Why are there so many Glock Haters?

I love 1911's I have a few, I built a few . They are fantastic guns and nice to look at and have a lot of history. There is a reason why they been making them and them for 100 years.

Now I own several Glock and my EDC is a Glock . It's light and able to carry a high capacity or rounds but mainly because it is a proven combat handgun that I believe will out perform any handgun put into the harshes conditions that a handgun can go through .

There is a reason why so many gun company's make polymer frame guns now . Oh ya GLOCK[wink]

I have six and I'm not crazy about them. G26-G19-G17-G36-G30-G21. The G17 was my first handgun. Perfect for a newbie, so simple, breaks down in a second, easy to clean.

I love the fact that Glocks take a beating. The G17 & G21 are the best grip and I'm proficent at 30', beyond that, it's hit or miss. For accuracy, I'm better at 75' with my S&W 627-5 than a Glock at 30' ,but my revolver's too bulky and I wouldn't want to scratch it at work so my daily carry is my G36.

I'm going to have Bob's Original do a trigger job on my G36 and I'm going to get a few Pearce + 0 Mag Extentions. I'm hoping that makes a difference.

I figured that Glocks seem to be so popular in Mass and the prebans will dry up eventually, they shouldn't loose value. It's an investment.

Some day when I grow up I'll get a 1911 [grin] .

WOW - This thread is still going

" 3. They hardly ever fail! "
Isn't that way too often? After all, your life could depend on this.

PS_ That barrel-hurling revolver was way cool. (Glad nobody got hurt.) I bet a Glock can't do that without blowing up the shooter.

Say all you want but here's some numbers!

1. Out of the eighteen Glocks I rent/five are the most popular.
A. 17,19,21,22,23

2. On the average week, these pistols shoot 12-15,000 rounds collectivly
2.A - The lions share of rounds go through the G-17/19

3. They hardly ever fail!

4. Most see thousands of rounds between cleanings.

5. My G-21 has over 130,000 rounds logged. (Still has all the original parts)

6. My 21 still puts rounds in the same hole

Love them or hate them - NOTHING can take this kind of abuse and still keep working!

PS: I'm a 1911 guy,have over forty of them, but the G21 comes home to defend the family!

PSS: Derek - it's the best twenty bucks I've ever spent [banana]

Jim, I gotta admit, even though I've never been a fan of Glocks due to the grip angle, seeing the ones you have go through that every day and keep on trucking has earned a lot of respect from me.

But I'll still stick my M&P.

Jim, I gotta admit, even though I've never been a fan of Glocks due to the grip angle, seeing the ones you have go through that every day and keep on trucking has earned a lot of respect from me.

But I'll still stick my M&P.

This...

and my glocks

and my XD

and my 1911 too

and my iPhone

and my PPS

and my two cats

I pick on Glocks because a lot of Glock owners are like Apple apologists. I do it because it's good comedy and an easy target.

I was going to say that earlier, but I didn't want two groups with the fanaticism of religious zealots to put a jihad on me [wink]

Who knows I may end up owning one some day since they are like $20 each.

Up there they're only $20, down here same Glock will cost you $650 with only 1 pre ban mag.

And now it's a cat thread [rolleyes]

RUN PUFFIN RUN!

cat-speed.jpg

Back
Top Bottom