When was the last time you went shooting??

Good grief...I can't remember. It was before the flood in May. I've been somewhat side tracked since then. (by the way - the condo is all done...finally! [smile] ) I'm taking some students to the range tonight tho, so I might just get a few rounds off then. If not, then definately within the next week. I've so missed fondling my firearms. [smile]

There has to be a story there just begging to be told...
If it's me your talking about, it's the weather. Mansfield fish and game's indoor range is still a work in progress. If the weather is right I'll go but this is New England and that don't happen too often.

Took a couple of young scouts this afternoon to do some shooting for their Shotgun merit badges. They finished up their Rifle a couple of weeks ago. They walked away today after 50 rounds each of 12 guage a little bruised but beaming from ear to ear. I think we've got a couple of more converts. [cheers]

Ken

Shot this morning (229 .40 and MkIII .22) what a BEAUTIFUL day. Crisp fall air, the sound of firearms. All was right with the world. Then I had to go home and do yard work for the rest of the afternoon...[sad2]

Chris

I went today, did a pin shoot. Ran the "mutt gun" (my compensated 1911 made from
an AO frame and caspian slide and a bunch of other parts) plus brought out the SW PC945
for a bit. Snagged two first place relays, almost got a third, but by then the pins were
getting heavy and I had 6 of them on the table to deal with. Paying only $5 was nice,
though.

Normally its never more than a week between outings. I will always find
some reason to sneak out and at least do a little shooting, even if its only
22 rimfire.

The only time I have dry spells is in the winter. MA only has a few
places to shoot indoors, and most of them are far away from me. There is
one indoor range close by, but most of my guns and the ammo I like to use don't conform
with their rules. (I like to shoot standard normal power FMJ loads, not "wuss" grade lead RNL or
SWCs that foul the piss outta my guns).

-Mike

Last edited:
I confirmed my rifle was sighted in and needed to pack for my hunting trip as Sunday is my travel day.

I forgot how much a 35 Whelen kicked.:)

Respectfully,

jkelly

Yeah, the recoil .35 Whelen can be a little stiff. The .350 Rem Mag was a short case magnum with close to the same ballisitcs in that little 600 carbine they made. That hurts after a box of ammo too. [thinking]

I'm making it a point to go once a month. I'd go more but... sadly... I have yet to purchase my first firearm and have to pay the rental fees at AFS (not that they are bad... just cost a bit more then just ammo)

[sad2] I know... I know... it is a horrible thing that some of us do not have a firearm of their very own... to love and take shooting... yet so many firearms are sitting in gun safes/cabinets just longing to be fired... hoping that some day... "Will my owner will take me shooting?" and feeling neglected.

Then there are those that are orphaned in the "gun buy back program [rolleyes] "

For those of you that have neglected or under used firearms... please feel free to donate them to "matt needs a gun foundations" (I prefer the .45 so far, but will accept any donations [wink] )

For those of you that have neglected or under used firearms... please feel free to donate them to "matt needs a gun foundations" (I prefer the .45 so far, but will accept any donations [wink] )

You do realize, dearheart, that asking any of us to give up a firearm is like asking a drug addict to give up their stash, don't you? [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

"You wouldn't really appreciate it if you hadn't earned the money yourself." [wink]

I got a free M1917 (Remington manufactured) rifle a few years back because the owner was moving to Hawaii and didn't want to bring it. A little bit of restoration work and it's beautiful.

It's not that hard to appreciate something that's free.

Back
Top Bottom