What is the ugliest firearm ever made?

-Those new Remington 887 shotguns with the polymer covered receivers or whatever they are. What a fugly ass shotgun.

-Ruger P series centerfire pistols. All of them. I call them "Robopistols". (They're not fundamentally bad guns, but they are FUGLY as hell, particularly in bare stainless or two tone.

This.

The Ruger P-90 in 45 ACP was my very first "legal" carry pistol. It shot like a champ, was reliable as Hell amd despite it's tank-like size, was pretty concealable. It was also the ugliest gun I've ever owned.

Have to agree with the Dreyse 1907 - but I still love it even though it's ugly!

And although I think the Mauser Broomhandle is rather awkward-looking, anyone who's taken one apart knows it's a thing of beauty. Only one screw for the whole pistol, and that holds the grips to the frame. Old-world craftsmanship at its finest. Ever wonder why there are so many of them around (in functional condition) after 100(+) years?

As far as rifles go, any bullpup design - but, of course, I still want one....

Dreyse M1907 pistol! no doubt about it! LOL!

View attachment 22590

+1!

While there have been some FUGLY firearms listed, this one takes the cake!

I see your Dreyse and raise you a Frommer Model 1910:

From10.jpg

From10R.jpg

(Almost forgot)

M1894 Steyr Mannlicher

300px-1894_mannlicher6.sized.jpg
(Its a blow-forward...kinda cool[grin], but still butt ugly)

the Dardick Pistol:

Dardick-1500-pistol.jpg

Any semi auto ever made by Webley & Scott:

17779_0615_1_md.jpg

The Nambu Type 94 (Ugly as sin AND dangerous as hell):

t94198left.jpg

Anything ever designed by Bergman:

072Bergman_3RM.jpg

And I want all of them[laugh]

Last edited:
9MMhandgun.jpg

I am sorry but this thing is so blocky it makes the SA XD look slim

I think that there should be a distinction between ugly and works, and ugly and fails.

Slamming the Liberator as ugly is the same thing as slamming the Jeep for being unaerodynamic! It met its design needs, and paid no attention to any theoretical aesthetics.

Ugly and fails - the Dardick
Ugly and works - the Broomhandle - and therefore, to the user, beautiful.

I think that Beretta Neos is near top of the list. That thing is pure ugly. Those old Frommer and Steyr pistols are ugly as well but at least they have the cool collectible aspect to them.

Back
Top Bottom