........my platoon picture from 1970. The location was LZ Uplift, Binh Dinh Province.

The unit was Company C, 3rd Battalion, 503rd Parachute Infantry, 173rd Airborne Brigade.

I bet you guy's can't pick out which one was me![smile]

Yahoo20Mail4.jpg
[/IMG]

Front row on the left end? [smile]

This was me when I arrived in Vietnam in 1970. It is the official picture they take when you get in country, so they have something to identify your body...because nobody knew anybody...we just used used nicknames!

This was my second tour in Vietnam.......notice the ****ing fear in my eyes!

[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

_MG_4131a1.jpg
[/IMG]

Here is another one. I remember it like it was yesterday.....

The guy sitting down was a dumbass 2LT who arrived on the resupply chopper, because it was payday. Notice his new, starched fatigues, and the REMF look on his face!

I am and the guy standing with the M16...(I know, before you give me shit about about having my hand on the muzzle, the weapon was unloaded. You had to unload your weapon before getting in the pay line.)

The short guy standing in front of me was SGT Barnes......he was an outstanding guy......got the Silver Star!

I remember this pic like it was yesterday.....the LT was asking me where I was from....(like he gave a shit, all officers ask that stupid question.)

I told him I was from Michigan.....he said, "Oh Yeah! I am from Grand Rapids, where did you go to High School?"

I told him I was in the W.J. Maxey Boys Training School in Brighton Michigan......end of conversation![rofl][rofl]

3dyrat.jpg
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom