• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Well, post some military pics.

Thanks. Also, the young sailor who gave me the first salute asked “HOW did you get the jump wings?” 😄
My jump school class had around 300 guys, and only like five were Navy, all corpsmen.

Except!

Our class leader was an older navy O-5 who had no idea why he’d been sent there. He was on his way to become a naval attaché overseas after the War College or whatever the navy has, and he told us his orders to Ft Benning took him completely by surprise.

He said he’d never worn a Kevlar and he certainly had no clue how to assemble it. We got him through, though; he was a real nice guy. RIO, if I remember, like Goose.

Switched teams today. Maybe this isn’t so much a military pic.

Every other guy wearing that uniform is squinting at your chest, trying to figure out what those medals mean...

The Combat Action Ribbon is normally a sea service award.

Did that award transfer over from other parts of your service?

He's wearing his unit awards navy-fashion too. It looks so weird to me!

I definitely think the Navy's got the sharpest officer uniforms. Especially the whites, though I'd always be worrying about how to keep them clean.

It was described to me as a surface/ground award. Hence why Marines and corpsmen have earned it during ground combat. And yes, it transfers over from my Combat Infantryman’s Badge, but Combat Medic Badges count too. The transfer can either be from earning one of those combat badges during prior service in the Army or while being in the Navy and attached to an Army unit.

It can also transfer from a Combat Action Badge, but that needs to be reviewed by the CNO to make sure the incident qualifies. But that’s just Navy. The USMC doesn’t allow the CAR to be substituted for the CAB; only the CIB and CMB.
I definitely think the Navy's got the sharpest officer uniforms. Especially the whites, though I'd always be worrying about how to keep them clean.

The trousers lasted two hours before my toddler got something on them. I even went without coffee before the event.

Last edited:
Infantry taught us to improvise in the field, so we did :)

JnUpGkt.jpg

With you is more accurate... :p
FU! He's verboten from my property, after 4 beers dropped a unholstered B-92 on my driveway and nearly blew his junk off, tried to hide it from me, Proceeded to drink me out of house and home then indignantly announced. "this is a dry home, I gotta go!" Probably at an Irish health spa. 😘

FU! He's verboten from my property, after 4 beers dropped a unholstered B-92 on my driveway and nearly blew his junk off, tried to hide it from me, Proceeded to drink me out of house and home then indignantly announced. "this is a dry home, I gotta go!" Probably at an Irish health spa. 😘
lol. Post checks out. Confirmed Cams sighting... ☑️

Back
Top Bottom