• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is the ugliest firearm ever made?

fencer

NES Member
I was talking with a buddy today that had just picked up a beautiful Winchester Ranger lever action rifle and we both agreed that we like the look and feel, the craftsmanship and materials of some guns more than others. Walnut and rosewood, blued and stainless steel.

Some guns are just more aesthetically pleasing, I appreciate the craftsmanship and materials of some guns much more than others.

What makes your list of the nicest and the ugliest?

For me on the ugly list are Glocks and that Rhino thing. On the nice list are Henry rifles with the brass receiver, the S&W M29 revolver and 1911's like Kimbers and Colts.

I am not talking about function, purely aesthetics

Chiappa Rhino:

340-055large_1.jpg

It is just all wrong. Hideous.

-Those new Remington 887 shotguns with the polymer covered receivers or whatever they are. What a fugly ass shotgun.

-Ruger P series centerfire pistols. All of them. I call them "Robopistols". (They're not fundamentally bad guns, but they are FUGLY as hell, particularly in bare stainless or two tone. )

-Ruger SR series pistols (at least with the stainless slide). The two tone thing just does not work. The chamber flags on these don't help matters either. Hell, calling them chamber flags is being dishonest- it's more like a chamber spinnaker, that says "ALL ABOARD THE USS FRUITY MC GAY GAY" when you have a round loaded up.

-The new Beretta semis not based mostly on the 92. The PX4, the 8000/9000, etc. If handguns could dress up on halloween, the new Berettas would be going as a "Turd".

-Ruger LCR. Decent enough gun but they are fugly, and there is no getting around it. I'd still buy another, though.

-The Kahr CW series pistols. I'm sure they work well enough but the skinflint factor on those guns is obvious.

-Basically anything Hi-Point ever made. At least the carbines they make shoot a lot better than they look, though.... the pistols on the other hand, they might as well laser etch a picture of a steaming turd on the side of the slide.

-The Claridge/Goncz Hi-Tec. Talk about fugly.

-Boberg XR9. Cool idea, but comes with an extra serving of ugly as ass.

-WASR-10. I'm not saying the guns are bad but the furniture those guns come from CAI with, is ugly as sin.

-Para Warthog- They look like pieces of s**t- and they shoot like one, too.

-Mike

-Those new Remington 887 shotguns with the polymer covered receivers or whatever they are. What a fugly ass shotgun.

-Ruger P series centerfire pistols. All of them. I call them "Robopistols". (They're not fundamentally bad guns, but they are FUGLY as hell, particularly in bare stainless or two tone. )

-Ruger SR series pistols (at least with the stainless slide). The two tone thing just does not work. The chamber flags on these don't help matters either. Hell, calling them chamber flags is being dishonest- it's more like a chamber spinnaker, that says "ALL ABOARD THE USS FRUITY MC GAY GAY" when you have a round loaded up.

-The new Beretta semis not based mostly on the 92. The PX4, the 8000/9000, etc. If handguns could dress up on halloween, the new Berettas would be going as a "Turd".

-Ruger LCR. Decent enough gun but they are fugly, and there is no getting around it. I'd still buy another, though.

-The Kahr CW series pistols. I'm sure they work well enough but the skinflint factor on those guns is obvious.

-Basically anything Hi-Point ever made. At least the carbines they make shoot a lot better than they look, though.... the pistols on the other hand, they might as well laser etch a picture of a steaming turd on the side of the slide.

-The Claridge/Goncz Hi-Tec. Talk about fugly.

-Boberg XR9. Cool idea, but comes with an extra serving of ugly as ass.

-WASR-10. I'm not saying the guns are bad but the furniture those guns come from CAI with, is ugly as sin.

-Para Warthog- They look like pieces of s**t- and they shoot like one, too.

-Mike

LMAO! Fruity Mc Gay Gay[rofl]

One made by Red Jacket crew. Maybe two or three, come to think of it.

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

All semi-auto handguns, actually. A generalization, I know, but revolvers are just so much more beautiful. A lot of shotguns from the 1930s and 1940s are beautiful as well.

Back
Top Bottom