What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Took a half day, cut the grass, did some errands - then made up another 400 rounds of my favorite .44 mag "gong ammo" ( 7.2 gn of Alliant SP behind 240 LSWC).

All with spanking new Starline brass (....now my arm's killing me.......)

Things were just working, everything gauged nice, and got close to 1.600 +.005/-.000 COAL on everything. Enough for today ! [cheers]

Thanks to the Goose's generosity, I was able to size some 43 Spanish bullets down to .427 and .429. I was sizing to .430 but it was a very tight fit and the case would sometimes rip the paper patch. I hope the .427s will shoot well because they load with just the right amount of tension. We'll see in the morning. I got to see his new .50/70 Shiloh Sharps this morning and it's a beauty.

Thanks to the Goose's generosity, I was able to size some 43 Spanish bullets down to .427 and .429. I was sizing to .430 but it was a very tight fit and the case would sometimes rip the paper patch. I hope the .427s will shoot well because they load with just the right amount of tension. We'll see in the morning. I got to see his new .50/70 Shiloh Sharps this morning and it's a beauty.
I’m jealous!

I have a goal.....to fill every ammo case I own woth reloads before I go to the club Tuesday night for practice plates lol. I've never done it.....because I shoot often enough I always have partial cases and empty ones waiting to get filled with fresh reloads. I need to make 200 rounds of 357 or 38 and 100 rounds of 45 to accomplish this. When complete I'll have 2200 rounds made up never had that much back stock. Thank you covid 19 down time. 😂

Finally figured out my .38 special problem with smoky rounds and unburned powder, I increased the crimp (right is before, left is after I increased the crimp);

IMG_0385.jpg

So I ran up a batch of 500 [cheers]

IMG_0386.jpg

I kept humming "silver and gold" from the old Rudolph the red nosed reindeer cartoon.......

Do it in the Mill parking lot on Sunday mornings. Let's everyone (maybe even vendors) meet/connect/socialize/coffee
Better done away feom vendors.
The BS state and local authorities can pull can be a problem for “the mill”
Permits, non licensed sellers, explosives
Omg gun stuff!!!

Sorry....................can't help myself...............:D

View attachment 522011
Wasn't it Cerakote who came up with special colors due to this shithead trying to ban 'colored and toy looking' guns?

ETA: [rofl]

Gun paint company taunts Mayor Bloomberg with paints named after him​

By KIRSTEN DANIS
DAILY NEWS CITY HALL BUREAU CHIEF |
MAR 21, 2008 AT 1:03 AM

A Wisconsin company that disguises deadly firearms with bright paints and camouflage has a new target: Mayor Bloomberg.
Lauer Custom Weaponry, whose products were banned in the city in 2006 because they make dangerous guns look like innocent toys, is taunting the anti-gun mayor with a line of paints named "The Bloomberg Collection."

The company - which named its purple hue after Barney, the dinosaur beloved by toddlers - is peddling a rainbow of candy-colored paints for each of the five boroughs.
There's red for Manhattan, rose for the Bronx, blue for Brooklyn, green for Queens and orange for Staten Island.

And as an extra slap - a stencil of the mayor's face for the barrel of the gun.
Gun owners also can plunk down $129 for a "Bloomberg Collection EZ Camo Kit" to pimp out their semiautomatics and rifles with a brick wall and graffiti decoration.

Last year, a Virginia gun shop held a "Bloomberg raffle" - with the prize a brand-new gun - to protest the mayor's crackdown on stores he says are illegally peddling firearms that end up on New York streets.
Not to be left out, the National Rifle Association soon plastered a picture of Bloomberg as an octopus on the cover of its magazine.

This time, Bloomberg angered Steve Lauer, owner of Lauer Custom Weaponry, when he pushed through a law that punishes anyone who uses, buys or sells a gun-coloration kit in New York with a year in jail or a $1,000 fine.

"The mayor picked us out as being the pink-gun guys," said Toby Johnson, who described himself as Lauer's "right-hand man" at the Chippewa Falls company.
The bright paints were meant to help rescue workers and range masters locate guns more easily - not fool cops, Johnson said. They regularly sell the colors named after the boroughs and have even sold "five or six" Bloomberg camo kits, Johnson said.
Women also are big fans of the colors, he added.

1631446515938.png

Last edited:
Got to the range early - shot some of the .44 mag FMJ's (Campro) I made up - average loads, probably 900-1000 fps.

I like em'. This was the first 12 shots (30' w/629 PC, strong hand). It only got better as the morning progressed.

After I'm guessing probably 1000 LSWC's - it also scrubbed out the barrel shiny-shiny like you wouldn't believe....... :D

rrr.jpg

jhps.jpg

Back
Top Bottom