• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Would like to start reloading. Classes or books?

I'm putting off reloading until i have something other than a mosin/.22, and until i can convince the wife to let me put a bench in the livingroom.... (the basement is where scary spiders and dampness live)

From my HTC EVO via Tapatalk

Acme is getting a list together to have EC teach the class here. Would you like to be added to that list?

Yup, and you pimped your class in a thread where the OP specifically asked about mine.

That's pretty cheesy Dude.

People should be aware of ALL of the learning options. Just saying.

Can't we all just get along? You guys are both very capable reloaders and offer knowledgeable classes. I'm going to leave it at that.

To the OP, classes are a great way to get hands-on experience that will minimize a lot of the mistakes that you will inevitably make during the reloading process. Use as many sources as you can (books, videos, classes) to get a good feel for what you're doing before jumping into it and you'll be glad you did. There are plenty of great resources on NES and plenty of people that you can PM for quick questions that you will have.

People should be aware of ALL of the learning options. Just saying.
Yeah, but EC has 10k more posts than you..... Just saying.

Any training is is a good thing to have, no matter who you get it from. Well, that depends on what, but the point is, instruction can help you avoid some mistakes that are quite common and more importantly the ones that can get you or someone nearby hurt.

Dukeie, maybe a PM to the OP?

Last edited:
thanks for the info everyone. I really do appreciate it. I am going to book store this weekend and will buy a book or two and take the class as well. Thank you.

If you are interested, my class is free. No reading books or classroom time, no wasting time on silly lunch breaks. Just you and the press, cranking out 1000's of rounds of ammo.

If you are interested, my class is free. No reading books or classroom time, no wasting time on silly lunch breaks. Just you and the press, cranking out 1000's of rounds of ammo.

I would be happy to do the same. Started reloading in 1975 and have been doing it ever since. I was lucky enough to have a friend with a Grandfather that was a wild cat loader. He did it all including making his own caliber brass casings he needed for obsolete stuff from cases he could find. Wish I had spent more time with him.

If you are close to Supermoto Great.... If I can help, let me know.

Here is a source

LINK

Last edited:
Can't we all just get along? You guys are both very capable reloaders and offer knowledgeable classes. I'm going to leave it at that.

To the OP, classes are a great way to get hands-on experience that will minimize a lot of the mistakes that you will inevitably make during the reloading process. Use as many sources as you can (books, videos, classes) to get a good feel for what you're doing before jumping into it and you'll be glad you did. There are plenty of great resources on NES and plenty of people that you can PM for quick questions that you will have.

+1

I read a couple of books and even reloaded with my brother some. Finally I took the GOAL class with EddieCoyle (Jim). Best decision ever. I am much better at learning when I get to do things hands on. Jim knows a lot. I'm sure the others that are on this forum know a lot too. But if GOAL is 15 minutes from your house I would say there is no way you will be disappointed.

well no, I don't actually have ADD lol, I am just saying sometimes hate classrooms. Brings me back to high school. I love sitting in my basement cleaning my guns and such for hours on end, so the actual act of reloading I will love. Just the learning part/classroom part I will have to suffer though.

I do the same thing! I love sittin in my basement cleaning after shooting only once. The guns are already practically clean! I am so compulsive it's crazy. Classrooms are boring I agree.

take the class, there is nothing like be able to ask questions, can't do

that with a book and or a video. this was not available when i started

reloading. took me about 2 years and asking lots of questions to

other reloaders and vendors....

I wouldn't worry about not paying attention in class. That is why Jim brings the wiffle bat to class.

Couple of smacks upside the head and attention is no longer a problem. [shocked]

j/k... I took this class and have nothing but great things to say about it. Jim is an excellent instructor

and his classroom presentation and visual aids are well done. I have loaded thousands of rounds since

without a problem.

Back
Top Bottom