What is the worst Firearm you have shot?

My buddy's Rohrbaugh 9mm pocket pistol. Painful nasty little thing that is finicky and unpleasant. Nice looking though.

A close second was a Para Warthog I owned. Uber POS.

Not fired anything I don't like yet...The only thing I can think of is actually a nice gun that I'm thinking of buying. It was Jay's J-Frame S&W with some of his home-made .357 Magnum loads in it.

My God.....It was like been beaten in the hands with a big stick!!! [shocked]

As I said -- the gun is a good one, just wouldn't use that combination of ammo and gun again.

1. .38 Snubby - S&W 442: OMFG! the 10 plus trigger, small size and hard to aim. I thought about spending the extra $300 and taking a pistol snubby defense class... but got rid of it instead.

2. .380 Walther PPK - beaver bite (not the good kind)... picky about ammo

-fin

I hate the trigger on my SW40P

And my Warthog keeps jamming or FTF.....(I keep being told it just needs to be broken in)

CZ-52 Absolutely the worst trigger pull and trigger slap I've ever experienced in any firearm hands down. Yeah, it's a C&R, but still. How did these guys use this thing back then. After a mag or two you try to anticipate the slap, which messes with your accuracy big time. I still own it, but will probably not be shooting it much if at all.

Stigma. Before I got it fixed.

CZ-82 is a nice shooter but stings the hell out of my hand.

Para Warthog - hurt more than any other firearm I've ever shot, including Jim's loads from hell.

Not fired anything I don't like yet...The only thing I can think of is actually a nice gun that I'm thinking of buying. It was Jay's J-Frame S&W with some of his home-made .357 Magnum loads in it.

My God.....It was like been beaten in the hands with a big stick!!! [shocked]

As I said -- the gun is a good one, just wouldn't use that combination of ammo and gun again.

One small nitpick, Pip. Those were Remington factory hunting rounds (JSP). I don't have any home-made rounds.

Yet.

Heh.

Mossberg Plinkster 702. Was purchased as a trainer for my daughter. Grouping was poor and frustrated her. I thought it was technique but when I tried it I also found the shot to shot accuracy to be about twice the size group of any of our other .22's. It also is somewhat hard on the fingers when locking or unlocking the action and as such I found myself spending as much time helping her with the rifle as she did shooting it.

On the bright side, it is the right size and weight for her at her age and size. After a couple thousand rounds the action eased up a bit for her.

I guess we got what we paid for <grin>. Should have gotten a 10/22 I think.

-R

Single Shot 20ga H&R
Hey! I grew up with one of those. That's how I learned to shoot skeet, at my middle school skeet club way back when guns were not politically incorrect. Still have it, waiting till my son is old enough to use it...

Hey! I grew up with one of those. That's how I learned to shoot skeet, at my middle school skeet club way back when guns were not politically incorrect. Still have it, waiting till my son is old enough to use it...

I actually thought the thread said FIRST. I will fix my post. That's what I get for a quick alt + tab. [sad2]

SW380 sigma that I used to have. It hurt like hell and really wasn't accurate at all. I hated it so bad that I gave it away at a $200 loss just to be rid of it!!!

AMT Back-Up .380 DAO.

You had to drive a roll pin out of it to field strip it.
You could break the firing pin by dry firing it a few times.
The gun didn't even have a frigging set of sights on it, it just had a
gutter of sorts... although I could "live" with that.

The trigger pull was very heavy, and long.

-Mike

AMT Back-Up .380 DAO.

You had to drive a roll pin out of it to field strip it.
You could break the firing pin by dry firing it a few times.
The gun didn't even have a frigging set of sights on it, it just had a
gutter of sorts... although I could "live" with that.

The trigger pull was very heavy, and long.

-Mike

I too, have one of these. I haven't had any issues with it, but I've only shot 50 rounds (at most) through it.

I gotta tell ya, I'm pretty damn close to selling almost all of my semi-autos that aren't HKs and completing the HK collection.

The first one that comes to mind is a gun that my childhood friend's father owned. It was a 9mm 'carry' gun from the 60s or 70s, imagine a PPK about twice the size, unfinished, bulky and awkward. It reminded me of the Delorean of guns, except not nearly as cool. Wish I knew what it was. But it was heavy as all get out, had a 20lb trigger, and the most recoil I've ever felt in a 9mm.

Second place goes to the PPK. My buddy and I started shooting at the same time - I got a beat up 70 series 1911, he got a new PPK. I think I shot one mag and never wanted to touch it again. When we tried to clean it, we couldn't get the slide off - had to take it to a gunsmith, he put it in a vice and banged on it with a hammer until the slide came off...

SIGS...hate them. They try to jump out of my hand every time I pull the trigger. Too bad, such a well made gun.

Glocks....hate the grip angle.

Let's see!

Reliability:

- S&W 40V - brand new, 5 broken parts in mag-well - dropped mags when picked up after 2 mags of factory PMC ammo. S&W fixed it and I sold it.

- Walther P22 - jam-o-matic with every ammo we threw at it - polished feed-ramp and sold it. New owner reported no problems with it after that (he was told of issues upfront).

Shootability:

- OMC Backup .380 - (original model) had 15+ trigger pull on a gun with ~1.5" bbl! Brutal to shoot accurately. Sold a very long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom