What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Are you going to invite me?

I loaded some 535g bullets and ordered some SOCOM bullets in .459 to test.

Here are 49 I loaded with the SOCOM bullets.

View attachment 557869
I can make that happen. I have a block of gel that needs to be cleaned and melted and another one I need to pickup from a buddies house.

Those bastards will sail through the 32” of gel no problem.

How old are these primers?

They still work, but they leave like sand (I call it Boomer dust) on my primer tray, [laugh]

View attachment 557875
Those aren’t that old! I’d say 80s maybe? I had some old CCI SPP with a green and white packaging that I’m sure was from the 60s. All went bang.
I still have some CCI magnum LPP which I think must be 70s.
Love the “made by the good ol boys”😂
1FE9347F-C7C1-4C95-B5EA-39AC83569B6E.jpeg BE346BE6-3A5F-40F2-BB13-0674BD05AA13.jpeg

I can make that happen. I have a block of gel that needs to be cleaned and melted and another one I need to pickup from a buddies house.

Those bastards will sail through the 32” of gel no problem.
Bro, I have some 600 grain solid bullets for the 45-70 @The Goose gave to me.

I haven't been brave enough to load them in the revolver yet or the rifles.

Do you want a few? ... I bet you dont have enough gel to stop them.

@The Goose do you have load data for those bullets?

Bro, I have some 600 grain solid bullets for the 45-70 @The Goose gave to me.

I haven't been brave enough to load them in the revolver yet or the rifles.

Do you want a few? ... I bet you dont have enough gel to stop them.

@The Goose do you have load data for those bullets?
I would try them. He gave me a 550 grain nose pour mould.
I usually back up the gel blocks with a cardboard box full of old rags. That catches the strays.

Oooo. DGS. I would be making jewelry out of those.
I was reading about these DGS bullets on an African hunter forum. Aparently they have a terrible rep for thick skinned animals because Hornady f*cked up the initial product, bullets wouldn't penetrate straight, they would deform, people would lose animals.

Then they changed the product, but they already have the bad rep.

Hornady releasing a sh*t product, I am shocked.

I was reading about these DGS bullets on an African hunter forum. Aparently they have a terrible rep for thick skinned animals because Hornady f*cked up the initial product, bullets wouldn't penetrate straight, they would deform, people would lose animals.

Then they changed the product, but they already have the bad rep.

Hornady releasing a sh*t product, I am shocked.
Nahh they just don’t sell any of them anymore so they can’t get any new bad reviews.
All Hornady is shit.

Check out the RCBS ‘X’ dies to limit any case stretching and trimming. Larry Gibson did a test on 7.62 NATO brass for an M1A, which is notoriously hard on brass, and he went from 3 reloads up to 16 with no case growth. Full info on the Cast Boolits site.

Always have one near the beach. Usually it's on the floor behind me when I'm actually loading.
Reminds me that I need to replace mine in the basement. Paint near the base is cracking and peeling off and the tank looks oxidized down there. Gauge says it's still charged, though.

Back when my liberal friends were talking about needing a gun during the summer of love, I decided the only thing I might need, that I didn't already have, was a bigger fire extinguisher. This one has been by the front door ever since.

fe.jpg

Meh. I tried it and lost interest after like 4 episodes for some reason.

I think longmire was the best crime drama ever.......then added a modern western twist just made it even better. It was great. I've read a few of the books from the series as well.
How about Bosch? I really thought that was a good crime drama.

Cast and lubesized some of my favorite bullet. MP359-640 with the cup and small round hollow point pins. I’m going to see how the cavities respond to different speeds. I know the cup works great at 357 top end speeds. Hopefully the small hollow point will hold up at revolver speeds. I think I was running the cup through the rifle last time I shot gel. 9677049D-E2C1-4C49-9D94-C7A8C05C8208.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom