What is the worst Firearm you have shot?

Derek, I'm surprised at such a broad statement.

I have a Mossberg 144LS, bolt-action .22LR with peep-sights that would likely change your mind! Nice, relatively inexpensive (bought it back in 1977) target gun.

It was an unwarranted stroke to. I was mainly referring to their loose fitting rattle box pump shotguns. [wink]

It was an unwarranted stroke to. I was mainly referring to their loose fitting rattle box pump shotguns. [wink]

Gots to agree on that one (Mossberg shotguns). For just a tiny bit more, you used to be able to get a Remington 870 Express or Winchester Ranger (low end 1300), and have something worth having.

I'll give them credit for FINALLY chnging the safety slider to metal. The plastic ones were breaking enough I almost started making aftermarket safety parts (steel).

Nope, it's just a POS. Jettison it IMMEDIATELY.

If you want a good laugh (or cry) check these out:

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=11130

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15877&highlight=para+warthog (Post 27 on this one)

uggg...this is not good....The last time I took it out I was able to get 100 rnds without a jam...took it apart cleaned it and I plan on another 100rnd later this week....It seems to be getting a bit better. Your not the only one who told me to get rid of it. I am in love with its accuracy for such a small gun...

I just picked up a Mossberg. Thanks for telling me after I bought it. [sad]

Well, my crystal ball is broken, my magic wand is out of batteries, and they tell me they can't get me any more for it.

Seriously, though, you could've asked. We had no idea.

The up side for you is they're better than they used to be (yes, they were THAT bad).

And, these days, I'm not so sure of the price difference between the 870 and the Mossberg, or even have a clue what "Winchester" is available.

When I buy a pump shotgun, I go for a good used one, and preferably face-to-face private transfer. Last one was an Ithaca, and my Winchester 1200 pump I've had since 1977 (and it was made about 1968).

I am only referring to their pump shotguns.

Not sure I agree with that. I have a Mossburg 590 that I have set up as my home defense pump shotgun and the thing has been dead reliable at the range and at a shotgun class put on through NES at Harvard. I couldn't be happier with it.

You'll have to show me at the next shoot. I haven't owned a Mossberg pump since high school. I had two then and I hated both of them, but I worked at McDonalds in H.S. and they were all I could afford.

My first purchase in the Marines was a nice Beretta A303. [wink]

I just picked up a Mossberg. Thanks for telling me after I bought it. [sad]

I don't get all the Mossberg hating. I had a Mossberg 500 Persuader that never failed me. I put thousands of rounds through it and never had a problem. I probably cleaned that gun twice.

I only sold it to purchase my stoeger uplander as I needed a good bird gun.

I don't get all the Mossberg hating. I had a Mossberg 500 Persuader that never failed me. I put thousands of rounds through it and never had a problem. I probably cleaned that gun twice.

I only sold it to purchase my stoeger uplander as I needed a good bird gun.

It's the loose fitting parts and all the noise it makes when you are walking in the woods with it. Now that I think of it mine broke on me which is why I got another one. [thinking]

http://www.gunsworld.com/exploded/mossberg.htm

The piece between #17 and #18 literally just snapped while i was walking a deer drive.

Last edited:
Desert Eagle in 50AE

Grip felt like i was holding a 2x4.

Pulled the trigger and i felt like some one hit my hand with a ball peen hammer.

Overated piece of crap.

Para warthog, I tried a friends and couldn't believe how long and difficult the trigger pull was. Shot it twice and that was enough for me.

ZHA's FrankinMosin! The first time I fired it, the celing above me fell on top of me, the muzzle blast blew of my hearing protection (and every one elses in a 50ft raduis), and the paper target 25yds away caught fire. [wink]

Browning 1885 and 1886 both in 45/70. The 85's stock has a recoil pad with no give and the 86 had a curved steel butt plate. Both would pound you into the ground like a tent peg even with factory loads. The good thing about the 86 was it held 11 (10+1} rounds of
45/70.

The worst would be: But i still like it. Because i like all firarms. [smile]
(uncomfy to my hands, and shot low and to the left.)
Model 908S

Desert Eagle in 50AE

Grip felt like i was holding a 2x4.

Pulled the trigger and i felt like some one hit my hand with a ball peen hammer.

Overated piece of crap.

How can you say such a thing? [wink]

Bullet Tooth Tony: So, you are obviously the big dick. The men on the side of ya are your balls. There are two types of balls. There are big brave balls, and there are little mincey faggot balls.
Vinny: These are your last words, so make them a prayer.
Bullet Tooth Tony: Now, dicks have drive and clarity of vision, but they are not clever. They smell pussy and they want a piece of the action. And you thought you smelled some good old pussy, and have brought your two small mincey faggot balls along for a good old time. But you've got your parties mangled up. There's no pussy here, just a dose that'll make you wish you were born a woman. Like a prick, you are having second thoughts. You are shrinking, and your two little balls are shrinking with you. And the fact that you've got "Replica" written down the side of your gun...
[Zoom in on the side of Sol's gun, which indeed has "REPLICA" etched on the side; zoom out, as they sneak peeks at the sides of their guns]
Bullet Tooth Tony: And the fact that I've got "Desert Eagle point five O"...
[Withdraws his gun and puts it on the table]
Bullet Tooth Tony: Written down the side of mine...
[They look, zoom in on the side of his gun, which indeed has "DESERT EAGLE .50" etched on the side]
Bullet Tooth Tony: Should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now... f*** off!

f6e79-bullettooth2.jpg

Browning 1885 and 1886 both in 45/70. The 85's stock has a recoil pad with no give and the 86 had a curved steel butt plate. Both would pound you into the ground like a tent peg even with factory loads. The good thing about the 86 was it held 11 (10+1} rounds of
45/70.

Funny how tastes differ, these are two of my favorites.
Neither are much fun off the bench with full loads, but quite manageable offhand.

BTW,the 300 gr "cowboy" loads can help if you are sensitive to abundant recoil.

Now, the 45-70 in a 12" Contender is a whole different story. It is sort of like having your hand slammed in a car door every time it goes off

Worst POS ever made? The award would have to go to any of the muzzle loading pistols made by Classic Arms of Palmer. You would be lucky to hit a phone booth, from inside.

Jack

Back
Top Bottom