Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

I did actually send an email earlier but have yet to get a reply. I wanted to see if I could do the orientation meeting and take a tour before I filled out the application because I don't think the LTC will be here til the 30th.

Bump because I am still looking for a sponsor......and because I went to Smith and Wesson today, fired a 1911, and have fallen in love all over again....

I believe the process at WPRC is to go to the orientation meeting and then go to a regular meeting to get voted in. I think you have 6 months after orientation to attend a club meeting. I would think you should just go to the orientation and take it from there.

That is mostly correct. You should send in an application first before attending the orientation. I went down today and checked out the facilities. Awesome place and very close to home! Can't wait to join up. Anyone else attending orientation at the end of the month?

Hope to see you there tonight. I'll be hanging with my friend a little bit early. We will most likely be in his jeep. It's blue with a bunch of stickers. Feel free to say hi. I'll probably be smoking a cigar!

So after a 2 year hiatus I just sent my check in. I always enjoyed this club and due to financial reasons I haven't shot in a year or two. How is everything? Anything changed? I plan on attending the orientation at the end of January. Will anyone from NES be attending the meeting?

Orientation? Nah. It's a rote, boring recitation to comply with insurance rules for the club. Enjoy.

There are some worries about the new housing development that went in, literally across the road. The assumption is that they will try to shut us down, once the houses are all sold. The range is between a YMCA camp and an elementary school, so I'm hoping it might be tough sledding for them to get very far in their reasoning to force a shutdown.

Witht that said, there are plans to renovate, hence the increased fees lately. I haven't sat in on a meeting for a while, but plans were to build an improved indoor range facility, and update the outdoor ranges, too. That will take a few years, however, from what I've heard.

Orientation? Nah. It's a rote, boring recitation to comply with insurance rules for the club. Enjoy.

There are some worries about the new housing development that went in, literally across the road. The assumption is that they will try to shut us down, once the houses are all sold. The range is between a YMCA camp and an elementary school, so I'm hoping it might be tough sledding for them to get very far in their reasoning to force a shutdown.

Witht that said, there are plans to renovate, hence the increased fees lately. I haven't sat in on a meeting for a while, but plans were to build an improved indoor range facility, and update the outdoor ranges, too. That will take a few years, however, from what I've heard.

From what gather, although the housing groups may make that push, it seems like the neighbors, even those who don't appreciate the noise, still consider us good neighbors. I'm sure there're be issues but it seems like there's strong support in the town for WPR.

Should add that while I don't plan to go through orientation again, I believe I will be at the meeting tomorrow night.

Last edited:
How is the indoor range at this club? I know what the outside ranges are like, but what about the inside???
How does getting in and out work?
can you shoot 24/7?

I am going to the Orientation this month, and hopefully getting voted in the 1st Thursday in Feb, but was curious before I drop $200. To renew at my club is only $65, but this club is 5 minutes from my house, even though it's a lot more money. Was just curious about a couple things. Thanks.

-Neil

How is the indoor range at this club? I know what the outside ranges are like, but what about the inside???
How does getting in and out work?
can you shoot 24/7?

If you made it to the orientation last night (as I did) then you have the answers you were looking for but for anyone else:
The indoor range is 24/7 however it will be closing 3/31 for a complete renovation of the building with an expected reopening in September. Right now you get in with a key for the gate and the indoor range, this will change to a pass card once the renovation is complete.

I'm hoping they are still having member meetings after the indoor range closes as I will be working on dates of the next two meeting (Feb & Mar) and it seems I need to be present at a meeting to get voted in. Certainly the 24/7 access to the indoor range (renovation aside) is a nice plus.

Its a great place...I'd be happy to take someone sometime (my schedule permitting)

This is my third year as a member and I have had only positive experiences. Never encountered a range Nazi and only once I needed to yell at someone for doing something stupid (walking in front of the firing line)

A bunch of good people.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Its a great place...I'd be happy to take someone sometime (my schedule permitting)

This is my third year as a member and I have had only positive experiences. Never encountered a range Nazi and only once I needed to yell at someone for doing something stupid (walking in front of the firing line)

A bunch of good people.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I'd like to take you up on that offer. I'll send you a PM and we can discuss.

For others, here's a response I got from WPR when I asked recently about orientation.

"Everyone who wishes to become a member of the Worcester Pistol & Rifle Club must first attend a Orientation Meeting. We usually hold three scheduled Orientations per year but due to the renovations, to the Indoor Range/Clubhouse, beginning in March we have decided to drop the Orientation usually held in April. The next Orientation Meeting will be held on August 30, 2012 with those attending being eligible to show up at the September 6 Monthly Business Meeting to be voted on for membership into the Club"

Has there been any determination if the April Business Meeting will still be held as scheduled? I made it to the January orientation but couldn't make the Feb or Mar business meeting (work schedule). I'm hoping there will still be an April meeting so I can be voted in.

When is the next orientation meeting? I was told August, not sure why they have only 2 meetings a year. This club is 3 minutes from me, but I can't seem to ever get there. I already missed the January meeting, I was hoping they have another one before August.

When is the next orientation meeting? I was told August, not sure why they have only 2 meetings a year. This club is 3 minutes from me, but I can't seem to ever get there. I already missed the January meeting, I was hoping they have another one before August.

Normally there is an orientation in April also. But because the clubhouse/indoor range is closing for major renovations on March 31, the April orientation was cancelled. So the next one is in August.

Normally there is an orientation in April also. But because the clubhouse/indoor range is closing for major renovations on March 31, the April orientation was cancelled. So the next one is in August.

The meeting can't be held elsewhere?? Oh well. Need to join somewhere, will have to start looking elsewhere. [rolleyes]

Just read this. I'm not that far from this club, and anxiously awaiting my LTC.

So to join, forgive any of my ignorance here, I just went through the by laws... I should just submit an application with three references (preferably people with LTCs) and await an email for a meeting time. Then I go to the meeting, get interviewed, if I get voted in I pay the roughly 200 bucks and voila? sounds good. I'm a busy person and time commitments are really hard for me to do, and this club doesn't look like it has many requirements around dedicating time during the week or weekend days.

Looking at the chart, I had some questions on regular member dues. Looks to be only 45 bucks annually? am I right?

Thanks for any information that can provided. I've heard great things about this place!

I would like to join, because it is just down the street for me. But it looks like I'm a bit late to the party for this April's meeting?

I would like to join, because it is just down the street for me. But it looks like I'm a bit late to the party for this April's meeting?

You could've emailed them and asked them if it was too late......The orientation is this Wednesday. So now, it is probably too late. May not have been 2 days ago though. Have to wait until August now.

You could've emailed them and asked them if it was too late......The orientation is this Wednesday. So now, it is probably too late. May not have been 2 days ago though. Have to wait until August now.
Understood. Maybe I'll try to attend one of the bowling ball pin shoots that they do in the meantime. Looks like that would be a good time.

They also have monthly IDPA shoots that are open to the public.
I'll definitely keep that in mind once I get into IDPA. I am going to attend one of those GOAL classes that you suggested, maybe after I find a nice 9mm.

Back
Top Bottom