You Could Say I Am a Sniper Now ...

The only thing missing here is an additional acronym
What if they made a 6.5 Creedmore Assy improved 🤔

Maybe?

I'm trying here guys but I haven't done this B.S. game since High School and I'm way out of practice.
Maybe I need to get me a .40 first just to set me right.

Guys, the owner manual says I have ro remind you every once in a while I own a 6.5cm and you can't touch it.

This is the reminder.
Im really curious what rifle you actually bought now. I feel like I need another

Joking aside ...

I am not looking at scopes in a certain price range, but came across this video. I thought it was really good, very honest, with a variety of scopes tested.

View: https://youtu.be/qpJ10iKzG30

Broc in all seriousness what’s your budget, intended use, platform and distance of your planned target engagements?

Joking aside ...

I am not looking at scopes in a certain price range, but came across this video. I thought it was really good, very honest, with a variety of scopes tested.

View: https://youtu.be/qpJ10iKzG30

Ive always had good luck with athelon glass
I had a 6.5 grendel build with one of theirs on it easily could stretch to 600 yards

Broc in all seriousness what’s your budget, intended use, platform and distance of your planned target engagements?

intended use:

Hunting - Wyoming - so anywhere from 100 to 400 yards, maybe 500. But I will try to not go past 350-400 unless I am very comfortable reading the wind. I don't have a ton of practice there.

For range fun .. up to 600 yards.

Budget:
- no budget. I want to buy something good, but also don't need a $1,500 scope. I need ot to be light, clear and preferably have an illuminated reticle in MOA.

Platform:
Bolt action.

My eyes are great so I prefer to not use a ton of magnification, I was thinking 4x for the long range, but it might be too much if I engage a target at 100 yards. So maybe a 2x or 3x?

This is the next video that pops up 😆.

View: https://youtu.be/EB92ACyRGZU

There might be some that hit harder.
Some that are slightly flatter.
Some that are slightly faster.

But what I liked about the 6.5cm is barrel life compared to some of the claimed cartridges to be better, factory ammo is way cheaper, reloading it is also cheaper, there are a lot of rifles available.

I would use a 45/70 and f*ck all the other calibers, but shooting a bullet with the BC of a school bus past 300 yards in a very windy day is very challenging and I don't have the amount of time to properly practice.

I was going to go with 308, but ... decided to try 6.5cm.

intended use:

Hunting - Wyoming - so anywhere from 100 to 400 yards, maybe 500. But I will try to not go past 350-400 unless I am very comfortable reading the wind. I don't have a ton of practice there.

Budget:
- no budget. I want to buy something good, but also don't need a $1,500 scope. I need ot to be light, clear and preferably have an illuminated reticle in MOA.

Platform:
Bolt action.

My eyes are great so I prefer to not use a ton of magnification, I was thinking 4x for the long range, but it might be too much if I engage a target at 100 yards. So maybe a 2x or 3x?
Id say something in the like 3-15 range.

This is 25x at 700 yards, orange target is a 66% ISPC

20220730_120928.jpg

Remember you can always dial down in magnification but you can't dial beyond your max magnification , even though you think 400 yds will be max , if you want to reach 1K+ (which is when the 6.5's really show their strength) you should be up around 30X . For known distance target score ring only , I favor a simple crosshair reticle. For the value I like the Sightrons.

intended use:

Budget:

Platform:
Bolt action.

All my long guns…. 100 yards. That’s all. After reading this thread I now need to join the .40 and 6.5 club. Those will have to be my next purchases.

Back
Top Bottom