• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What have you seen lately?

That sucks. They can look acary and are downright prehistoric, but they really don’t bother people.

There is a huge one in Clear Pond in Lakeville. Hangs out near the swimming platform. Basically just swims away when people come near. But people do freak out at times. Lol
Almost hit a painted turtle today. Made a u turn and scuttled back to make sure he made it across.

That’s behind my dads house. It’s a narrow strip connecting too wood lots. He enjoys the pics.

The feeder is 4” pvc and will hold 20-25 pounds of corn. They much interested in that now. The mineral lick and apples I drop are what’s holding their interest.

I buy a 50# red mineral rock at the feed store and cut it into 6ths with a sawzall. Once down the middle and the each side gets cut in thirds. You end up with 6 blocks 1/2 the cost of a trophy rock and they will be gone before the season opens up.

It doesn’t work quite as well as the Trophy rock but the price is right.

Next time I hit Tractor Supply I’m going to pick up some B&J BB2 to mix in with the corn.

Bob
Should have read this before I bought and placed my block.

iphone pics from behind the door. These two visited my front yard a couple minutes ago. Healthy looking suckers. I had to chase them off as the smaller one was poking around where I had a chipmunk trap. The last thing that bear needs is to be running around with a conibear stuck to his paw or nose.

View attachment 491674View attachment 491675
Nice looking bears , what’s stuck to the little ones ass ?

We were fishing on Assawompset yesterday around 7:30. There is a patch of weeds we work this time of year. Suddenly, there is a commotion in the woods. It's wetlands right there. We had busted some ducks but this was louder.

10 seconds later, a fawn busts out, runs thru the reeds in teh shallow water and shoots back into the woods.

We are stumped. Speckled fawn. Hauling ass.

About a minute later - still commotion. Look and something is moving in the brush. "Mountain lion!" LOL. No. Coyote. "I'm telling you that's a mountain lion."

About 20 yds down, the coyote literally sticks his head out of the bushes, turns, looks at us, and heads back in. LOL. He WAS big though. They seem to be getting bigger and bigger every year. But he was a single Yote.

About a minute or two later, MORE commotion. Suddenly Momma deer busts out of the brush and hauls ass after teh fawn.

What a funny morning. Oh, and then I set my hook on a 4.1# bass. So there was that, too.

We've all got a bazillion coyote pictures, but this was kind of funny. Iphone pic at 530 this morning through a really thick window screen.

I had this cheap crappy chunk of meat that I needed to marinate. Not in the mood to buy some or make some, I took what I had in the house. Kens Northern Italian Dressing and Texas Pete hot sauce. Tossed some crushed red peppers and cayenne in there just for giggles as well. Ate the meat and tossed the marinade in the firepit-it rained all night here.

So--italian dressing, hot sauce, and crushed red pepper works on coyotes.

IMG_0257.jpg

I don't have a picture but this happened a little while ago.

Was coming home from picking up dinner when I stopped at the last traffic light before home. I'm in the left turn lane, the middle lane is empty, and there is some tiny car in the right lane.

It's a long light and as I am waiting I see some movement to my right. The driver gets out of his car, one of those guys who looks really old and run-down. He walks forward to a point where I can't see the road over the right front of my truck and bends down...to pick something up. I look at his hands and it appears that he has just picked up a piece of FLATTENED ROAD KILL. He lifts it to his face and appears to be smelling it.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

He then returns to his car, puts it in the back seat, gets in his car and drives off.

I'm glad that wasn't my dinner.

I don't have a picture but this happened a little while ago.

Was coming home from picking up dinner when I stopped at the last traffic light before home. I'm in the left turn lane, the middle lane is empty, and there is some tiny car in the right lane.

It's a long light and as I am waiting I see some movement to my right. The driver gets out of his car, one of those guys who looks really old and run-down. He walks forward to a point where I can't see the road over the right front of my truck and bends down...to pick something up. I look at his hands and it appears that he has just picked up a piece of FLATTENED ROAD KILL. He lifts it to his face and appears to be smelling it.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

He then returns to his car, puts it in the back seat, gets in his car and drives off.

I'm glad that wasn't my dinner.
Obligatory:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxw6I-q2g8Y

An acquaintance has picked up 2 in the last 2 weeks. Little button bucks.

Spring dispersal. The does are giving the yearlings the boot and the bachelor groups are forming up according to my pictures. No fawns on camera yet though.

Beavers like apples……who knew….. this guy ate the four apples in the picture.

453B6A13-CFBD-4AD6-B20D-D5AAE66D293E.jpeg

The racks are coming along nicely.

7CAA7AAC-3B7E-4F6E-BBC8-0B425760A1B1.jpeg

LOL

Our local Osprey pair is out in downtown Fall River. Seen one every day for the last week or so. I'm pretty sure the nest is on the Telio-fone building. They drift down to the water and then circle the thermals up over 195 before banging a hard left in front of my building to go "home."

Back
Top Bottom