Which piston carbine would you purchase?

Which piston carbine would you buy?

• FN Scar 16 - 50 shades of brown and an Ugg boot stock

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • HK MR556 - because HK hates you if you’re poor

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Sig Sauer MCX Spear 5.56 - The US Army can’t be wrong, right?

Votes: 31 33.0%
  • PWS MK116 - Pew pew tactical says buy it

Votes: 10 10.6%
  • LWRC IC-SPR - cheaper than an HK (not by much)

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • 5.56 is for beta twinks, get a man’s caliber rifle in 7.62

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Barret M82A1 .50 BMG - because bigger is always better, even if it isn’t a “carbine”

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Mall ninjas operating operationally would run something not listed above

Votes: 14 14.9%

• Total voters
so the whole video is an 8 minute rant bitching about the rail to be out of spec. classic youtube cr@p.
get some dremel you pussy and just fix it! :)

i just got curious - that psa was a piston system, or just a regular psa crap?

While that video was much longer than it needed to be, that is a very legitimate gripe. Nobody should have to dremel a mount to fit a shitty gun. And it also puts into question their QC for the rest of the gun.

It was their piston upper, the JAKL.

I thought about using a JAKL upper for a fun AR-bullpup project. But definitely not now.

Edit: autocorrect typo

Last edited:
While that video was much longer than it needed to be, that is a very legitimate gripe. Nobody should have to dremel a mount to fit a shitty gun. And it also puts into question their QC for the rest of the gun.

It was their piston upper, the JAKL.

I thought about using a JAKL upper for a gun AR-bullpup project. But definitely not now.
rather fascinating that they have managed to mess up a rail. it is not that easy to do, ass those things are pretty standard. :)

as of QC - psa never had no qc.

My 11.5 DI built specifically for a suppressor runs so well I don't know if the LWRC would be better despite the adj gas block.
Every time I think about changing the muzzle device out to make it possible I find someplace better to put the money.
But wouldn’t a piston gun result in less gas to the face?

I’m not so sure about the gas out of your face claim. I have an RC2 on a 16” IC-A2 that has more blow back than an IC-DI 16” with a Trash Panda and M81 charging handle.

YMMV and all anecdotal evidence is just that.

Back
Top Bottom