What did you do in the reloading room recently?

They say it's plated, yes. It's the 185g Hybrid HP.
I did fire a few more through a piece of particle board, but I didn't recover the bullets as yet.

Thats some impressive expansion!
I wonder what it would do through three layers of clothing into a water filled jug or a large beef or pork roast.?

I wonder what it would do through three layers of clothing into a water filled jug or a large beef or pork roast.?

Bring those items down and we'll run a few. Give me a few more days and I'll have some of these bullets in 9 and 40, too. I'll need some .40 and 10mm Auto brass, if that's your pleasure. My neighbor takes most of my forty, as I don't shoot this caliber (nor a ten either).

The zero 44 mag bullets arrived today. Loaded 10 in hopes I can quickly test them tomorrow after work.

Bring those items down and we'll run a few. Give me a few more days and I'll have some of these bullets in 9 and 40, too. I'll need some .40 and 10mm Auto brass, if that's your pleasure. My neighbor takes most of my forty, as I don't shoot this caliber (nor a ten either).

It'd be a long trip for me, I'm in Kentucky.:D

If you ever do experiment with those items please post the results.

That bullet performance is awsome!

Just put 1k of once fired Wolf Gold brass into the tumbler, corn cob media with a couple of capfuls of NuFinish.

Had my brother inlaw out on the range a couple of months ago and we shot up a case of ammo. Now getting it cleaned and ready for some fall reloading. Will be using WC844 and 55gr FMJ.

Switched the XL650 over to 45 and reloaded 500 rounds. I have a big box of used 45 brass, of course there are some small primers mixed in that really screw up the reloading process. I have to hand sort through a couple thousand 45's and it's tough to do with any speed and not miss any small primers. I have enough 45's for now so I switched over to 9mm to fill an ammo box with those.

45.jpg

Just got up from the bench, sized and reprimed 300 9mm cases. I told myself I was going to wait and use the Dillon but was up early and had a new set of dies for the Lee press so I decided to try them and see how they worked.

Sized and primed 20 more rounds of 7.62x54R. Cleaned 20 more cases of it, plus a bunch of 38spl.
Debating if I have the desire to start sizing three large coffee cans worth of clean 30-06.
I should probably order some projectiles to make my inaugural 8mm Mauser rounds as well since I have the dies now.

61EA3BA6-9358-4314-9461-7ECC1C7DB57E.jpeg Cast a shit load of .451”round balls that with a rich alloy and some extra coats of hi tek will be about .458” for triple round ball loads in the 45/70
Now I need a lee 6 cavity .457 round ball mould to make this easier and make the balls a little larger.
Cast a bunch of 405 grain for the 45/70
Coated some 130 grain 9mm and some 198 grain 30 cals.
Sized and lubed (for the non coated) all of the above

Now I need to figure out what powder HSM uses in their bear loads so I can duplicate them.

View attachment 249557 Cast a shit load of .451”round balls that with a rich alloy and some extra coats of hi tek will be about .458” for triple round ball loads in the 45/70
Now I need a lee 6 cavity .457 round ball mould to make this easier and make the balls a little larger.
Cast a bunch of 405 grain for the 45/70
Coated some 130 grain 9mm and some 198 grain 30 cals.
Sized and lubed (for the non coated) all of the above

Now I need to figure out what powder HSM uses in their bear loads so I can duplicate them.
Love it!

loaded up so 06 for cmp match and working on some 7.5 swiss for the vintage match
gearing up to do some smelting and casting

Mother-in-law will be visiting this weekend so that means I'll be in the basement reloading [rofl]; that way I can make a third range trip this week.

Mother-in-law will be visiting this weekend so that means I'll be in the basement reloading [rofl]; that way I can make a third range trip this week.
I have wanted to ask my MIL down to help pull the handle just to see here head explode when she finds out I’m reloading for guns she knows I have but is in denial

I have wanted to ask my MIL down to help pull the handle just to see here head explode when she finds out I’m reloading for guns she knows I have but is in denial
My MIL knows I "own guns" - you'd have to be blind not see the "paraphernalia" around the house but I don't think she knows the depth of the matter. I don't think she realizes how "involved" in it I am. She's FUDD-ish I guess. Her late father used to hunt all the time and her brother still does (they are from Ohio). But apparently she did some dumb "March for Our Lives" profile pic stuff on facebook or whatever. She likes to ride bandwagons. Her second husband, during the Orlando coverage (we were at their house at the time) basically broke into the usual "ARs are killing machines, they shoot a bullet this big!" (greater than a 50 cal, apparently [rofl]), etc., etc. They don't know I own (and have assembled) a few and not even mentioning AKs, etc.

She's a Yankees fan though, so at least I can hold last night's outcome over her.

My MIL knows I "own guns" - you'd have to be blind not see the "paraphernalia" around the house but I don't think she knows the depth of the matter. I don't think she realizes how "involved" in it I am. She's FUDD-ish I guess. Her late father used to hunt all the time and her brother still does (they are from Ohio). But apparently she did some dumb "March for Our Lives" profile pic stuff on facebook or whatever. She likes to ride bandwagons. Her second husband, during the Orlando coverage (we were at their house at the time) basically broke into the usual "ARs are killing machines, they shoot a bullet this big!" (greater than a 50 cal, apparently [rofl]), etc., etc. They don't know I own (and have assembled) a few and not even mentioning AKs, etc.

She's a Yankees fan though, so at least I can hold last night's outcome over her.
Yeah my MIL “ there’s no way my daughter would marry a man with guns”

I must be one of the few guys that has in-laws with LTC's and are pro-gun. My wife as well.[laugh]

The only people in my immediate family that aren't super pro-gun is my mom but she does own a handgun down in Florida. My twin sister is earthy crunchy fairly liberal (with everything but guns....[rolleyes]) but has 2 guns and shoots with me a couple times a year.

Vendor's got free hazmat after $99 on Accurate, Ramshot and Norma powders. I already need 8mm Mauser projectiles and could always use powders. I don't know anything about these ones though.

Anyone use any of those for 8mm Mauser, 30-06 (M1) or similar? I feel like I've heard Ramshot Tac discussed. Some quick googling implies people have had 8mm Mauser success with Ramshot Hunter and Ramshot Big Game.

I ran TAC in heavy 223 and 8mm . I find it a bit touchy and needs to be loaded close to max for good results. Not so bad with 80 grain 223 pushing max but with 8mm it’s just a bit stout. I will say TAC meters well there’s some good Acurate powders
4064 and 2520 cover a lot of ground

Last edited:
Finished loading 1400rds of 124gr FMJ 9mm.

Used Win 231 for the first +- 500, and ran out of that powder. Switched to Titegroup and did the other 900.

Still have this many more to goimage.jpeg

One things leads to another, stupid email with free hazmat leads to 6 lbs of powder, projectiles, primers, and me ordering a set of dies. Going to dip my toes in 9mm water. At least I showed enough restraint not to buy a progressive press too.

Back
Top Bottom