What did you do in the reloading room recently?

View attachment 602931got a handy new tool for the reloading bench Teslong NTG100H for monitoring results with coated cast and general barrel conditions. Worth the money i suppose to take care of rifles with the prices out there

I have discovered a fantastic new cleaning product from a recent Eric Cortina video. Use this stuff. It takes copper and carbon out. Just let it sit for an hour. Patch it out. Repeat until it's not blue anymore.

WIPE OUT WIPE OUT 5OZ BORE CLEANER Amazon product ASIN B00162NQ0WView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00162NQ0W/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_F9JZQPZ7SFHZ09X9A00J

You can order the non-foam type direct from the maker here:

I cannot believe how well this stuff works.

IMG_20220414_201345595.jpg
@Michael J. Spangler has sent me down another rabbit hole
I had a few minutes so I put together a couple of 525 grain slugs for testing
23.5g PB
WAA12 clone
Sized and primed on my father's Pacific 366
Weighted the charge by hand with a dipper - don't trust dipper charts from 40 years ago. 1.67cc dipper was supposed to be 23grains but I dropped about a 1/4 dipper back so it was actually >30 grains

The 366 gave me what I think is a perfect crimp - if these shoot well I'm going to have to spend some time making a bunch

View attachment 603758
@Michael J. Spangler has sent me down another rabbit hole
I had a few minutes so I put together a couple of 525 grain slugs for testing
23.5g PB
WAA12 clone
Sized and primed on my father's Pacific 366
Weighted the charge by hand with a dipper - don't trust dipper charts from 40 years ago. 1.67cc dipper was supposed to be 23grains but I dropped about a 1/4 dipper back so it was actually >30 grains

The 366 gave me what I think is a perfect crimp - if these shoot well I'm going to have to spend some time making a bunch
Wow that crimp does look perfect. I can’t wait to see how they shoot.
Did you find a load for those nitro hulls?

Wow that crimp does look perfect. I can’t wait to see how they shoot.
Did you find a load for those nitro hulls?
Those are from a half dozen AA hulls I picked up a while ago - just brass ratting as I didn't even have a shotgun at the time. Couldn't toss perfectly clean hilss in the trash.

I found loads for the nitro hulls - just want to try out a few rounds before trying to go production

Those are from a half dozen AA hulls I picked up a while ago - just brass ratting as I didn't even have a shotgun at the time. Couldn't toss perfectly clean hilss in the trash.

I found loads for the nitro hulls - just want to try out a few rounds before trying to go production
Nice.
Those grey AA are great Hulls anyway. It’s a good way to keep your slugs separate from your 00 buck. One red one grey.

B8174BD0-BB69-4B35-BD74-2DBE41D76244.jpeg
300aac Load development success with 260gr 16” mid length adjustable gas block full open
So far with cfeblk
Started with 10.5gr at 1050fps did not cycle.
10.7gr @ 1080fps cycles didn’t lock back
10.9gr @ 1090fps cycles almost locks
11.2gr @ 1115fps cycles and locks.
I have a Jp spring that I want to try next round along with another powder that allows room in case for this boolit. 2.098oal is as long as I can get out of it.

View attachment 604264
300aac Load development success with 260gr 16” mid length adjustable gas block full open
So far with cfeblk
Started with 10.5gr at 1050fps did not cycle.
10.7gr @ 1080fps cycles didn’t lock back
10.9gr @ 1090fps cycles almost locks
11.2gr @ 1115fps cycles and locks.
I have a Jp spring that I want to try next round along with another powder that allows room in case for this boolit. 2.098oal is as long as I can get out of it.
Ooo nice. I would try the new spring and see if you can get it to cycle a little lower velocity. Changing powders will help. I think. BLK is a little slow so you might be able to speed it up a bit.

Ooo nice. I would try the new spring and see if you can get it to cycle a little lower velocity. Changing powders will help. I think. BLK is a little slow so you might be able to speed it up a bit.
While I was at the range I was tempted in cutting the buffer spring. I’m also not so sure of the adjustable gas block I got. I have feeling it might be leaking some gasses. It seemed better than a Allen screw type at the time. 1650074323509.jpeg

Made up 100 44mag with 240 cast and 11 unique.

Put about 100 44 cases in the tumbler. Once those are clean I'll make up my first batch of 44 special in 44 mag cases. I think I'll try bullseye powder first.

Made up 100 44mag with 240 cast and 11 unique.

Put about 100 44 cases in the tumbler. Once those are clean I'll make up my first batch of 44 special in 44 mag cases. I think I'll try bullseye powder first.
You wanna mess with some people at the range try loading a couple .433” round balls into the case stacked on top each other.
When to empty a cylinder and there’s 12 holes in the target they will be scratching their heads.

Made 24 each 44 special for testing. 240 grain clswc and 6 grains unique. Was gonna try bullseye first but I already had unique in the hopper. I like using the mag cases for special.......don't even have to even adjust the dies......just change the powder drop and go.

Made 24 each 44 special for testing. 240 grain clswc and 6 grains unique. Was gonna try bullseye first but I already had unique in the hopper. I like using the mag cases for special.......don't even have to even adjust the dies......just change the powder drop and go.
Yeah that’s the best.
I have a set of 38/357 dies somewhere that have set screw locking rings on them and a machined washer just thick enough to swap from 38 to 357 and not have to set the dies. IIRC it’s .100” thick
Pretty cool little trick.

How long did it take you to arrange them on a table without messing it up?

I am impressed.

Probably had them in ammo boxes (bullet facing down) and just inverted the ammo box and slowly lifted it off the table?
:p

1650200389299.png

Cheated (grin). Have the PMA tool pass-through loading block that is really convenient when working brass (lets any chips fall out on the table rather than in the block). Just inverted tray into block (bullets sticking out through the bottom of the block) and inverted block on the table (x7). Putting them into ammo boxes was the same in reverse. Maybe 5 minutes start to finish? I'm not facile enough to do that by hand, and I'm SURE I'd have knocked the whole thing down a number of times if I tried. 🤪

Printers are in the reloading room and it's guns related
Made a couple of baffles for the 366's powder and shot tubes

Attachments

• 366 Baffle v2.jpg
    366 Baffle v2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 2
Loaded another hundo last night. I know it's not much but it's a single stage press and ...baby steps for the newb.
I'm still using the single stage after almost 5 years. I'd probably only need to load about 120 rounds per week, on average, to keep up with my shooting, given that there's some rimfire shooting mixed in. I deprime and resize my handgun brass with carbide or titanium nitride-coated dies before wet tumbling it. In some cases I flare it before I store it. In cases where I flare it, I might also prime it. These are mindless tasks that can be done in small batches just whenever I feel like it. I usually listen to a book on Audible. My dies are set up. Loading brass that is already resized, flared, and primed is pretty quick, even on a single stage.

**Reloading Newbie Alert**

After taking @EddieCoyle's reloading class yesterday, I set up my 9mm dies and ran my first dummy round. First batch of 48 (50 minus the dummy round and its overly crimped predecessor) to be primed and pressed tomorrow. I intend to start working up 4.3-4.8 gr (.1gr increments) of W231 over S&B 4,4 primers and Berry's 115gr round nose. Nothing fancy, just range ammo intended for a P320 M17 and P320 XCompact.

Back
Top Bottom