• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Well, post some military pics.

Loading up to go to REFORGER... I think

zilkdL6.jpg
wheres this railhead? looks Baumholder-ey

Did you guys apply any polish (without buffing) just to make the leather more water/rot resistant?
Does it look it?

You may understand guys getting rocketed & shot at on a regular basis developed quirky 'luck'. Well my 'luck' was my boots until my luck ran out during Tet. But I see where your going with this Sir...;)

Does it look it?

You may understand guys getting rocketed & shot at on a regular basis developed quirky 'luck'. Well my 'luck' was my boots until my luck ran out during Tet. But I see where your going with this Sir...;)
Haha, no it doesn’t look it. But I wasn’t sure if you did it like once a month or two or something.

Now look at my ammo box in the picture, all belted tracers 😘 more surprised you didn't comment on that. Love ya pap
Couldn’t see that on my phone, but very nice.

On my gun truck I just ran the regular tracer interval. We did delink and go with 100% tracers for some 4th of July celebrations… until we set a nearby palm grove on fire.

But yeah, you get back to the patrol base/outpost and it’s always weapons maintenance and getting your kit ready for the next patrol/attack. … then you rest, and joke around until you do it all again hours later. I’m glad we were far from the flag pole and I never had to worry about the anger from Sergeants Major with too much time on their hands.

Couldn’t see that on my phone, but very nice.

On my gun truck I just ran the regular tracer interval. We did delink and go with 100% tracers for some 4th of July celebrations… until we set a nearby palm grove on fire.

But yeah, you get back to the patrol base/outpost and it’s always weapons maintenance and getting your kit ready for the next patrol/attack. … then you rest, and joke around until you do it all again hours later. I’m glad we were far from the flag pole and I never had to worry about the anger from Sergeants Major with too much time on their hands.
Of course, we ran regular tracer 4/1 M-60 load out. But all tracers could light up some very flammable hooches in a mission into Iron Triangle 'free fire' zone. Yes it was legal at the time

[cheers] I haven't been in, or under, an aircraft that had its doors open, or off, in over 20 years. I miss it so.
About 20 years for me also. The Huey pilots used to take us for rides a couple times a week down the cape. Doors open in the summer, flying over all the beaches waving to the ladies in bikinis. Good times.

I thought the same answer only instead of a 53 I thought it couldn’t be a 47 as there is not enough hydraulic fluid in the pic. 😂
That joke works for just about every military aircraft. 👍

In a '53 you can see the tail boom and skid from the ramp.

Parachute jump in the Sierras, July 1997; the DZ was at 6700'.

I was the #1 jumper in the second stick and was able to snap a quick photo before we came around for the second pass.

MWTC Jump July 1997.jpg

Ramp jumps from the '53 (and the '46) could suck real bad as the static line cable was rigged to the floor, which put the deployment bags right in your face during exit.

This problem was exacerbated if jumpers didn't walk straight off the ramp, but instead "drifted" to their left in an effort to avoid the flapping deployment bags.

This made the deployment bag situation even worse for the jumper behind them and was compounded as more and more jumpers drifted.

Good times!

Back
Top Bottom