• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What I learned about guns from the movies!

I have learned from many movies that it is safe to swing guns around the room, pointing them at my friends in an animated fashion when I talk, with my finger on the trigger. I have also learned that the best way to shoot a pistol is with it lying horizontal to the ground. Also, you do not need hearing protection when shooting in a small space, like a 44 magnum in a car, because the shooters never stumble out of the cars with their ears bleeding and going "what did you say?".

Except for Archer. [smile]

That a revolver in the hand can magically turn into a semi auto while walking through a room or the other way around or sometimes one brand of semi auto is changed to another brand mid seine. I have seen this happen in more then one movie.

Despite the fact that it plays fast and loose with the facts, it was a pretty good movie.

Couldn't sleep. I knew I would find an appropriate thread, eventually.[wink]
Another local in Hollywood.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe no one said that you can shoot any AR with a red dot or scope from while holding at chest level and hit everything you wish (pretty much every movie with the Rock).

Finger on the trigger is a must at all times.

Uzi is a full automatic sniper rifle pretty much.

Shooting anyone with a shotgun (vehicles included) will throw them back couple hundred yards.

Another one I cannot believe nobody mention is you can shoot any car with millions of bullets and it will do anything (from continueing to work to blow up) but the tires will always be fine.

I remember seeing a WWII movie where they got that right...one of the pilots (with the squadron's cat) flew through the burning black cloud of whatever was being blown up. Didn't make it. Don't remember what movie it was, though...
I remember this. Can't remember the name of the movie. Someone! Help!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I didn't read through all of the posts so forgive me but apparently after you run out of bullets as a last resort you're supposed to throw the gun them[emoji51] [emoji51] [emoji51]

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

That "Tap and Rack" drills are never required...

Unless you are Thomas Magnum. Apparently the blanks for his .45 were not reliable. They left in several shoot outs where he had to clear a malfunction and get back in the fight.

I also like how when John Wayne knew a fight was coming he would put a sixth round in his SAA.

That pump actions shotguns pack the power of a Claymore mine and launch people across rooms and through breakable objects. Also every time you pump it, another shell teleports into the under-tube so you can fire indefinitely.(Walking dead s2 Hershel's shotgun)

I learned fromThe Rat Patrol that you can come over a sand dune at 50 mph, be vaulted 20feet in the air, shoot the single pole mounted 50 cal on full auto and hit the enemy 500 meters away...And notfall off…or lose your cool looking Australian bush hat…[smile]

t_230x130_9a5656232cb7bef06bb2136f5eae0235.jpg

Cowboy movies where they are holding someone at gunpoint with an SA revolver, and then click the hammer back to show they are now serious.

In the old westerns, no matter where the good guy got shot and with what he got shot, he lived and in the next scene he always has just his left arm in a sling...[smile]

My grandfather told me that in 1974...the man was right.

Siege of Jadotville,

Everyone can stand out in the open and not get hit 90% of the time while engaging in a full auto firefight back and forth including heavy machineguns.

tl;dr

What I learned from The A Team - Mini-14's are so inherently inaccurate that you'll never hit another human being with one. But it'll blow a lock off of a chain at 30 paces. It has something to do with the bullets made with a brass-magnet or something.

Back
Top Bottom