• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

WPR new member?

Hi
I am new to the area and looking to join a local club. Are there any members that would be able to show me around WPR? It seems like a nice club.
Thank You

Worcester P&R Orientation

Who all will be attending club orientation Thursday night at Worcester Pistol and Rifle? Looking forward to meeting some new people and putting some faces with Avatars [grin]

I am extremely excited to be considered for membership. I missed the last orientation in May, so it has been a long 3 months [grin]

Worcester Pistol and Rifle

Just sent my application in.[rockon]

Can not wait for January. I drove by last Saturday to check it out and got a tour from a member (Mark I think was his name)and his buddy. I like the no frills shooting club. Go in, shoot, go home.

That's the way it should be! I look forward to meeting the members and taking part in a club again.

The best part......5 minutes from my house! [smile]

I joined this club at the beginning of the summer...nice people and nice place to shoot. I just wish I had time to go more often!

I am looking to take a tour of the facility. Any members out there willing to meet me? I live in West Boylston and can be there in 9 minutes!!!

Call my cell or respond here.

Steve 339-223-4589

I was told to go down any Saturday or Sunday morning and anyone there will be glad to give you a tour. Sure enough I did and got the quick tour.

Sorry Charlie...I did take some pictures for you but they completely slipped my mind. If you pm me an email assess I can shoot them over to you...or perhaps I can read the thread on how to post pictures.

I'd also be glad to five a tour sometime (another excuse to go shooting!)

Hello I'm wondering if WPR are accepting new members. I've been there before with a member before, he was my firearms instructor. I like the place, it seemed to be place to just go,shoot and leave. If anyone could help me it would be great.

Hello I'm wondering if WPR are accepting new members. I've been there before with a member before, he was my firearms instructor. I like the place, it seemed to be place to just go,shoot and leave. If anyone could help me it would be great.

Was I your instructor? Yes we are accepting new members. I can send you an application or you can stop by Sat the 12th during the IDPA match and pick one up.[smile]

Was I your instructor? Yes we are accepting new members. I can send you an application or you can stop by Sat the 12th during the IDPA match and pick one up.[smile]
hrm, i think you where haha. Whats ever easier, I guess i'll come by the 12th if thats all and good.

Go to the website, you can download an application and send it by mail.
The next new member orientation is Thursday evening, January 28th. After attending you are eligable to be voted on at the February 4th meeting.

http://www.wprclub.com/content/join-us

Peter

Sorry Charlie...I did take some pictures for you but they completely slipped my mind. If you pm me an email assess I can shoot them over to you...or perhaps I can read the thread on how to post pictures.

I'd also be glad to five a tour sometime (another excuse to go shooting!)

Thanks, I stopped by one saturday to have a look see. I've snet in my application and will be at teh meeting on teh 28th.

Steve

im still waiting for my LTC to arrive at my local PD. is it still possible to fill out the application for this coming january?

thanks

mike

Question:

Guests allowed at WPR?

I read thru the website and attached documents but saw no mention...

-interested in joining - longtime shrews resident.

thx!!
-dave

Well, I have to say I'm a little disappointed in WPRC. Been a member for a few years but with work I hardly get the chance to go. But my wife sent in the yearly dues for 2010 and I received a letter that they need a copy of my LTC and GOAL card before they can send me the key for 2010. Didn't think anything of it and figured I would get it out to them when I had a chance and since I didn't see any time in the future where I would have time to get to the range it wasn't on the top of my list. I figured they have my dues so I will get them the copies ASAP and since I don't have a key what is the big deal right? The big deal turned into another letter telling me now I will have to pay another $80 fee for being late. lol oh well they never cashed my yearly dues check so I will not be a member anymore. Rules are rules I guess.

WPRC isn't a fancy club but if you are looking for something around Worcester it is close and has a 24hr indoor. Always meet super nice people shooting. Just make sure you get the dues and copies of LTC/Goal card in on time.. :(

Dave, you are allowed up to three (3) guests per visit to the club. I just joined this month and have been to the indoor range twice so far. There is typically someone there every weekend. If you want to have a look see I live in West Boylston and could meet you there some weekend. my cell is 339-223-4589.

Steve

Hello all! I recently applied for my class-A LTC in Leicester and I am planning on finding and joining a club close by to shoot at. I spend the majority of my time in Worcester so Worcester Pistol and Rifle seems like a solid choice. I have emailed them, but I was wondering if anyone knew when the next orientatiion is? I am stilll waiting for my license to come in, but I would like to get everything as squared away as I could and possibly see the facility so I could enjoy my new 1911 as soon as I can purchase it ;)

JayD,

The next orientation is Thursday, April 29 with registration starting at 7:00 PM. You might want to send an email to Brian, the Membership Director, at [email protected] to let him know you're planning to attend.

Back
Top Bottom